Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaches and Scouts view on UW

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

Tequilla said:

The biggest key will be getting Eason to live up to his hype. If he does that, they should be in the Playoffs, but if he doesn't, it could be a long season.

We went to back to back NY6 Bowls w/ a QB that threw 19 & 16 TD Passes. If Eason can give us 25 we will go undefeated. If everything clicks and he goes for 30-35+ TD's we will win a playoff game. To me Teq, it is all about the Red Zone. We have had no problem moving the ball in between the 20's but the RZ is a different story. This is where Bryant/Jones/Spiker/Osborne I think will be the difference w/ Eason.

I tend to agree.

I think the biggest difference between Eason and Browning is just the fact that Eason can stretch the field much more effectively and that should break more big plays.

To your point on the red zone, the hope and expectation would be that Eason will be able to make throws into tight windows that Browning could only dream of making against elite athletes.
    Also browning did not have Jordan Chin to throw the ball to
    Deserves all the chins.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    There are only so many chins one has to give
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I’m skeptical that they will be as good as predicted (pac 12 champs). Losing 10 on defense and the best RB is school history and have no drop off? I don’t see it. This is an 8 or 9 win team.

Stronghaieballz insists that the Terrorist is better than Gaskin. He just didn't get enough carries.

Whether they? find a back who turns 2nd and long to 3rd and short again and again and again and the QB sitch are the keys.

The rest is Tequilla.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

This was written by Eklund. All of them are written by the team 247 scouts. There aren’t real scouts doing this stuff.

No fucking way. This is a lifetime of thoughts for Eklund.

Also the guy says he only went to four practices. He is not a beat reporter. And he speaks of CP and Adams from an outsider's perspective who is around a lot of different coaching staffs.
    No “scout” would talk about Scott Huff or Cam Williams. “I like Scott Huff” wasn’t a dead give away? Most the coaches in the Pac 12 probably don’t know who Huff is. You think Petersen could name half the schools in the Pac-12’s OL coach?

Who are these scouts that visit spring balls and have these write ups? I’ll answer for you, it’s Eklund and the other team writers.
    Exactly. I've wondered the same.

When you see the real version of these with the HCs takes, each one is like two lines long. None of them have time or interest to stand there and dissect each other program.

They say a few complimentary things, maybe make one obvious critical observation ("well they're going to have to replace Myles Gaskin, but Chris Petersen is one of the best in the business and I'm sure they'll have someone ready to go!") and move on.

I don't know if there is a pecking order in journalism, but if there is sports journalism has to be at or near the bottom with the National Enquirer.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This was written by Eklund. All of them are written by the team 247 scouts. There aren’t real scouts doing this stuff.

Also the guy says he only went to four practices. He is not a beat reporter. And he speaks of CP and Adams from an outsider's perspective who is around a lot of different coaching staffs.
    No “scout” would talk about Scott Huff or Cam Williams. “I like Scott Huff” wasn’t a dead give away? Most the coaches in the Pac 12 probably don’t know who Huff is. You think Petersen could name half the schools in the Pac-12’s OL coach?

Who are these scouts that visit spring balls and have these write ups? I’ll answer for you, it’s Eklund and the other team writers.
    What the fuck? I absolutely think Petersen could name half the OL coaches in the conference. I'd be surprised if he couldn't rattle off the names of every GA out there as well.

As for your larger theory of whether or not these are the writers or actual coaches, I could go either way on that.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    It’s a talent problem not a scheme problem.

The problem we had against SC in 2016 was situational playcalling tho.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Have you seen our offense?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2019
    dawgs206 said:

Have you seen our offense?
    Yes. Did you see our WR talent? Did you see teams put 8 in the box every play? Did you see how shitty Jake Browning was?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m skeptical that they will be as good as predicted (pac 12 champs). Losing 10 on defense and the best RB is school history and have no drop off? I don’t see it. This is an 8 or 9 win team.

Jeezus Damone, you sound like fucking Pumpeii.
    I’m also not a doog
  • Options

Exactly. I've wondered the same.

When you see the real version of these with the HCs takes, each one is like two lines long. None of them have time or interest to stand there and dissect each other program.

They say a few complimentary things, maybe make one obvious critical observation ("well they're going to have to replace Myles Gaskin, but Chris Petersen is one of the best in the business and I'm sure they'll have someone ready to go!") and move on.

I don't know if there is a pecking order in journalism, but if there is sports journalism has to be at or near the bottom with the National Enquirer.
    Looks like @EwaDawg has me off ignore.

Welcome back dumb fuck.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pretty sure these were from talking to NFL scouts and national writers. Local reporters and coaches don't say shit like that.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel made up one of those comments. I am convinced Yogi Roth made the OKG comments.