Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Possible glitch regarding WTFs

13»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So does Vanilla not have a control panel from which you, as the site owner, can turn such features on and off?

It’s tim for A-Zid 5
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

So does Vanilla not have a control panel from which you, as the site owner, can turn such features on and off?

Yes I have a dashboard, but that doesn't mean I have control over network-wide features
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have a Plan B which I'll be announcing to the board sometime this week.

Everyone is a mod?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Vanilla's reaction:

Hey Derek,

Because this was a bug that the developers fixed, it's not going to be something that I'm going to be able to disable for your site. I'm going to pass your request over to our product team as a possible feature request, but it'll likely be a little while before they act on it (if they decide they like the idea).

Thank you!

---

My disappointment with their response, which I told them, was that I have been with Vanilla since 2012, and the WTFs have always been visible. So to call it a bug is nonsense; it is something that the devs recently decided to change. Probably because some other site requested it.

This is bullshit. Don't take NO for an answer.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Vanilla's reaction:

Hey Derek,

Because this was a bug that the developers fixed, it's not going to be something that I'm going to be able to disable for your site. I'm going to pass your request over to our product team as a possible feature request, but it'll likely be a little while before they act on it (if they decide they like the idea).

Thank you!

---

My disappointment with their response, which I told them, was that I have been with Vanilla since 2012, and the WTFs have always been visible. So to call it a bug is nonsense; it is something that the devs recently decided to change. Probably because some other site requested it.

This is bullshit. Don't take NO for an answer.
    You gotta be careful here. I am firm believer that Vanilla has John Wick on staff to take out all dissenters. I wear a colander on my head so the government cannot steal my brain waves.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019

I have a Plan B which I'll be announcing to the board sometime this week.

Yes. Don't worry everyone. Derek put myself and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover on the case. We are to come up with work around solutions and report back. All we have done so far is play a "light our farts on fire" game and look at Lucy Pinder pics, but I am sure we will have something for him soon.

• Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Go with plan B. If we don’t have WTFs, we might as well fold this shit up.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    But how will poasters know when I passive aggressively disagree withe their poast?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

But how will poasters know when I passive aggressively disagree withe their poast?

Love will find a way
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Vanilla's reaction:

Hey Derek,

Thank you!

---

My disappointment with their response, which I told them, was that I have been with Vanilla since 2012, and the WTFs have always been visible. So to call it a bug is nonsense; it is something that the devs recently decided to change. Probably because some other site requested it they were too lazy to code into an optional feature via CP.