Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your 1st memory of Husky Football?

Comments

• Options
    LostDoogRewardLostDoogReward Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    95 was the season I really started to get into football. Squeaking out a win against Army, losing to Notre Dame and the tie with USC stick out the most.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019
    Taking a campus tour in high school and realizing UW was “Washington.” I vaguely remembered people talking about that team when I was forced to watch Cowboys playoff games in the very early 90s.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My first grade teacher talking shit to her Coug students after the 91 Apple Cup.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

probably 6-7 years old and my first memory is sitting with my dad watching the Don James Coaches Show on KOMO (with the fat host?) where he breaks down all the plays. At first I thought it was boring, but then I understood the game and enjoyed it each week.

ah, right. Wayne Cody.

For some reason, all I could think of was that Reveen did a Husky show.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Meek said:

probably 6-7 years old and my first memory is sitting with my dad watching the Don James Coaches Show on KOMO (with the fat host?) where he breaks down all the plays. At first I thought it was boring, but then I understood the game and enjoyed it each week.

There was a line from early Almost Live, "... and the fog was thicker than Wayne Cody's midsection." Weird how stupid stuff like that sticks in the brain.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,349
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bruce King did Komo after Keith Jackson

Cody was 710 Kiro. A sports radio pioneer to be honest. They started him to pimp the Seahawks broadcasts
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Got a pic with a cheerleader outside the stadium when I was around 8 or 9 maybe. Got some sweet UW cards one was Cody Pickett

YKW

The cheerleader, not Cody - though he was a strapping handsome young buck. Amirite, @Dennis_DeYoung ?
    Not even slightly. Might be able to find the pic if my mom feels like looking around sometime though
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

My first real memories were of the 84 team and the controversy with BYU. We had mormon neighbors who were huge BYU fans, and my dad and grandfather talked enormous amounts of shit to them. First game I saw in person was in 91 against Arizona. Their QB (George Malauulu) nearly died that day. Seeing that defense in person was something else.

I was there!

Oddly enough we hosted them in 90 as well and I was also at that massacre - second game I ever attended.

90 San Jose State was my first.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

My first real memories were of the 84 team and the controversy with BYU. We had mormon neighbors who were huge BYU fans, and my dad and grandfather talked enormous amounts of shit to them. First game I saw in person was in 91 against Arizona. Their QB (George Malauulu) nearly died that day. Seeing that defense in person was something else.

I was there!

Oddly enough we hosted them in 90 as well and I was also at that massacre - second game I ever attended.

90 San Jose State was my first.
    #metoo

Did Arizona punt on third down once?