Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    Are we expecting any other commitments today? Is Jackson gonna push his back now? Usually the kids like to have their own day in the sun.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    A.Jr...did Lake put the hard sell on covington knowing Jackson will likely pop, that we might not have a spot for him come October, or would they take his commitment regardless?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,894
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

A.Jr...did Lake put the hard sell on covington knowing Jackson will likely pop, that we might not have a spot for him come October, or would they take his commitment regardless?

What does this mean for hector?

His spot is held? Esteen? Jackson? I know Esteen is safety (I think?) Someone more connected help this scenario make sense.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Hector needs to shit or get off the pot. That is the read I get
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Is it 3 or 4 DBs for this class?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,506
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Marry, fuck, kill.

Anna, FRANNY, Shane. Go!
  • Options
    AcropolisJrAcropolisJr Member Posts: 46
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

It’s looking like it may have just turned into first come first serve. Trying to find out the one other scenario of Esteen and Jackson committing together. If it’s not that. I think they hold a spot for Hector.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

someone just posted this on dawgman
    "Also, there's a rival UW site that would kill for Sonics and Jr's info."

Y’all hate on dawgman so much, I know they’re way too PC and Kim acts like he’s god and over-polices everything... but other than that, the community is great.
    The community was good ... but the policing is what is ... most good people
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Is it 3 or 4 DBs for this class?

Biggins keeps saying five is a possibility which suggests Esteen and Jackson dual commit to go with Hector.

Not sure how they have that much room but IJLIT.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

It’s looking like it may have just turned into first come first serve. Trying to find out the one other scenario of Esteen and Jackson committing together. If it’s not that. I think they hold a spot for Hector.
    Grazi. Part of me wonders if the coaches somehow got covington to pop before Jackson so they could hold off on taking Jackson's commit under the guise of spots filling up. And therefore hoping hector/esteen speed up their timeline.

Hell, the coaches could love Jackson for all I know. The timing of it all and fact covington is rated higher just seem like too much to be a coincidence...

Covington thought to be a dawg lean announces he's waiting till October. Cue yesterday and Jackson will now be committing tomorrow and likely favors UW. Covington says just kidding and commits before Jackson can. Shortly thereafter Jackson also says just kidding, and he's holding off.

Purely reading between the lines, that or a similar scenario just make too much sense in this context. Running low on spots and maybe they'd been assuming Hector would be on board before the season starts.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Thank you! for taking questions ... I just wanna know this one thing:

In your opinion ... Do ka-razy fansites like HH make an appreciable negative or positive difference in recruiting in the minds/eyes of recruits? Their families? Their coaches?

Especially in this day and age of twitter/IG ...

Or are we just a bunch of internet nutjobs that really are only on the periphery of recruiting?

(sub question: do you find Ruth attractive in a homely librarian/social worker kind of way? - thanks, and i'll take your answer off the air lol ...)

Yes this site hurts recruiting and is a pain for the coaches to deal with. A lot of family members visit this site.
    This site in particular or do the mainstream ones also hurt recruiting as well?

Is it the same for all top tier programs or just unique to UW?

Do you know or have heard coaches ever say that they lost a kid b/c of a recruiting site?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

okay, here's the other hot topic:

do you think the effort to recruit Texas is worth it?

or a waste of time?

Or not just yet? (like win a big game against a big opponent first to gain legitimacy ...)

Worth it. Recruiting it mostly texting and face time so it doesn't take up a lot of resources. UW is getting very aggressive in Texas as you can see right now.
    Then should and will the coaches be doing the same in other high D1 prospect states? Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Do coaches know you are on message boards?

If not, would they care, and how easy would it be for them to narrow it down it was you if they wanted to figure out who the mole was?
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

Shit, I got all kinds of questions. Clark Phillips: did he just not have interest, or we cool on him because of lack of size?

Why did we offer Carson Bruener all of a sudden? Was it missing on Herbig and Bothelo and others, or did we really just happen to complete our eval of him and decide he was good enough?

Why did Justin Flowe not even give us the time of day? How did Bothelo go from (reported) UW lean to never even visiting or letting the season play out? Did ND just give him an ultimatum or was his interest in the UW never really that high?

How can our TE recruiting be so poor after we put Dissly and Sample into the NFL, with Bryant looking like R2 prospect at worst? Why are offering Plan G guys after missing Navarette, Yurosek, Taylor, Smith, et al? What is Paopao doing, sending guys dick pics? This seems like the easiest sell in the building, yet we are struggling. Why?

Damian Sellers: he didn't like us, or we didn't like him?

No answers?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ali Gaye? Jordan Lolohea? What’s the real-world likelihood either of these guys boomerangs back?