Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pop Pop! review

124»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

8 blue chips in the boat.

Gotta close Covington and Hector and get Banks, then go all in on Sa'Vell.

I'm not as sure we? are taking a slot in this class as I was but if we do it still seems likely it's a 4 star.

It's seeming less and less likely we offer DJ Rogers. Without him it's hard to see this class getting past 12 blue chips, 13 absolute max.

Yeah, closing with Covington, Hector, Banks, Esteen, Smalls, & Carlton would be pretty fucking tasty... and not totally unrealistic. I guess you gotta add Overman to the list, cuz PaoPao's a cold turd. That would be 23 total which might be more than we have room for.

Filling out the secondary class is really important going forward... but for me this class ultimately hinges on how we do with Banks and Smalls.

gunt.
    There'll be room. Definitely some couches hitting the sale floor after the season.
    Some possibilities:

-Chin (grad transfer)
    -Gilchrist (grad transfer)
    -Rice (grad transfer)
    -Sodeberg (though I think he'd just keep the scholly and finish his degree)
    -Draco Bynum (didn't hear his name once in fall camp, sounds like he already got passed by Tuitele and Bandes)
    -Kizer (if his back is fucked)

I doubt Draco transfers. He came here to play school specifically for his major. Maybe a grad transfer eventually but unlikely before then.
    I still think he transfers to WTE eventually
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

I'm not as sure we? are taking a slot in this class as I was but if we do it still seems likely it's a 4 star.

It's seeming less and less likely we offer DJ Rogers. Without him it's hard to see this class getting past 12 blue chips, 13 absolute max.

Yeah, closing with Covington, Hector, Banks, Esteen, Smalls, & Carlton would be pretty fucking tasty... and not totally unrealistic. I guess you gotta add Overman to the list, cuz PaoPao's a cold turd. That would be 23 total which might be more than we have room for.

Filling out the secondary class is really important going forward... but for me this class ultimately hinges on how we do with Banks and Smalls.

gunt.
    There'll be room. Definitely some couches hitting the sale floor after the season.
    Some possibilities:

-Chin (grad transfer)
    -Rice (grad transfer)
    -Draco Bynum (didn't hear his name once in fall camp, sounds like he already got passed by Tuitele and Bandes)
    And a QB, either NFL or couch. Maybe another receiver.
    Agree on QB. Receiver has 4 seniors leaving for sure plus Chin likely... that's a lot of playing time up for grabs. I don't see any of them as being afraid of that competition. Same goes for OL with 3 senior starters and a senior 6th man in Roberts
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

gunt.
    Some possibilities:

-Chin (grad transfer)
    -Rice (grad transfer)
    Rice and Gilchrist are both moving up (relative to where they were) and are running with the 2s. There's no shame in being solid senior depth.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

gunt.
    Some possibilities:

-Chin (grad transfer)
    -Rice (grad transfer)
    Rice and Gilchrist are both moving up (relative to where they were) and are running with the 2s. There's no shame in being solid senior depth.
    Gilchrist had been working as a safety for basically his whole time at UW, and then got pushed to slot corner because of Cam Williams and Alex Cook. If Irvin gets healthy, I imagine that he'd beat out Gilchrist for that 2nd unit spot.

Rice is fine, but it feels like he's been here forever (like ChrisB said) and he still hasn't seen meaningful snaps. ZTF played over him in the Rose Bowl. If he can't get on the field this year, he gone
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

gunt.
    Some possibilities:

-Chin (grad transfer)
    -Rice (grad transfer)

I doubt Draco transfers. He came here to play school specifically for his major. Maybe a grad transfer eventually but unlikely before then.
    I still think he transfers to WTE eventually
    I'm not as down on Draco as others are. I think he ends up being decent depth in the middle as a rotational player.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Draco is not good at all lol.

He’s one of the worst dudes on our team. His full speed is everyone else’s half speed. He’s afraid of being hit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

gunt.
    Some possibilities:

-Chin (grad transfer)
    -Rice (grad transfer)
    I actually think that’s the case with those guys and normally I’m pretty quick to write guys off. They aren’t good, but they aren’t horrible either.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,860
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019

Draco is not good at all lol.

He’s one of the worst dudes on our team. His full speed is everyone else’s half speed. He’s afraid of being hit.

Can you talk about this on your next pod.

My kids said fuck off for no shout out btw.