Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With Pete building the best OL that UW has seen since the 90s... is this his way at hinting that...

BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
With Pete building the best OL that UW has seen since the 90s... is this his way at hinting that...

...he plans to keep his offense but wants to see how it works with an elite OL?

Comments

• Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

So if he didn't plan to keep his offense, he would recruit lesser linemen? Huh?

Okay, fair point.

What I probably meant was that with UW getting the best OL in decades, he will be emboldened to keep his overly complicated offense to prove to the many doubting fans that his offense can indeed win an NC.

Though there is an 81% chance he'd keep is overly complicated offense anyway, even if we weren't getting the best OL in decades.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    MisterEm said:

It's his way of telling the TBS wannabes.... to shut the fuck up and let the adults handle football.

Whiney white boys from the chess team should stick to Google scholar reference chest-beating.

:*
  • Options
    McLovinMcLovin Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    MisterEm said:

white boys from the chess team

You shouldn't stereotype so much

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I think 2016 showed what Petersen's offense is capable of because we had quality talent at receiver. Since then, it's been JAGs at receiver and Browning shitting himself without wide open Ross to throw to so it's been a struggle. Give Petersen an elite O-line, elite QB, elite TEs, and elite WRs and his offense will probably dominate. If he does his fucking job and puts the talent on the field this season, the offense should immediately be better than last season.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I cant wait for the 2 yard line pitch option play calling #can’twait
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The only thing I am certain of is Eason utilizing the TE position like we have never seen.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Pete's offense is hot garbage and that won't change anytime soon. It's better than Oregon's, but that isn't saying much at all.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    guntlove said:

I think 2016 showed what Petersen's offense is capable of because we had quality talent at receiver. Since then, it's been JAGs at receiver and Browning shitting himself without wide open Ross to throw to so it's been a struggle. Give Petersen an elite O-line, elite QB, elite TEs, and elite WRs and his offense will probably dominate. If he does his fucking job and puts the talent on the field this season, the offense should immediately be better than last season.

I mean, if you give just about any retard an elite O-line, elite QB, elite TEs, and elite WRs their offense will dominate. We haven't had elite offensive talent the last two years, but we've had enough talent to play way better than we have.

But this year we have a physically elite QB who can make any throw. Not the noodle armed, socks shitter of the last four years. If we still suck this year on offense... it's all on Pete and his mensa offense.
    This is a contradiction in one sentence. Our WR talent and QB talent has been sub-par the past two seasons and our best pass catching threat, Hunter Bryant, has been battling a knee injury. Yes, there were some terrible play calls by Bush last season but that offense was not going to be much better than what it was with what we had to work with talent wise.

I agree, IF the offense sucks this season it's Petersen fault. Duh. But the chances of it sucking are low with the talent we have to work with now.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TacoSoup said:

Baphomet said:

So if he didn't plan to keep his offense, he would recruit lesser linemen? Huh?

Okay, fair point.

What I probably meant was that with UW getting the best OL in decades, he will be emboldened to keep his overly complicated offense to prove to the many doubting fans that his offense can indeed win an NC.

Though there is an 81% chance he'd keep is overly complicated offense anyway, even if we weren't getting the best OL in decades.
    One the biggest misnomers on this bored is CP’s “complicated” offense.

TE’s trading sides, WRs shifting and RPO’s are not fucking complicated.

All offenses look complicated if the execution sucks.
    So maybe unnecessarily ‘busy’ or ‘cute’ is a better way to describe it? I don’t know... perhaps all the pre-snap motioning just makes it seem more complicated than it actually is. I do know Pete said at the end of last season that he would look to simplify the offense before this season. Not sure what that’s gonna look like... I guess we’ll see. EWIWBI.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Jimmys and Joes over Xs and Os
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Pete's offense is hot garbage and that won't change anytime soon. It's better than Oregon's, but that isn't saying much at all.

Greasy take.