Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm not worried about Haener beating out Eason

1235»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

I’m worried

You're used to disappointment. The last few years have fooled the doogs but you know the true nature of the shit
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    RealRhino said:

I don’t think our offense is complicated enough, if anything. I don’t believe our WRs suck, either. Or not enough to derail the offense. I look at NFL teams. When the Pats had shit receivers, they still got wide open. SF put up 300+ yards with Nick Mullen’s at QB and only Dante at WR be Shanahan gets guys open. NO has only one WR but Brees throws for 5,000 yards.

Coaches. Can. Scheme. Guys. Open.

Our coaches just apparently shrug and say it’s on them, just beat your guy and get open.

Our window dressings and formations can be complicated but our route concepts are super basic. It’s really weird.
  • Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    dnc said:

dnc said:

This thing might stretch past the EWU game but ultimately Eason is going to start.

I am worried that Eason isn't nearly as good as most of us want to believe he is.

Obviously I think he's better than Brownsocks and the walking turnover, but if he was the stud that his recruiting hype suggests he would have put Haener away in the spring or at worst the first week of summer.

The reality is Eason is most likely exactly what we saw at Georgia - a big, strong armed QB with serious accuracy issues. And probably not the highest football IQ.

He'll make opponents defend the whole field and probably have a handful of NTD, BB throws. But he's not the QB savior we've been waiting for.

ISHIT.

We're questioning Eason's IQ and accuracy in fall camp because he hasn't been named the starter? He hasn't been named the starter because Pete wants Eason to work for it. This is Pete's game for new QBs. I'm not worried at all that Eason won't be named the starter. We've learned very little since the open practices besides some random fan tweets. Far too little to make judgements on Eason's abilities. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some growing pains early but let's not dismiss him and crave for Huard quite yet.
    No, I questioned his accuracy and FBIQ when he was at UGa. His inability to put Haener away is just classic confirmation bias.
    Everyone knew Eason was going to win the job, just like everyone knew Browning was going to win the job as a freshman even though he wasn’t publicly named the starter. Petersen wants it to look like a fair competition. Simple as that.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    If you're not trying to sell TBS subscriptions, the rational take is the logical one.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Crisis averted. Praise Allah
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FirePete said:

Crisis averted. Praise Allah