Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Speaking of democrat racists

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    To the left, Asians are nothing more than the White man's proxy. They aren't a minority unless they can be counted as part of their "diversity."

But when it comes to education, income, home ownership, crime stats, they lose their minority status because they throw a monkey wrench in the racist America narrative.

Pretty hard to claim that racist banks don't loan to minorities when Asians have higher mortgage acceptance rates than whites. They also hurt the push for race based affirmative action.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

Pretty hard to claim that racist banks don't loan to minorities when Asians have higher mortgage acceptance rates than whites.
    This is not true. We had this discussion back on the old shed. Asians are accepted at higher rates then Blacks and Hispanics but still lower then non-Hispanic whites.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SEATTLE, April 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Mortgage applications are denied at the lowest rate in the past 20 years, yet a stark divide remains between potential homebuyers of different racial groups.

Nationally, the share of applicants who are denied for conventional mortgages has fallen to 9.8 percent, according to data from the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), down from 18.1 percent in 2007.

Even though a smaller share of loan applicants overall are denied, white or Asian borrowers are more likely to be approved for a mortgage than black or Hispanic borrowers. In 2016, 8.1 percent of white applicants were denied for a conventional loan, as were 10.4 percent of Asian applicants. By comparison, 20.9 percent of black borrowers and 15.5 percent of Hispanic borrowers were turned down for a loan.

For all groups, denial rates are down sharply from 2007. In 2007, 34.3 percent of black applicants and 30 percent of Hispanic applicants were denied for mortgages. White and Asian borrowers were denied 12.7 percent and 16.2 percent of the time, respectively.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

Pretty hard to claim that racist banks don't loan to minorities when Asians have higher mortgage acceptance rates than whites.
    This is not true. We had this discussion back on the old shed. Asians are accepted at higher rates then Blacks and Hispanics but still lower then non-Hispanic whites.
    It depends on if you're grouping Pacific Islanders into the the group of Asians.

You can find numbers that support both.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

Btw, if you compare income and credit scores is there any evidence that banks grant mortgages to white people who have lower income and credit scores than blacks or Asians with higher income and credit scores?
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/real-estate/ct-re-0527-kenneth-harney-20180521-story.html

You are quoting 2007 data. Look at the 2016 data in that article. Here's 2017 data

Overall, 18.4 percent of black applicants were rejected last year, along with 13.5 percent of Hispanics and 10.6 percent of Asians. Only 8.8 percent of non-Hispanic whites were rejected.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Okay, so white racist keep Asians from having a higher mortgage acceptance rate than whites, but when Asians are granted a mortgage they pay a lower interest rate.

Fucking whitey.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/real-estate/ct-re-0527-kenneth-harney-20180521-story.html

You are quoting 2007 data. Look at the 2016 data in that article. Here's 2017 data

Overall, 18.4 percent of black applicants were rejected last year, along with 13.5 percent of Hispanics and 10.6 percent of Asians. Only 8.8 percent of non-Hispanic whites were rejected.

It was a 4 point difference in 2007 and 2 points in 2016

As usual things are getting worse than ever
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

GDS said:

Well we do have a white supremacist who is like Hitler for a President.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Hitler served.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Hitler served.
    Well you need to take that up with your fellow "Conservatives" O'Keefed, I'm not the one who likes to compare Trump to Hitler, that's your team.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

How come nobody ever links First Nation numbers? Racist fucks.

Teepees have mortgages?
    I really should have included you with an @ in my recent watch thread. I always forget you are both a watch and racially based joke nerd. I respect both.
    Those watch threads should be pinned. For real. Very cool, and very informative.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

Teepees have mortgages?
    I really should have included you with an @ in my recent watch thread. I always forget you are both a watch and racially based joke nerd. I respect both.
    Those watch threads should be pinned. For real. Very cool, and very informative.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

Teepees have mortgages?

Is that from that shitty Ashton Kutcher movie where he's the best friend and then they somehow fall in love

Aka every friend zoned nerd like hondos fantasy

Sad