Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RealRhino said:

dnc said:

With practice closed, Jakes can get to work on the deciding factor; Who's got the best leg?

Best play of his career quite honestly.
    I know you're being sarcasmic but it's this

Dante is such a savage. He's going to put up big time numbers in the league for a long time.
    I just wish Bush would get roofied so he'd forget everything he ever heard or saw from Sarkisian and then go spend time with Dante and Shanahan to learn offensive playcalling.
    Calling a pass To lose the super bowl when all they had to do Was hand it off is always special.
    1. Not the head coach.
    2. Can't predict how the rest of the game goes from that point with great certainty.
    3. Not just hand it off. Hand it off and make FG. As we know all too well, sometimes easier said than done.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

dnc said:

With practice closed, Jakes can get to work on the deciding factor; Who's got the best leg?

Dante is such a savage. He's going to put up big time numbers in the league for a long time.
    I just wish Bush would get roofied so he'd forget everything he ever heard or saw from Sarkisian and then go spend time with Dante and Shanahan to learn offensive playcalling.
    Calling a pass To lose the super bowl when all they had to do Was hand it off is always special.
    1. Not the head coach.
    2. Can't predict how the rest of the game goes from that point with great certainty.
    3. Not just hand it off. Hand it off and make FG. As we know all too well, sometimes easier said than done.
    So it when it goes wrong the OC doesn’t take the blame? Can’t blame bush for calling a sprint option vs auburn with a baby giraffe at qb. He is not the head coach.

Along with bevell throwing at the two over the middle when it was an obvious tendency was one of the worst play calls ever for crunch time in a big game.

Kick the field goal and win the super bowl for atl. Even if he misses the field goal nobody second guess the decision because it’s heavily weighted in your favor.

Some offensive coordinators are obsessed with throwing the ball. He is no different.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Because we have no practice reports today, let’s break this clip down to get a better idea of the only thing we care about this fall.

Haener (#9) hands off to DickNewt (#28) who runs behind an OL that consists of MJ Ale (#68), Luke Lane (#78- who?!?!), and Henry Bainivalu (#66). The TE was Devin Culp (#83) and also on the field was WR Quinten Pounds (#21).

Conclusion: I’m hearing from sources who were at practice today and took video that Haener played with the backups. Don’t twist, just what I’m hearing.
    Whatever. It's hard to tell anything that's going on or make an accurate evaluation of skills because literally nobody in this drill is holding BAGS!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    H_D said:

Because we have no practice reports today, let’s break this clip down to get a better idea of the only thing we care about this fall.

Haener (#9) hands off to DickNewt (#28) who runs behind an OL that consists of MJ Ale (#68), Luke Lane (#78- who?!?!), and Henry Bainivalu (#66). The TE was Devin Culp (#83) and also on the field was WR Quinten Pounds (#21).

Conclusion: I’m hearing from sources who were at practice today and took video that Haener played with the backups. Don’t twist, just what I’m hearing.
    Whatever. It's hard to tell anything that's going on or make an accurate evaluation of skills because literally nobody in this drill is holding BAGS!
    One can only hope one's poasting career lasts long enough for one's takes to be mocked for a solid week.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited August 2019

dnc said:

dnc said:

This wasn't the one from that game I was thinking of.

Yo, where are these gifs coming from? Is there some inside UW shit I missed?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    edited August 2019

H_D said:

One can only hope one's poasting career lasts long enough for one's takes to be mocked for a solid week.
    A solid week? If it's still funny after 23 times.....

• Options
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yo, where are these gifs coming from? Is there some inside UW shit I missed?
    @CallMeBigErn
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

H_D said:

Lol you think this shit is just gonna last for a week?

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

dnc said:

dnc said:

Is there some inside UW shit I missed?
    The Wam is real.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

For the record I stand with Grundlez. Kalepo is huge and hasn't adjusted to his body yet. That's not a bad thing. It means he's not done developing. Which is a good thing. It means he's not close to his ceiling yet and has tons of potential left to develop(which our staff is good at).

Thanks for not leaving me holding the bag.
    Nice
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    Swaye's Wigwam

For the record I stand with Grundlez. Kalepo is huge and hasn't adjusted to his body yet. That's not a bad thing. It means he's not done developing. Which is a good thing. It means he's not close to his ceiling yet and has tons of potential left to develop(which our staff is good at).

Thanks for not leaving me holding the bag.
    At the other end of the spectrum I can see in about 1 second of video that someone like Cam Williams is comfortable, fluid, and adjusted to his body. It's not that hard to recognize. It's pretty common to see guys who develop into giants quickly have a second awkward phase that most of us go through once during puberty.

Not surprising. Kalepo is a baby face and it's obvious he needs mor tim in the program and with Socha. Did anyone project otherwise?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    If you are 6-6, 340 and you have A+ technique/coordination at 18yo you are called Orlando Pace and you are the #1 recruit in the country, play three years at Ohio State, get picked first in the draft, dominate the NFL for a decade and go immediately into the Hall of Fame.

Is it a surprise that a 6-6, 340 recruit is not there yet technique/coordination wise?