Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CNBC headline is absolutely amazing to me

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
"Jobs creation slows dramatically with payrolls up just 75,000 in May, much worse than expected"

Reading that you'd think we were in a deep recession

How about just reporting the news instead of interjecting your fucking bias into every article

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Explain the bias, please

Theirs, not yours. Yours is obvious
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    What the headline doesn't say is several previous monthly reports were revised down and the fed considering lowering interest rates.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,182

"Jobs creation slows dramatically with payrolls up just 75,000 in May, much worse than expected"

Reading that you'd think we were in a deep recession

How about just reporting the news instead of interjecting your fucking bias into every article

Most English sentences contain an argument. You’re free to argue back.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RedRocket said:

I'll concede that CNBC is probably the most hyperbolic. Seems like Fox is trying to bury the lead. Who said it best?

CNBC: "Jobs creation slows dramatically with payrolls up just 75,000 in May, much worse than expected"

NPR: "Hiring Slows Amid Trade Tensions, With Only 75,000 Jobs Added In May"

CNN: "US economy added only 75,000 jobs in May"

Wall Street Journal: "U.S. Added 75,000 Jobs in May as Hiring Slowed"

Fox News: doesn't appear to have a boiler plate article on the jobs report that has a headline I can copypasta. I can only find a 1 min video clip titled "May jobs report below expectations"

There's only bias in the MSM. Derek's news source shows no bias.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Seems like fabricated drama.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

RedRocket said:

I'll concede that CNBC is probably the most hyperbolic. Seems like Fox is trying to bury the lead. Who said it best?

CNBC: "Jobs creation slows dramatically with payrolls up just 75,000 in May, much worse than expected"

Fox News: doesn't appear to have a boiler plate article on the jobs report that has a headline I can copypasta. I can only find a 1 min video clip titled "May jobs report below expectations"

Are you capable of posting without fucking strawman ass Hondo?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

RedRocket said:

Ironic
    You're free to point out where I've done so. But we both know you're just going to run and hide.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

RedRocket said:

Ironic
    You're free to point out where I've done so. But we both know you're just going to run and hide.
    From the dude who brings up random shit people say from months ago, not even related to the topic, when backed into a corner.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

RedRocket said:

Ironic
    From the dude who brings up random shit people say from months ago, not even related to the topic, when backed into a corner.
    Months? Try years and usually comments taken completely out of context.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

RedRocket said:

Ironic
    Yes, yes, it's just "random shit" to post straight up lies from you when you're accusing someone else of being a liar. Or to post instances where you've swallowed like a bitch bullshit stories like the MAGA hat wearing kids when you're criticizing others for being duped.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Strange how a low unemployment rates slow job growth. The biggest issue we have is the 3.5% that is currently unemployed are unemployable. We just need keep moving workers from the government sector into the private sector.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Strange how a low unemployment rates slow job growth. The biggest issue we have is the 3.5% that is currently unemployed are unemployable. We just need keep moving workers from the government sector into the private sector.

Yep, you really can't ask for better unemployment numbers. 3.5% is full employment. A bigger issue is wages though, particularly for the bottom 60%. The inequality gulf that's decades in the making is not shrinking any time soon.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,182

I thought you guys wanted 3%+ GDP growth. I’m sure you’ll rationalize everything somehow.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Not only did I not read the article

I didn't read the headline
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

Baseman said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

RedRocket said:

Ironic
    From?