Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump’s tax cuts barely boosted growth or wages and is not paying for itself

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

What the fuck happened to El Monte? I see him running that ignorant mouth of his in other threads why did he run away from this one?

El Monte, how did I reduce myself to the level of Communist China? Come on Kunt, you made the claim back up that fucking big mouth of yours.

It’s simple GayBob. Tariffs (taxes on US consumers) are the natural recourse for trumptards who are beaten like a drum by china. Since you can’t beat them you advocate joining them. You are no better than a chi com GayBob.
    El Monte went with gibberish. So I've reduced myself to the level of Communist China because I don't think Chinese IP theft is part of the "free market" like you do.

Logic only a Kunt could love. And now you see boys and girls why this Kunt is so hesitant to let go of the side of the kiddie pool.

Glug, glug El Monte.
    Tariffs are the protectionist recourse for hopelessly uncompetitive trumptards like you GayBob. Just own it.
    Again, you are missing the point
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

SFGbob said:

What the fuck happened to El Monte? I see him running that ignorant mouth of his in other threads why did he run away from this one?

El Monte, how did I reduce myself to the level of Communist China? Come on Kunt, you made the claim back up that fucking big mouth of yours.

It’s simple GayBob. Tariffs (taxes on US consumers) are the natural recourse for trumptards who are beaten like a drum by china. Since you can’t beat them you advocate joining them. You are no better than a chi com GayBob.
    Sticking your head in the sand and refusing to acknowledge what is happening via state sponsored international corporate sabotage and market manipulation doesn't make it go away. I can't think of a major Economist that denies that it's a problem at this point. CDawg says so though so I guess that makes it all better.
    Do these same economists also advocate self-defeating, growth inhibiting tariffs?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Sticking your head in the sand and refusing to acknowledge what is happening via state sponsored international corporate sabotage and market manipulation doesn't make it go away. I can't think of a major Economist that denies that it's a problem at this point. CDawg says so though so I guess that makes it all better.
    Do these same economists also advocate self-defeating, growth inhibiting tariffs?
    Some do, what are your preferred methods? More of the same that's been getting our lunch money stolen? That seems to be all you advocate for.

I would have preferred that we revisited the TPP and created a vast free trade network with China's competitors.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

SFGbob said:

Because China still relies on manufacturing as the majority of their economy, tariffs is the most effective way to hit them. Does it cause collateral damage to our economy? a little bit. But the long term benefit outweighs a short term growth inhibitor.

Since you are so smart, do I need to wait another 2 years for you come up with an alternative approach to stop the technology theft occurring in China? Or would you rather continue with "Tarriffs are bad", because it's part of your liberal playbook?
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Because China still relies on manufacturing as the majority of their economy, tariffs is the most effective way to hit them. Does it cause collateral damage to our economy? a little bit. But the long term benefit outweighs a short term growth inhibitor.

Since you are so smart, do I need to wait another 2 years for you come up with an alternative approach to stop the technology theft occurring in China? Or would you rather continue with "Tarriffs are bad", because it's part of your liberal playbook?
    “Tariffs are bad” are part of the liberal playbook? Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave at how stupid trump has made the “conservative” movement.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Some do, what are your preferred methods? More of the same that's been getting our lunch money stolen? That seems to be all you advocate for.

I would have preferred that we revisited the TPP and created a vast free trade network with China's competitors.
    Some? Like leftist UC Irvine economist peter Navarro who currently advises trump?

The US enjoys massive comparative economic advantages against China. Capitulating to domestic US populist-protectionist demagoguery will fail miserably, as is currently on display. Pulling out of tpp was another in a sequence of horribly botched trump policy changes. Ultimately the force of change will come from continued Innovative dominance, and commitment to leading a rules-based trading system. Reducing ourselves to chi com levels through tariffs in the name of supporting obsolescence, incompetence and uncompetitiveness is the trump’s road to ruin.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

SFGbob said:

“Tariffs are bad” are part of the liberal playbook? Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave at how stupid trump has made the “conservative” movement.
    Trump isn't a conservative HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Some? Like leftist UC Irvine economist peter Navarro who currently advises trump?

