Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL NFL Draft Super Thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Bread said:

RealRhino said:

We are one of three schools with #1 draft picks in each of the past three years. Who will get us to four? In order of likelihood, IMO:

Myles Bryant- Projected 1st rounder in 2019
    Eason - positional value just so high
    Hunter - Injuries a concern
    K. Taylor - prototype size
    Tryon - Needs to ball out
    Trey - Injuries probably make this impossible, but he has the talent
    Levi - A little light. 285-lb. 3T needs to be special, hasn't been Ed Oliver special.

That's it. Need one of those guys.

Eason and Keith Taylor probably the only “realistic” options. Judging by the reports of our offense this spring, Taylor might be the only possibility. 6’3” 4.5 40 at the position we are best at developing. I think he has a big year, but as good as Murphy was (I know he doesn’t have the same frame), he still wasn’t a first rounder. Only one CB was taken in the first round this year and it was #30.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

RealRhino said:

We are one of three schools with #1 draft picks in each of the past three years. Who will get us to four? In order of likelihood, IMO:

Eason - positional value just so high
    Hunter - Injuries a concern
    K. Taylor - prototype size
    Tryon - Needs to ball out
    Trey - Injuries probably make this impossible, but he has the talent
    Levi - A little light. 285-lb. 3T needs to be special, hasn't been Ed Oliver special.

That's it. Need one of those guys.

I’d put money on Keith Taylor over anyone else. For all the talk about how competitive the secondary position battles have been, KT has been locked down at his spot for a reason. Dude isn’t getting thrown at
    He won best hands with the most picks this spring after getting 2nd last year as a sophomore. So when he does get throne at, he makes shit happen.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Wtf? No one gave #myjohnson a try
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Puppy wood give your Johnson a try.
  • Options
    dawgs206 said:

He signed with the Broncos as an UDFA
    Tsank u
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,819
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dawgs206 said:

Tsank u
    Can I teach you how to use the interwebs?
  • Options

dawgs206 said:

Tsank u
    Wana cyber?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,819
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dawgs206 said:

Tsank u
    Wana cyber?
    A/s/l?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2019

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

animate said:

Hate to say I told you so but I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO! Who am I kidding? I love saying it. Gaskin was a great college player but is not coveted by the NFL. Every draft eligible RB under the sun is getting drafted before him. The NFL wants big backs (215+ pounds). That's what works at the highest level of football both in the NFL and in college. And if you're not a big back you better have elite speed. Gaskin has neither the size or speed the NFL is looking for. That's the reality and what I've been saying for years. Sorry not sorry for being objective. Gaskin's a Husky legend and that's great. But he is and remains a 3-star talent who outperformed his ranking in college but still doesn't have the talent level the NFL covets. Best of luck to him trying to make a roster.

Sounds like Phillip Lindsay.

So, you think that Lindsay way better than Gaskin or is much more suited to the NFL?
    Stop comparing Gaskin to a an extremely rare instance. He's not Lindsay. He's not going to go undrafted and then become Offensive Rookie of the Year. Just stop. Yes, Phillip Lindsay is better than Gaskin.
    How can you calculate Lindsay is better than Gaskin as an absolute statement?
    Because he is.
    The lack of data points makes your position unobjective. Your stance is emotional due to him making your girl(moms?) shit herself until proven otherwise.
    I think the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year is better than Gaskin. Let me know when Gaskin achieves the same thing. Then you'll have an argument.
    The point, dumb dumb, is that you didn't know the NFL Offensive ROTY was going to be the NFL Offensive ROTY. You don't know what Gaskin will do in the NFL. But we do know is that the kid has skills, great acceleration and vision and runs well in traffic. He knows how to get 7 or 8 yards and he's a clutch kid. We do know he was a great back in college. You have no fucking clue how he'll fare as a pro. Just stop already.
    I never said I know what he's going to do in the NFL you idiot. I said the chances of him being NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and a pro bowler as a rookie are extremely low which is true. I had him rated as a late round pick to UDFA for a long time and got ridiculed for it. Today I was proven right. I love the way you pretend to actually care about Gaskin though, which you don't. You're just desperate to try to take a jab at me any way you can because you're a pathetic loser. You didn't answer my question? How'd Oregon do in the draft?
    Way to go way out on a limb there Gil. I think I'll do the same and pick 20 or 30 guys who were drafted and predict that none of them will likely become NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. In other news, I will also predict that water remains wet.

I don't care about Gaskin, personally, any more than I care about your degree from UW Tacoma CC. He seems like a good kid, I like that he's a Seattle kid, and I liked his game. I respect what he did for his team and I'm pretty clear that UW has a bunch more in the Loss column if he's not playing for them.

He also has a package of skills, and most importantly the right mindset, to actually make a run of it in the NFL.

But I suppose I should let you do your victory lap tomorrow when you tell everyone that YOU WERE RIGHT when you predicted that the sun would rise in east. Are you aware that you've managed to make like 500 posters, all of whom want everything you say to be correct, hate you nonetheless? Do you have any friends, anywhere?
  • Options

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

animate said:

Hate to say I told you so but I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO! Who am I kidding? I love saying it. Gaskin was a great college player but is not coveted by the NFL. Every draft eligible RB under the sun is getting drafted before him. The NFL wants big backs (215+ pounds). That's what works at the highest level of football both in the NFL and in college. And if you're not a big back you better have elite speed. Gaskin has neither the size or speed the NFL is looking for. That's the reality and what I've been saying for years. Sorry not sorry for being objective. Gaskin's a Husky legend and that's great. But he is and remains a 3-star talent who outperformed his ranking in college but still doesn't have the talent level the NFL covets. Best of luck to him trying to make a roster.

