Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm not worried about Haener beating out Eason

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited August 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
This thing might stretch past the EWU game but ultimately Eason is going to start.

I am worried that Eason isn't nearly as good as most of us want to believe he is.

Obviously I think he's better than Brownsocks and the walking turnover, but if he was the stud that his recruiting hype suggests he would have put Haener away in the spring or at worst the first week of summer.

The reality is Eason is most likely exactly what we saw at Georgia - a big, strong armed QB with serious accuracy issues. And probably not the highest football IQ.

He'll make opponents defend the whole field and probably have a handful of NTD, BB throws. But he's not the QB savior we've been waiting for.

ISHIT.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019
    I think pete has an affinity for players brownsox or hanear that are extremely prepared and not physically gifted. Eason never really had to prepare that hard because his physical gifts made up for it. But to give the job to hanear because Eason doesn’t have a PhD understanding of your offense is fucking stupid. From what I have seen his freshman year, Eason did not fold under pressure like hanear or brownsox. To me that is an great upgrade.
  • Options
    FirePete said:

I think pete has an affinity for players brownsox or hanear that are extremely prepared and not physically gifted. Eason never really had to prepare that hard because his physical gifts made up for it. But to give the job to hanear because Eason doesn’t have a PhD understanding of your offense is fucking stupid. From what I have seen his freshman year, Eason did not fold under pressure like hanear or brownsox. To me that is an great upgrade.

He's not giving the job to Haener.
  • Options
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

He's not giving the job to Haener.
    I hope he is not. There are reporters that hanear is throwing picks every day, but Eason has not been named the starter.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

We don't need a messiah QB to win big. We just need a QB that can move the sticks and score some points once in a while when we get to the red zone. I mean shit...if the 2018 team was like 40th percentile in red zone scoring efficiency instead of last in Div 1, we would have gone 12-0 and made the CFP.

All we need out of Skinny is to be an decent upgrade from Browning. Add in some improvement in the kicking game and we're going to skull fuck a lot of teams.

But get skull fucked by likes of bama or Clemson
  • Options
    DuckMayneDuckMayne Member Posts: 29
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

This thing might stretch past the EWU game but ultimately Eason is going to start.

I am worried that Eason isn't nearly as good as most of us want to believe he is.

Obviously I think he's better than Brownsocks and the walking turnover, but if he was the stud that his recruiting hype suggests he would have put Haener away in the spring or at worst the first week of summer.

The reality is Eason is most likely exactly what we saw at Georgia - a big, strong armed QB with serious accuracy issues. And probably not the highest football IQ.

He'll make opponents defend the whole field and probably have a handful of NTD, BB throws. But he's not the QB savior we've been waiting for.

ISHIT.

I don't think its obvious that Eason is better than Browning. I think Eason will be the starter, at least for most of the year, but there's definitely a chance he struggles.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Eason could be all pro and Petersen would still fuck with him

The Cal game will reveal all

If Haener were to start against Cal, I really don't think we score more than 13 pts. Cal only lost 2 starters on D. They are going to be ready for us week 2.
  • Options

I happen to knwo that one of yor quarterbacks tried to come play for Coach Tucker in the spring. Peterson is a very unethical coach and prevented this. I think that the quaterbacks name was Surmon.

CoogReaper wants his schtick back
  • Options
    DuckMayne said:

dnc said:

ISHIT.

I don't think its obvious that Eason is better than Browning. I think Eason will be the starter, at least for most of the year, but there's definitely a chance he struggles.
    I think you misunderestimate how bad Browning was.

Agee with your second sentence.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I agree. Eason is no Trevor Lawrence. He also doesn't need to be. We've been able to run the ball very effectively with a limited QB who simply could not hit certain parts of the field. Defenses are going to have a lot more respect for Eason simply because he can make any throw at any given time, albeit inconsistently. I think that'll help our run game more than anything, especially in the red zone where we regularly sputtered last year (again, mostly because of Browning's limitations).