The US enjoys massive comparative economic advantages against China. Capitulating to domestic US populist-protectionist demagoguery will fail miserably, as is currently on display. Pulling out of tpp was another in a sequence of horribly botched trump policy changes. Ultimately the force of change will come from continued Innovative dominance, and commitment to leading a rules-based trading system. Reducing ourselves to chi com levels through tariffs in the name of supporting obsolescence, incompetence and uncompetitiveness is the trump’s road to ruin.
    This is the problem, the rules have been completely ignored and often used against us. The rules are being violated, what do you propose as a recourse to the rules being broken? America will, I suppose, continue to innovate while the CCP sponsors corporate take overs of innovative start ups or hacking to steal the IP we are innovating.

Would you prefer to call them "sanctions"? I'm on board with putting "sanctions" on CCP money the way we have done with Russia. Good luck getting the dems to capitulate to that since that's where they receive their funding from.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

El Monte went with gibberish. So I've reduced myself to the level of Communist China because I don't think Chinese IP theft is part of the "free market" like you do.

Logic only a Kunt could love. And now you see boys and girls why this Kunt is so hesitant to let go of the side of the kiddie pool.

Glug, glug El Monte.
    Tariffs are the protectionist recourse for hopelessly uncompetitive trumptards like you GayBob. Just own it.
    Again, you are missing the point
    He isn't missing it, he is too stupid to understand it and his rote responses don't cover it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

He doesn't care about IP theft. He feels it's just part of the free market.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CD is a great example of the idiots that got us here. Some bought by China some just fucking losers.

But Trump is stupid for standing up for Americans when we hold all the cards.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

CD is a great example of the idiots that got us here. Some bought by China some just fucking losers.

Here's the thing, I would have much rather seen us isolate China by signing the TPP and creating trade agreements with "good actors". I think it would have been better to continue to let other countries see China for what they are, isolate them from the WTO if they won't follow the rules, and continue to promote free trade.

That said, Trump's trade war is better than, "hope and pray things get better" as a policy. The US economy can weather a lot more head winds than the Chinese economy can. The current GDP growth is indicative of that in the face of a trade war. The US is the only country still capable of standing up to the CCP by itself. I'm glad to see someone doing it, even haphazardly, before it's too late.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    [Elements of China’s military, state, business, and academia have been interwoven over decades and organized around one goal: stealing secrets from the West. This regime of theft takes with impunity, powering China’s economy and high-tech military, while robbing the United States alone of trillions in value each year.

Very late in the game, the United States has started to respond. The U.S. Justice Department made headlines in May 2014 by indicting five Chinese military hackers from Unit 61398 for their alleged role in economic theft.

The system, however, doesn’t stop at military hackers. Organizations throughout China work as “transfer centers” that process stolen information into usable designs. Official programs facilitate the theft. And the whole system runs through a corrupt nexus among government officials, military officers, business executives, and academics throughout China.

There is a nearly constant stream of news stories about cyberattacks and spies stealing technology from the West, but the true scale of the cyberattacks and breaches by spies goes far beyond what’s reported.]

The entire Chinese economy runs on state sponsored theft of innovation but yeah, we should just keep relying on our comparative advantage of innovation.

https://theepochtimes.com/investigative-report-china-theft-incorporated_1737917.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNobp7OnlJw
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

[Elements of China’s military, state, business, and academia have been interwoven over decades and organized around one goal: stealing secrets from the West. This regime of theft takes with impunity, powering China’s economy and high-tech military, while robbing the United States alone of trillions in value each year.

Very late in the game, the United States has started to respond. The U.S. Justice Department made headlines in May 2014 by indicting five Chinese military hackers from Unit 61398 for their alleged role in economic theft.

The system, however, doesn’t stop at military hackers. Organizations throughout China work as “transfer centers” that process stolen information into usable designs. Official programs facilitate the theft. And the whole system runs through a corrupt nexus among government officials, military officers, business executives, and academics throughout China.

There is a nearly constant stream of news stories about cyberattacks and spies stealing technology from the West, but the true scale of the cyberattacks and breaches by spies goes far beyond what’s reported.]

The entire Chinese economy runs on state sponsored theft of innovation but yeah, we should just keep relying on our comparative advantage of innovation.

https://theepochtimes.com/investigative-report-china-theft-incorporated_1737917.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNobp7OnlJw

El Monte's "Free" market at work. And if you protest, you just can't compete.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

When you had your gooberment lunch money stolen your whole life you don't give a shit about lunch money. CD was obviously bullied by China at school.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019

Here's the thing, I would have much rather seen us isolate China by signing the TPP and creating trade agreements with "good actors". I think it would have been better to continue to let other countries see China for what they are, isolate them from the WTO if they won't follow the rules, and continue to promote free trade.

