Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NCAA Proposes Rule Changes to Slow Offenses. . .

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    tracker said:

I'm sure the NCAA is prepared to release it's hard evidence that fast paced play results in more injuries. Outside of government if there is an organization anywhere with less credibility than the NCAA I'd like to know what it is.

Doogman.com?
    Got me on that one - well done...
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    This rule might stop Oregon fans from booing injured players as loudly as they've been doing. :-$
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    priapism said:

This rule might stop Oregon fans from booing injured players as loudly as they've been doing. :-$

Pictures or it never happend
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

There sure are a lot of closeted Doogs in this thread.

Nick Saban must be an honorary doog. Talk about a sore loser. Dude can't handle the hurry up so he tries to kill it.

I bet he succeeds, too.

Nick Saban is a bad mofo.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I never boo the players
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You can call this the "we want to fuck over Oregon" rule. Or the "we're a bunch of whiny fucking cunts because we can't beat Auburn when we're entitled to do so just by showing up" rule.
  • Options
    LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1

Teams don't have to snap it within 10 seconds to stop the defense from substitution. If the defense starts to sub, they snap it right away with no play called to get the penalty. Manning did this with the Colts a lot.

So the proposed rule lets the defense know they have ten seconds to sub. The offense can't get right to the line and fake them out of a substitution

Cerebral analysis!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The game has gone a little too far in the direction of giving advantages to the offense IMO.

A defense should have every opportunity to make situational substitutions as the offense does.

I don't see why taking out the "we're running to the line to prevent substitutions, if you sub we're going to snap it with no play to get a free 5 yards, and if you don't, we're going to stand around for 25 seconds before snapping it" is good for football.

The proposed rule has some dreckfest in it ... but it's not necessarily in the wrong direction.

I'm all for rules that take away the ability for those that like to exploit loopholes to be able to exploit young men.

The game of football should boil down to your ability to have better skills and execution than the other team. Not the ability to quick snap people to death.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

The game has gone a little too far in the direction of giving advantages to the offense IMO.

A defense should have every opportunity to make situational substitutions as the offense does.

I don't see why taking out the "we're running to the line to prevent substitutions, if you sub we're going to snap it with no play to get a free 5 yards, and if you don't, we're going to stand around for 25 seconds before snapping it" is good for football.

The proposed rule has some dreckfest in it ... but it's not necessarily in the wrong direction.

I'm all for rules that take away the ability for those that like to exploit loopholes to be able to exploit young men.

The game of football should boil down to your ability to have better skills and execution than the other team. Not the ability to quick snap people to death.

Hello there.

If the offense substitutes, the defense is allowed to substitute also.

Being in shape is a key skill of football.