Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adam Carolla and thoughts about Hardcore Husky

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

FirePete said:

Freedom to @AZDuck !!!! Come on stalin don’t be a cuck and in ban him. Will make wam donations as soon as he is freed.

Speaking of cucks, maybe AZ _should_ be reinstated, but with a name change to AZCuck.
    Why? He'd be banned in 2 days anyway. He's been banned everywhere He treads. Every board, every social platform. Looks like He's baaaaack on Twatter but that's the only place that will have him.
    Yes, he'll shit himself in no time.

Hmmm... Speaking of freeloaders... What say you, salem?
    Baze is FIRST!!!!

Initially it was that I refused to give to anything Husky related. But that doesn't really hold water.

And I can't really say that I'm too poor to do so, because if that was the case I could be doing something else than poast here, at least after the normal work hours, to make more money.

Really it just boils down to being a tight ass.

But it is tim to give something.

If I had a Salem, OR mortgage I'd sponsor 10 x Wam memberships. Fuck, we know people at a 5 acre winery down there in the Eola Amity AVA that make world class wine, and you can buy the whole thing, inc. house for $1.2 million.
    Good point here. You can sponsor badges. I've sponsored a few over the years. Help the less fortunate pours around this shithole.
    Ha ha. I'm still paying the Seattle mortgage and need people to sponsor me.
    That only matters if you bought 2015 or later.
    Sept 2014 bitches!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Over the past few years, Damone and I have had periodic email exchanges about Adam Carolla. I'm a big fan of Adam, but I do not listen to his main podcast because I can't stand listening to Bald Bryan. For quite awhile I've been listening to Adam's podcast with Dr Drew. I enjoy their banter.

But that podcast is becoming increasingly difficult to listen to. They open up with four minutes of commercials. Then they start talking, but sixty seconds later they start giving plugs to their sponsors. Then Adam will start complaining about the mayor of LA or he's yelling at Drew for something. A few minutes pass and here they go cramming more 60 second ads and plugs into the show. So now, if the show goes 30 minutes, there are 10-12 minutes of plugs and commercials. It feels like the podcast equivalent of QVC.

But this has given me thoughts about Hardcore Husky. I have long said that the ultimate goal of this site is to get to 5 million page views a month and then get a bunch of quality sponsors who don't mind all the profanity and shenanigans found here. But would that be best for the site? Would it cheapen the experience to log onto Hardcore Husky and have all these ads and flashing banners, etc.? I don't think I'd like it. I feel like it would be akin to wading through all those ads with Adam Carolla.

I almost feel like if our traffic can continue to grow and the annual fundraiser eventually reaches $15-20,000, that would be enough compensation for running this degenerate day care. I would prefer that than making more $$ but having Hardcore Husky have a bunch of flashing banners. I would prefer to maintain the experience that we have on here every day.

I'm just thinking out loud here.

Degenerate daycare. I like that. I like it alot.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

I, for one, pine for the days when REPO REPO REPO was footing some of the bills.

I think advertising can work, but shudder to think what they might ask in return (rules). If I can't call Hardly Clothed a useless fag, then I might as well just jerk off instead of sitting here 4 6 8 10 16 hours a day.

[why not bofe?.gif]
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Aldo, hurtful the dong-o-meter hasn't been mentioned once.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Corolla and dr Drew are still on the air? I used to listen to them decades ago back on Westwood one ...
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

Corolla and dr Drew are still on the air? I used to listen to them decades ago back on Westwood one ...

https://podcastone.com/Adam-and-Dr-Drew-Show
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Derek, are there enough free loaders left to get to the $15k a year range on the annual drive?

Not at 25 bucks per. I think we hit 8K last year but that was on the strength of a BUNCH of Wigwams. We are 54 Wigwams short of 15K, and last year was by far our best year ever for donations. We need to double the user base to make that happen, plus have a small uptick in user giving rates. Some people, whom I love, actually give more than the $129 Wam level donation, which helps a bunch as well.

edit: We have 63 Wigwams now, but a handful of those are freebies given out to people who do a bunch of other stuff for the site. So figure about 60 Wigwams. We need to double that. And the year before I think we had like 43 Wigwams, so we went up markedly last year already. Doable I guess, but going to take more fans of the site. And if we could get a few of the free beer fucks to pony up that would be great as well.
    Chinned for proper use of "whom".

In all seriousness, I don't understand not donating to a site that has so much entertainment value. Most of us spend a shit ton of time on here for a reason. We get something out of it. So chip in, fuckers.

I plan on donating a little more this year.
    Well I didn't want to name names, but you were one of a small number of folks last year who went well over 129 bucks. Where was Pumpy? Saving for "Europe" I guess.
    * Ahem *

Go ahead. Name names.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I, for one, pine for the days when REPO REPO REPO was footing some of the bills.

I think advertising can work, but shudder to think what they might ask in return (rules). If I can't call Hardly Clothed a useless fag, then I might as well just jerk off instead of sitting here 4 6 8 10 16 hours a day.

[why not bofe?.gif]
    I’m gonna make @creepycoug an offer he can’t refuse this fundraising season.
  • Options
    Bedroom_RussBedroom_Russ Member Posts: 105
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Too many on here are still enjoying free beer. Time to step up, fuckos. Even an unemployed and unemployable like me can chip in a few bucks.

What if you are extremely pour like me?
    Ask your two dads for some money. Or stop bragging about being from the Eastside.
    Back the Pack is a fucking clown
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Derek, are there enough free loaders left to get to the $15k a year range on the annual drive?

Not at 25 bucks per. I think we hit 8K last year but that was on the strength of a BUNCH of Wigwams. We are 54 Wigwams short of 15K, and last year was by far our best year ever for donations. We need to double the user base to make that happen, plus have a small uptick in user giving rates. Some people, whom I love, actually give more than the $129 Wam level donation, which helps a bunch as well.

edit: We have 63 Wigwams now, but a handful of those are freebies given out to people who do a bunch of other stuff for the site. So figure about 60 Wigwams. We need to double that. And the year before I think we had like 43 Wigwams, so we went up markedly last year already. Doable I guess, but going to take more fans of the site. And if we could get a few of the free beer fucks to pony up that would be great as well.
    Wait.....Wigwams are a real thing?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599

Too many on here are still enjoying free beer. Time to step up, fuckos. Even an unemployed and unemployable like me can chip in a few bucks.

Ask your two dads for some money. Or stop bragging about being from the Eastside.
    Well, that's always been a given.
    Yeah thanks for the update

Now drown yourself
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Now drown yourself
    Weak
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599

Now drown yourself
    Weak
    That wasn't directed towards you foolio
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Now drown yourself
    Weak
    That wasn't directed towards you foolio
    Learn to use the quote function properly, buttnugget.