Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you personally know of a US job loss or creation due to tariffs?

HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Do you personally know of a US job loss or creation due to tariffs? 13 votes

Creation
7%
Bendintheriver 1 vote
Loss
38%
RaceBannonGreenRiverGatorzZoneUWGDSHustlinOwl 5 votes
Neither
53%
HoustonHuskyKaepskneeSledogPitchfork51YellowSnowramenduckGoduckies 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I know about a dumbfuck who thought Obamacare would cover experimental brain surgery.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Loss
    I'm not against some protectionism, but would like to see how it's seen outside my own private Idaho.
    SFGbob said:

I know about a dumbfuck who thought Obamacare would cover experimental brain surgery.

Still playing games I see. Just vote and be done with it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I'm not against some protectionism, but would like to see how it's seen outside my own private Idaho.

SFGbob said:

What game? I know someone who was really that fucking dumb.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Neither

SFGbob said:

Idaho wouldn't let you in.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Neither

SFGbob said:

So you vote loss, but then don't explain what the loss was.

You truly are a shitty poaster in a sea of shitty Duck poasters. Go to realdawg or a place you will fit in better.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

So you vote loss, but then don't explain what the loss was.

You truly are a shitty poaster in a sea of shitty Duck poasters. Go to realdawg or a place you will fit in better.
    Dude isn't a Duck. Boise State Fan.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    GOP is the party of high taxes on consumers and anti free trade now, job losses yet or not.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

GOP is the party of high taxes on consumers and anti free trade now, job losses yet or not.

And AOG believes being anti-tariff is also being pro free trade. I find it funny that you believe China has provided free trade to foreign businesses for the last decade or so.
  • Options

And AOG believes being anti-tariff is also being pro free trade. I find it funny that you believe China has provided free trade to foreign businesses for the last decade or so.
    Where up there did I say I think China has provided free trade to foreign business for the last decade or so?

But it sounds like you went to the UO School of Economic Mysticism. Trump is OBVIOUSLY not in favor of free trade, otherwise he wouldn't start trade wars with the entire world. 90% of Republicans back Trump. Trump's tariffs, contrary to his repeated completely idiotic dumbfuck claims, are paid by the importer, ie., the AMERICANs. Now what this means is the the GOP is in fact the party of heavy taxation on Americans and not in support of free trade. Also, the "have you seen anybody lose a job to tariffs" is a typical disingenuous far right argument. there is such a thing as hysteresis. Look it up. It takes a little while for the economic policy bunging to hit the streets. Now fuck off.
  • Options

Where up there did I say I think China has provided free trade to foreign business for the last decade or so?

But it sounds like you went to the UO School of Economic Mysticism. Trump is OBVIOUSLY not in favor of free trade, otherwise he wouldn't start trade wars with the entire world. 90% of Republicans back Trump. Trump's tariffs, contrary to his repeated completely idiotic dumbfuck claims, are paid by the importer, ie., the AMERICANs. Now what this means is the the GOP is in fact the party of heavy taxation on Americans and not in support of free trade. Also, the "have you seen anybody lose a job to tariffs" is a typical disingenuous far right argument. there is such a thing as hysteresis. Look it up. It takes a little while for the economic policy bunging to hit the streets. Now fuck off.
    Is Hysteresis your way of moving the goal post until something completely unrelated crashes the economy? Seems convenient
  • Options

Threatening to use or actually using tariffs doesn't necessarily make him pro tariffs. He realized however, that threatening to use tariffs or actually imposing tariffs are a great political tool for the country to get what it wants. All he's doing is weaponizing the US' greatest economic strength, which is our consumer buying power.
  • Options

Threatening to use or actually using tariffs doesn't necessarily make him pro tariffs. He realized however, that threatening to use tariffs or actually imposing tariffs are a great political tool for the country to get what it wants. All he's doing is weaponizing the US' greatest economic strength, which is our consumer buying power.
    Lame. what has Trump got from China? Not a fucking thing really. And -- they show no signs of capitulating. Actual diplomats know that Trump is an idiot who just likes to use brinksmanship. Usually there is some concession, but the new plans, if any, don't really change anything markedly.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Loss

Lame. what has Trump got from China? Not a fucking thing really. And -- they show no signs of capitulating. Actual diplomats know that Trump is an idiot who just likes to use brinksmanship. Usually there is some concession, but the new plans, if any, don't really change anything markedly.
    AOG claims defeat in the first quarter

Losers lose

Doogs hate winners

CWU is a shit school

"Actual diplomats" lol
  • Options

AOG claims defeat in the first quarter

Losers lose

Doogs hate winners

CWU is a shit school

"Actual diplomats" lol
    Red herrings
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Loss
    The number of migrants apprehended at America's southern border skyrocketed last month to levels not seen in over a decade, with U.S. Customs and Border Protection reporting nearly 133,000 arrests in May.