So, you think that Lindsay way better than Gaskin or is much more suited to the NFL?
    Stop comparing Gaskin to a an extremely rare instance. He's not Lindsay. He's not going to go undrafted and then become Offensive Rookie of the Year. Just stop. Yes, Phillip Lindsay is better than Gaskin.
    How can you calculate Lindsay is better than Gaskin as an absolute statement?
    Because he is.
    The lack of data points makes your position unobjective. Your stance is emotional due to him making your girl(moms?) shit herself until proven otherwise.
    I think the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year is better than Gaskin. Let me know when Gaskin achieves the same thing. Then you'll have an argument.
    The point, dumb dumb, is that you didn't know the NFL Offensive ROTY was going to be the NFL Offensive ROTY. You don't know what Gaskin will do in the NFL. But we do know is that the kid has skills, great acceleration and vision and runs well in traffic. He knows how to get 7 or 8 yards and he's a clutch kid. We do know he was a great back in college. You have no fucking clue how he'll fare as a pro. Just stop already.
    I never said I know what he's going to do in the NFL you idiot. I said the chances of him being NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and a pro bowler as a rookie are extremely low which is true. I had him rated as a late round pick to UDFA for a long time and got ridiculed for it. Today I was proven right. I love the way you pretend to actually care about Gaskin though, which you don't. You're just desperate to try to take a jab at me any way you can because you're a pathetic loser. You didn't answer my question? How'd Oregon do in the draft?
    You got ridiculed for insisting Chris Warren would be drafted ahead of Gaskin.

You were wrong. Take the loss.
    But I wouldn't have been wrong if all the things that happened that made what I said wrong didn't happen you fucking idiot!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

animate said:

animate said:

This is really weak, I expect more from you (or maybe it's exactly what I expected)

- Lindsay was a decent college player for a half-decent program (for the years he was at Colorado there anyways)
    - his physical measurables are actually less than Gaskin. He's shorter with about the same dimensions.
    - Gaskin did more in College than Lindsay did (although if you put Lindsay on UW would he have done as well?)
    - he went undrafted, got his shot and made the most of it, good for him.

But this is what you said in response to me ...

"don't bring this example up" and "yeah, Lindsay is better"

Ok.

- why is Lindsay "better" when he did less in college? ... and when his physical measurables are even less than Gaskins?

You have lots of details in most of your posts and try to back them up with your inconsistent logic ... but you have none for me?

- why exactly can't we bring this example up? Because it's inconvenient for you? You have to think to hard to manufacture some obtuse answer or reasoning?
    He's better because he's better. He ran a 4.39 40 at his pro day. He was the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowler. He's one of a select very few undrafted players to ever make a pro bowl. I shouldn't have to go into detail when it's so fucking obvious that he's objectively better than Gaskin. Don't be stupid. I'm not rooting against Gaskin. I hope he makes the roster and has the best NFL career he possibly can but the chances of him being the next Phillip Lindsay are so fucking slim it's not even an argument. This is retarded doog shit. Just drop it. You all were wrong and I was right. That's it. Leave it be.
    Bump diggity
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019

animate said:

animate said:

This is really weak, I expect more from you (or maybe it's exactly what I expected)

- Lindsay was a decent college player for a half-decent program (for the years he was at Colorado there anyways)
    - his physical measurables are actually less than Gaskin. He's shorter with about the same dimensions.
    - Gaskin did more in College than Lindsay did (although if you put Lindsay on UW would he have done as well?)

Ok.

- why is Lindsay "better" when he did less in college? ... and when his physical measurables are even less than Gaskins?

You have lots of details in most of your posts and try to back them up with your inconsistent logic ... but you have none for me?

- why exactly can't we bring this example up? Because it's inconvenient for you? You have to think to hard to manufacture some obtuse answer or reasoning?
    He's better because he's better. He ran a 4.39 40 at his pro day. He was the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowler. He's one of a select very few undrafted players to ever make a pro bowl. I shouldn't have to go into detail when it's so fucking obvious that he's objectively better than Gaskin. Don't be stupid. I'm not rooting against Gaskin. I hope he makes the roster and has the best NFL career he possibly can but the chances of him being the next Phillip Lindsay are so fucking slim it's not even an argument. This is retarded doog shit. Just drop it. You all were wrong and I was right. That's it. Leave it be.
    Bump diggity
    Those are fucking factual facts! I stand by that post 1000%. Notice I said nothing about college Lindsay being better than college Gaskin. It was an NFL Lindsay versus college Gaskin comparison and Lindsay wins by a mile.

PS: You have no fucking life taking the time to dig that up. I know it was not an easy find. Guess you don't have anything better to do tho.
  • Options

animate said:

animate said:

Ok.

Bump diggity
    Those are fucking factual facts! I stand by that post 1000%. Notice I said nothing about college Lindsay being better than college Gaskin. It was an NFL Lindsay versus college Gaskin comparison and Lindsay wins by a mile.

PS: You have no fucking life taking the time to dig that up. I know it was not an easy find. Guess you don't have anything better to do tho.
    @creepycoug living rent free in SAC’s head
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    FirePete said:

animate said:

animate said:

Ok.

Bump diggity

@creepycoug living rent free in SAC’s head
    Obviously the other way around. I'm not taking 20 minutes out of my day to dig up old Creepy posts as an attempt at a gotcha moment. 5 seconds to respond, sure. But Creep is on a whole other level. Rent free.
  • Options

animate said:

animate said:

Ok.

Bump diggity

We call that memory + a search feature in 2019.

To your point, it did take about 12 seconds.