Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

As far as LB recruiting, Bruener/McDonald projected inside and Smalls/Banks projected outside? Any backup plans at OLB if we whiff on Smalls/Banks?

@sonics1993 bumping up this question since it got lost on the last page.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

What’s the point of Will Harris on staff?

Jimmy's replacement when he leaves.
    How much longer do you think Lake will be around for?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think a lot of folks think Eason is gone if he is halfway decent and I was or am one of them. That's what everyone thought about Hebert and he was halfway decent (badda boom) and came back

If you go to the NFL you get paid but you also get thrown in a lot faster than you used to. You can wash out before your rookie deal is up. Two years as a starter could help.

Really don't blame him either way. Just hope he is good enough to be tempted

Or maybe UW is good enough he comes back to take his shot at winning a natty. Dare to doog.
    That is a legit possibility.
    If Skinny's as good as we* hope, I think he declares after this season.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I passed him on the road a few weeks back. Flashed the Dubs, but he ignored me. NVCSB.
    Another random comment

Years ago I was coming off of Airport Way by the Kingdome and some asshole in a jacked up truck was pretty much in my back seat. So I slow down and flip him off and he roars by

It was Randy Johnson
    I'm pretty sure the unit was one of the biggest toolbags to grace the Kingdome astroturf during the Ms "big" run in the 90s. "Tanking motherfucker" was reportedly a label he was given by a really good first baseman who's name I can't remember.
  • Options
    AcropolisJrAcropolisJr Member Posts: 46
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    animate said:

If Eason kills it then I expect him to move on. He'll thank everyone for the process but next man up and all that shit.

If he does okay then it's iffy and if he comes back for another year - that year will be exciting for me as a husky fan.

Talent reaching critical levels just needing seasoning... Oh yes.

I would put money up that we take a second QB next year.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019
    Are you Chris Petersen undercover to reign in our wild and reckless behavior that parents of recruits read on these boreds?

Controlling the message just like always, crafty fuckin bastard!
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

As far as LB recruiting, Bruener/McDonald projected inside and Smalls/Banks projected outside? Any backup plans at OLB if we whiff on Smalls/Banks?

@sonics1993 bumping up this question since it got lost on the last page.
    Don't worry about where they are being projected, once they get on campus the coaches will figure out the best spot for them. Right now they just want 4 LB and there are some back up names being recruited but can't mention the names.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    @sonics1993 how big of a liability are bob gregory and jordan paopao on the recruiting trail? I know pete will never make a change for gregory but it seems it like both of these coaches miss key guys year in and year out
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

@sonics1993 how big of a liability are bob gregory and jordan paopao on the recruiting trail? I know pete will never make a change for gregory but it seems it like both of these coaches miss key guys year in and year out

Jordan is a solid recruiter and has helped out with few commitments no one gives him credit for like Daniel Heimuli, Troy Fautanu and Noa Ngalu. Bob on the other hand is just not a good recruiter but is a excellent coach who knows how to develop guys. And the staff around him can make up for his downfall with recruiting and he can coach them up. Remember we had Ale Kaho who is a 5 star LB and Henry To'o To'o but the parents got in the way.
    but it seems both Bob gregory and Pete K have the same weaknesses when it comes to recruiting. Since gregory and coach K coach inside and outside linebackers, wouldn't it have been more logical to have a 10th assistant coach that can help out in recruiting the lb position
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Parents love the academis of the SEC
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Will you be taking your immense talent to Wigwam only status or be available to us cheaper folk? Hope not because it would be the ultimate Doogman move.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Speaking of Bob Gregory, has there been any appreciable change in the way special teams will be coached this year? Gregory still owns the title of special teams coach but is he more or less involved this year? Are other coaches getting more involved?

Cause last year cannot happen ever again.