Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

James Smith, 2020 3* DB, Bellflower (Bosco), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think this kid looks great. Remember he played behind McDuffie and Steele. Look for him to have a huge senior season
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ballz said:

Anyway, fuck Biggins.

I'll crystal ball James Smith to UW myself. He'll be a Dawg.

I enjoy giving Ballz a hard tim but credit where it's due, he called this one before anyone else did. Almost two weeks before the commit.

Respect.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Ballz said:

Anyway, fuck Biggins.

I'll crystal ball James Smith to UW myself. He'll be a Dawg.

I enjoy giving Ballz a hard tim but credit where it's due, he called this one before anyone else did. Almost two weeks before the commit.

Respect.
    Best in the bizness.........................................Bitches!
  • Options
    RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bosco is playing on ESPN2 right now, Smith is #4. Just had great coverage and a PBU on 4th down.

Did he start?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    RDR said:

Bosco is playing on ESPN2 right now, Smith is #4. Just had great coverage and a PBU on 4th down.

Did he start?
    I didn't watch the first half, but he started the second half. It doesn't really matter because Bosco rotates guys a lot.

He looked good in the plays I saw, he mirrors guys really well. But Bosco is so good their corners don't really get challenged much.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

RDR said:

Did he start?
    I didn't watch the first half, but he started the second half. It doesn't really matter because Bosco rotates guys a lot.

He looked good in the plays I saw, he mirrors guys really well. But Bosco is so good their corners don't really get challenged much.
    I know what you're saying, but if you get an offer from Jimmy Lake, you should start for any other HS team except for Bosco.

Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    RDR said:

RDR said:

Did he start?

I know what you're saying, but if you get an offer from Jimmy Lake, you should start for your HS team.

Thanks for the updates.
    If you're good enough to get an offer from Jimmy lake you're good enough to play at Washington.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    animate said:

RDR said:

RDR said:

Did he start?

I know what you're saying, but if you get an offer from Jimmy Lake, you should start for your HS team.

Thanks for the updates.
    If you're good enough to get an offer from Jimmy lake you're good enough to play at Washington.
    Touche. I was just referring to Greg Biggins comment he made earlier this week.

Animate, who do you like better Hector, Jackson, or Smith? For me, I prefer Hector, Jackson, then Smith.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

RDR said:

Did he start?

Who are the DBs ahead of him?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019
    Wow Ektard and Biggins were wrong? No fucking way
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Meek said:

I love this get.

Watched Bosco in the playoffs and he is a difference maker. This kid is amazing

Keep us posted if you catch him play TY. Interested to see how he does as a full timer.
    i definitel

RDR said:

RDR said:

Did he start?

I know what you're saying, but if you get an offer from Jimmy Lake, you should start for any other HS team except for Bosco.

Biggins mentioned today that he has seen James Smith play live twice this year and has been really good in both games.

Ektard followed up with this:

“ was told tonight that Smith has started every game for SJB.

I had some bad information and passed that along without verifying.

I had it confirmed that Smith has actually started since the beginning of the season.

Hope that allays some fears people might have had about Smith and his commitment/upside.”

Sooooo.... everyone can start liking this kid now. Starts for his team, plays well, has the measurements Lake likes.
    apparently you guys only believe what the paid recruiting anal-ists say instead of listening when I said I had watched the Bosco playoff games last year (the games that matter) and said that this kid was fucking great.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Meek said:

I love this get.

Watched Bosco in the playoffs and he is a difference maker. This kid is amazing

Keep us posted if you catch him play TY. Interested to see how he does as a full timer.
    i definitel

RDR said:

RDR said:

Did he start?

Biggins mentioned today that he has seen James Smith play live twice this year and has been really good in both games.

Ektard followed up with this:

“ was told tonight that Smith has started every game for SJB.

I had some bad information and passed that along without verifying.

I had it confirmed that Smith has actually started since the beginning of the season.

Hope that allays some fears people might have had about Smith and his commitment/upside.”

Sooooo.... everyone can start liking this kid now. Starts for his team, plays well, has the measurements Lake likes.
    apparently you guys only believe what the paid recruiting anal-ists say instead of listening when I said I had watched the Bosco playoff games last year (the games that matter) and said that this kid was fucking great.
    Here to beat your chest?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    How hard could it possibly be to find out if a player starts for their HS team or not? Don't all these TBS analysts have relationships with HS coaches, especially ones from premier programs like Bosco?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    "Me and Gary (Bryant) and Jalen (McMillan) were all hanging out and we spent time recruiting (Bryant).

"He's a good guy and I had a great time getting to know him better. We weren't making it too hard on him, but we talked to him a lot about development and what it means to be a Husky, stuff like that."

"I feel like my senior season is going well, but I don't get a lot of targets, so I just have to keep my head in the game and do what I can when I get the opportunity to make a play," Smith said. "Last summer when I was up there for my visit, the coaches were showing me different things to do because I'm a big corner.

"They told me to widen my stance and that will help me be more explosive and that's one of the things I've worked on a lot."