Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm not worried about Haener beating out Eason

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

This thing might stretch past the EWU game but ultimately Eason is going to start.

I am worried that Eason isn't nearly as good as most of us want to believe he is.

Obviously I think he's better than Brownsocks and the walking turnover, but if he was the stud that his recruiting hype suggests he would have put Haener away in the spring or at worst the first week of summer.

The reality is Eason is most likely exactly what we saw at Georgia - a big, strong armed QB with serious accuracy issues. And probably not the highest football IQ.

He'll make opponents defend the whole field and probably have a handful of NTD, BB throws. But he's not the QB savior we've been waiting for.

ISHIT.

We're questioning Eason's IQ and accuracy in fall camp because he hasn't been named the starter? He hasn't been named the starter because Pete wants Eason to work for it. This is Pete's game for new QBs. I'm not worried at all that Eason won't be named the starter. We've learned very little since the open practices besides some random fan tweets. Far too little to make judgements on Eason's abilities. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some growing pains early but let's not dismiss him and crave for Huard quite yet.
    No, I questioned his accuracy and FBIQ when he was at UGa. His inability to put Haener away is just classic confirmation bias.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This thread is telling me, the season needs to hurry the hell up and get here. This bored jumps to conclusuons on everything, its what makes us fat, dumb, and the best....
  • Options
    nycgobearsnycgobears Member Posts: 153

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

He’s not going to be great and our offense is FS. I wish we didn’t have to wait for Huard to get great QB play, but that’s what seems likely. If Huard isn’t great, we are fucked and it will get ugly.

My hope for the future in spite of Pete's FS potato head offense, is that, at least, most of the guys in the QB room moving forward- i.e., Eason, Sirmon, Morris, etc - don't have quite the same physical limitations as Browning.
    If we are bad on offense this year, Bush has to go. I would put more blame on Pete, but changes will have to be made. No more, “We are so close, assignment errors, etc.” It has to be blown up if it’s bad.

The offense has been good one year out of 5 for Pete here. Oregon State sucks, but Jonathon Smith has a good offense there and I just saw he had multiple skill guys on the preseason All PAC 12 teams. Pete has made good adjustments to every problem but his offense. I’m getting tired of it.
    It's fucking maddening @RoadDawg55 . Pete gets A- to A+ grades on being a CEO, player development, Defense, leveling up in recruiting, etc. But the offense is D - and not championship caliber. We're gonna find out in a hurry how much of this is Pete's system and how much was Browning. Tick, tick, tick...
    So how much is pete’s buyout after next year. Also I hear urban is tanned rested and ready
    2016 made # @FirePete into a lunatic, fringe movement. The 2nd Pac title and massive level up in 'crooting confirmed this. In spite of the FS offense, the risk of firing Pete is far too great. The odds of upgrading from him - he's a top 3- 4 corch in the country - at this stage of the game are minuscule. I'm happy to reassess after 2021.
    @pisssnow let’s be honest. We had enough talent and the schedule to make the playoffs in 2017 and 2018. To put up less that 14 against against cal and stdu. I don’t think we should completely rule it out
    I'm always honest with you WAC. Why would I have reason to lie?

We did have enough talent in theory. That still doesn't mean a team is going to the CFP every year. Pete's offense to date is garbage. And we're still stacking Pac titles like cord wood and being lights out on the recruiting trail. We're stuck with Pete through year 8. Strap on a pair of balls and suffer through it like a man.
    CP didn’t all of a sudden forget how to offense. Anytime you guys are feeling pessimistic, look at this. It’ll give you some perspective.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

He’s not going to be great and our offense is FS. I wish we didn’t have to wait for Huard to get great QB play, but that’s what seems likely. If Huard isn’t great, we are fucked and it will get ugly.

