Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your 1st memory of Husky Football?

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Fuck all of you that were at UW in the early nineties. That must have fucking ruled.

I got 0-12.

You get what you deserve!
  • Options
    Tripper_JohnsonTripper_Johnson Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Whammy in Miami
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

My first real memory is the Ohio State game in 1986.

Anthony Russo catching the TD from Lockner against tOSU to go up 7-0 was my first game memory.

It was abuse in the 2nd half.
    I was there!

sigh
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

Fuck all of you that were at UW in the early nineties. That must have fucking ruled.

I got 0-12.

You get what you deserve!
    I will cut you.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    for me it would be the 1990 USC game. I was 8 years old and for the first time really got that this was a big deal and feeling good about it
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

for me it would be the 1990 USC game. I was 8 years old and for the first time really got that this was a big deal and feeling good about it

I was nine years old and out of town at my grandparents in Montana and had to read about it in the Sunday paper when I got home. I saw less of that game than Todd Marinovich and GrandpaSankey did. I spent many a moment trying to picture Chico Fraley taking that pick back for six.

One of my biggest disappointments in life.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

It must have been nice to not have had a dreck fucking childhood of husky FB.

I praise Allah everyday for CP

Better do it 5 time a day
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    Growing up in MINNESOTA all I knew was smashmouth BIG TEN football.

Then one crisp fall day two ranked teams from Washington showed up on my television. I remember Ryan Leaf throwing the ball around the field and I remember not having any concept of the geography of Washington or either school or their history.

I guess in hindsight that was a big game for the Cougs.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam

Then one crisp fall day two ranked teams from Washington showed up on my television. I remember Ryan Leaf throwing the ball around the field and I remember not having any concept of the geography of Washington or either school or their history.

Yet another link with our sister program in Minnesota

Too bad you weren't around in 1960 so I could trash talk you about taking your natty away
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712

Yet another link with our sister program in Minnesota

Too bad you weren't around in 1960 so I could trash talk you about taking your natty away
    You can trash talk my grandpa. He has a hard time on the internet but I can print your posts out for him.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    85' loss to Oregon State.

I was too little to care or understand the ramifications of the loss, but I do have a vague memory of my Dad drinking in the car after the game muttering to himself.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've detailed this story before. The first game I attended I shit my pants (literally) when Roc took Lowe's blocked FG to the house. My panties contained all ejectulants. I made it to the toilet, flushed them, and returned to my seat in time to catch Lowe's pick 6. We? upset No 11 Michigan 23-18. It was the first time I ever tried 8 vodka Red Bull's.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ron Forsell had the computer picks and I don't like it reverse it
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I know it's a meme or whatever but it's dumb. Tennessee is our sister program, not Minnesota.
  • Options
    guatedawgguatedawg Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sonny Sixkiller probably junior year. After the games my two moms would go down to Hec Ed and get plastered with the Tyees. Sometimes my friends and I would sit and watch as the cheerleaders would perform for all these drunk fucks. Sometimes we would just hang out in the stadium and roam the concourses for what seemed like hours. One time we came across a huge garbage bag full of popcorn. I don't know how we snuck it out of the stadium and back into Hec Ed without getting caught.
    I know, csb.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    guatedawg said:

Sonny Sixkiller probably junior year. After the games my two moms would go down to Hec Ed and get plastered with the Tyees. Sometimes my friends and I would sit and watch as the cheerleaders would perform for all these drunk fucks. Sometimes we would just hang out in the stadium and roam the concourses for what seemed like hours. One time we came across a huge garbage bag full of popcorn. I don't know how we snuck it out of the stadium and back into Hec Ed without getting caught.
    I know, csb.