That said, Trump's trade war is better than, "hope and pray things get better" as a policy. The US economy can weather a lot more head winds than the Chinese economy can. The current GDP growth is indicative of that in the face of a trade war. The US is the only country still capable of standing up to the CCP by itself. I'm glad to see someone doing it, even haphazardly, before it's too late.
    Would never have happened...too many holes in the TPP which would have let China directly into our markets with even bigger advantages (look at why Canada was so pissed...they wanted to be the go-between shipper between China and the US).

All economists pretty much agree that the current spat is forcing US companies to broaden their supply chains to be outside of just China, which long-term is a good thing for everybody (except for China...).
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

These numbers paint the picture. Obama was creating government jobs (for math challenged liberals that means higher taxes for everyone). Trump is creating private sector jobs which in comparison to Obama is a total turn around and a net positive which of course the article at top does not bother to discuss. The article is written as if we owe the government money because we get to keep more of our own. This only makes sense to idiotic democrats.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/02/01/manufacturers-added-6-times-more-jobs-under-trump-than-under-obamas-last-2-years/#a114fe25635a

Looking at Trump’s first two years, the revised BLS data shows that more than two manufacturing jobs were added for every one job added in government at the federal, state, and local level. In contrast, under Obama, almost five government jobs were added for every one manufacturing job.

After revising its data for past periods, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that seasonally adjusted nonfarm employment grew by 5.1 million jobs in President Trump’s first full two years in office, a 3.5% increase. Private sector payrolls grew by 4.9 million, a 4.0% increase.

Federal government employment was flat during the Obama years, but don't the facts fuck you up.
    And manufacturing jobs?
    They are up under both. Manufacturing employment is less than 9% of the workforce in the US. This isn't exactly a return to the 1950s. No one has specified when America was Great Before, so comparisons are difficult.
    Huh? You have trouble reading BLS charts? Don't go HondoFS on us...

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Would never have happened...too many holes in the TPP which would have let China directly into our markets with even bigger advantages (look at why Canada was so pissed...they wanted to be the go-between shipper between China and the US).

All economists pretty much agree that the current spat is forcing US companies to broaden their supply chains to be outside of just China, which long-term is a good thing for everybody (except for China...).
    We were the force behind the TPP, we could have done what we wanted to modify it. Tear the whole thing up and start again just don't give up the concept.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,328
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

These numbers paint the picture. Obama was creating government jobs (for math challenged liberals that means higher taxes for everyone). Trump is creating private sector jobs which in comparison to Obama is a total turn around and a net positive which of course the article at top does not bother to discuss. The article is written as if we owe the government money because we get to keep more of our own. This only makes sense to idiotic democrats.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/02/01/manufacturers-added-6-times-more-jobs-under-trump-than-under-obamas-last-2-years/#a114fe25635a

Looking at Trump’s first two years, the revised BLS data shows that more than two manufacturing jobs were added for every one job added in government at the federal, state, and local level. In contrast, under Obama, almost five government jobs were added for every one manufacturing job.

After revising its data for past periods, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that seasonally adjusted nonfarm employment grew by 5.1 million jobs in President Trump’s first full two years in office, a 3.5% increase. Private sector payrolls grew by 4.9 million, a 4.0% increase.

Federal government employment was flat during the Obama years, but don't the facts fuck you up.
    Another lie by a democrat parrot:

President Obama will set a record for the size of the basic federal workforce, leaving office with more than 1.4 million people collecting government salaries in the civilian agencies in 2017, according to the budget he delivered to Congress on Tuesday.

It’s a 10 percent jump from the time he took office in 2009

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/9/federal-workers-hit-record-number-but-growth-slows/
    Yeah, when you convert some jobs from military jobs to civilian jobs, you do change the composition of the workforce, but not the size. Reading is fundamental. That MSM Washington Times can be so misleading.
    Speaking of gibberish. Wow HHuskey you are reaching so far to defend the indefensible that you aren't making any sense. The facts are the facts. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

SFGbob said:

Nailed it - TPP had the strictest IP protections ever negotiated in a trade deal. It was put together specifically to counter China's IP theft. When we left the remaining countries stripped most of those IP protections we had insisted on and ratified it. Heck - now China may end up joining since those IP protections were stripped.