My hope for the future in spite of Pete's FS potato head offense, is that, at least, most of the guys in the QB room moving forward- i.e., Eason, Sirmon, Morris, etc - don't have quite the same physical limitations as Browning.
    If we are bad on offense this year, Bush has to go. I would put more blame on Pete, but changes will have to be made. No more, “We are so close, assignment errors, etc.” It has to be blown up if it’s bad.

The offense has been good one year out of 5 for Pete here. Oregon State sucks, but Jonathon Smith has a good offense there and I just saw he had multiple skill guys on the preseason All PAC 12 teams. Pete has made good adjustments to every problem but his offense. I’m getting tired of it.
    It's fucking maddening @RoadDawg55 . Pete gets A- to A+ grades on being a CEO, player development, Defense, leveling up in recruiting, etc. But the offense is D - and not championship caliber. We're gonna find out in a hurry how much of this is Pete's system and how much was Browning. Tick, tick, tick...
    So how much is pete’s buyout after next year. Also I hear urban is tanned rested and ready
    2016 made # @FirePete into a lunatic, fringe movement. The 2nd Pac title and massive level up in 'crooting confirmed this. In spite of the FS offense, the risk of firing Pete is far too great. The odds of upgrading from him - he's a top 3- 4 corch in the country - at this stage of the game are minuscule. I'm happy to reassess after 2021.
    @pisssnow let’s be honest. We had enough talent and the schedule to make the playoffs in 2017 and 2018. To put up less that 14 against against cal and stdu. I don’t think we should completely rule it out

We did have enough talent in theory. That still doesn't mean a team is going to the CFP every year. Pete's offense to date is garbage. And we're still stacking Pac titles like cord wood and being lights out on the recruiting trail. We're stuck with Pete through year 8. Strap on a pair of balls and suffer through it like a man.
    CP didn’t all of a sudden forget how to offense. Anytime you guys are feeling pessimistic, look at this. It’ll give you some perspective.
    So stylish though. Ty passed the look test for something...not a football coach but something.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

You know why Petersen lost to Ty?

Boise kept moving down the field and failing in the red zone

Sounds familiar

ouch
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Lol this thread sucks
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

How in hell did this otherwise great thread devolve into a Pete firing thread? Shame.gif

Credit to mushbrain firepete for the successful hijack. I guess I underestimated you lol

hey man, it's been rough offseason. need a way to entertain myself by trolling ppl
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

So stylish though. Ty passed the look test for something...not a football coach but something.

Perhaps?
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 487
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club

I was today years old when I finally understood why the fuck a trigger warning might be needed.

Jesus fucking Christ I hate that bastard.
  • Options
    nycgobearsnycgobears Member Posts: 153

I was today years old when I finally understood why the fuck a trigger warning might be needed.

Jesus fucking Christ I hate that bastard.
    Ahhh... the good old days except those white Cal pants were crappy as hell.

https://youtu.be/-U5hYzWZRrQ
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    I trust the coach.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    PurpleJ said:

I trust the coach.

Congrats. You've been promoted to "President" on Dawgman.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

I trust the coach.

I don’t trust the couch.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    edited August 2019
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I trust the coach.

You should be more worried about Trump burning the rain forests down and truning Greenland into a concentration camp for messicans.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I trust the coach.

You should be more worried about Trump burning the rain forests down and truning Greenland into a concentration camp for messicans.
    You are the "@dril" of HardcoreHusky. This I am certain of.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O8A0uzl6EFM
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    I don’t think our offense is complicated enough, if anything. I don’t believe our WRs suck, either. Or not enough to derail the offense. I look at NFL teams. When the Pats had shit receivers, they still got wide open. SF put up 300+ yards with Nick Mullen’s at QB and only Dante at WR be Shanahan gets guys open. NO has only one WR but Brees throws for 5,000 yards.

Coaches. Can. Scheme. Guys. Open.

Our coaches just apparently shrug and say it’s on them, just beat your guy and get open.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

You know why Petersen lost to Ty?

Boise kept moving down the field and failing in the red zone

Sounds familiar

This