Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson, 2020 5* WR, Calabasas, CA (Offered 7/14/17)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

lawsandl said:

Wilson ran a laser sub 4.6 at 6’6” 220 and he catches the ball well. At minimum he’s a high floor player.

As far as Pittman, he has clamps for hands, runs good routes and is tough to tackles after the catch. Kid is a total alpha.

He’s on reality TV with whiny OC white girls.

He might be a great WR. He’s no fucking alpha.
    @NorwegianHusky true?

S/O to our prison yard alpha dawg woof woof @RaceBannon
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FirePete said:

If he commits,

FirePete said:

RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

Okay, all this bullshit caused me to go watch his film. Think we can split the difference here. I like him but I don’t love him. Certainly can help a team, but for us, might rather have Roman Wilson than Johnny Wilson. We’ve got the big guys that aren’t real sudden. I’d prefer the speed.

Lol. S/O to the Oprea Singer Mr.4.3!

Because a 6”6 guys running a 4.59 as a junior is definitely not fast enough.
    Fast enough for what?

Difference is that Baccellia is maybe 5-10, 170, while Roman Wilson is probably going to play at exactly the size Dante Pettis was, 6-1, 185. With the same kind of quick breaks as Dante. You don't want another Dante Pettis?

Back to my original question. Fast enough for what? Because we're not measuring total overall athleticism. I would agree with you that a 220-lb. athlete running 4.59 might be more impressive than a 170-lb. guy running 4.45. But at the end of the day the 4.59 guy is still not outrunning any CBs. And honestly doesn't really leverage much threat of the go route. So he's a jump ball guy. I'd generally rather have the guy that gets open.

Last 10 years I checked guys 6-2+, 215+, 4.55 or slower. Basically three guys with any success (NFL): Allen Robinson (great), Devin Funchess (decent), Kelvin Benjamin (fine for one year, then bad).
    This is college. Who the hell cares if it doesn’t translate to the nfl. He could be the next hakim butler. Plenty of big wrs do well in college. They are rare so it’s not a big sample size. Get Wilson and let him beast on small defensive backs. I hate this bored.
    I agree with you, but the point of message boards is opinions. Crunching numbers and comparing players to the NFL is FS. Some poster had some bulls hit about players running faster than 4.55 and being 215 plus. Mike Williams from Clemson was 218 and ran a 4.54. It’s selective bullshit. Clemson would have never beat Alabama in 2016 without him.

I actually agree with Ballz and think Wilson won’t ever do shit. The coaches agree and I don’t think they actually want him. They have moved on and found dudes that are better. He was the 3rd best WR on his high school team. Granted, the two dudes above him are/were 4 star recruits, but he’s not going to get drastically better. We’ll find out in a few years. We can crunch numbers and compare him to past players but that really has nothing to do with anything. He’s not that good.
    Cool. We?ll gladly take Wilson off yore hands the same way we did Delgado and Pittman.
    Delgado should be good, still don’t understand why we didn’t accept his commitment. Pittman is going to be a bust
    Either Delgado and Pittman will be fine, or they won't. That's why you recruit Jaylon Redd and Isaah Crocker in front of them. And that's why you recruit Kris Hutson and Seven McGee behind them, and take Gary Bryant's commitment if he gives it you.

Saying yore Cristobal is 100% accurate about how an 18-year-old is going to turn out is the sign of a Bothell edumacation.
    Bellevue community college edumacation
    Bellevue CC students are at least making an effort to avoid Bothell.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

Wilson ran a laser sub 4.6 at 6’6” 220 and he catches the ball well. At minimum he’s a high floor player.

As far as Pittman, he has clamps for hands, runs good routes and is tough to tackles after the catch. Kid is a total alpha.

Lol, couldn’t make it through that video.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

definitely, a tough watch. Makes me realize how fucking old i am getting.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FirePete said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

definitely, a tough watch. Makes me realize how fucking old i am getting.
    Although I made it less than two minutes into the movie Clueless when I was a teenager. Bad movies are always bad.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

Nothing says alpha like being introduced as the "swaggy kid with a hover board."

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/video/swaggy-kid-hoverboard-thats-mycah-pittman
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All jokes aside, why do we not have any good looking journalists that do pieces like this? Doogman guys don’t count.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,953
    Founders Club
    Bri Amaranthus. Great god almighty. Take me home tonight plz.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bri Amaranthus. Great god almighty. Take me home tonight plz.

Take her out of the equation and I haven’t even seen any udub interviews with graphic packages like that... what you say @BroadcastingDawg
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ektard:

"yesterday, someone asked about UW and Johnny Wilson and I said that UW had pulled back and weren't recruiting him and he wasn't that interested either. Apparently that isn't really the case at all..."

Biggins:

In addition to Texas, Oregon remains heavily in the mix with UCLA and Washington rounding out his top four. Wilson said Ohio State, who was previously in his final five, is no longer involved.

“I’ll be going to Oregon in late July for their Saturday Night Live Event,” Wilson said. “I talk with that staff all the time and coach Bouknight and coach Arroyo hit me up every day. I hear from Micah (Pittman) all the time as well and I feel really good about my role and how I would fit in there.

“Coach Arroyo coached Mike Evans with the Buccaneers and that’s a receiver who I’ve been compared to and they want to use me in a similar way. Right now, Oregon and Texas are definitely the two schools I’m talking with the most but I still have interest in UCLA and Washington too and I want to try and visit all four schools during the season.”

Jimmy Dougherty at UCLA and Junior Adams at Washington are the main recruiters for Wilson.

“I haven’t been up to UCLA in awhile,” Wilson said. “I like coach Jimmy and I’ve heard from Ethan Young too but the communication has died off a little since earlier in the year. Like I said though, I still have interest in their program and plan to catch a couple of games this season and take a visit.

I talk with Junior Adams and coach Petersen. Coach Adams talks a lot about the mental part of the game and said he wants me to play with a little more edge and wants to get that dog in me and I know I can do that, I have that in me. So hopefully I’ll be able to visit there officially during the season as well.

Edit: Biggins later clarifies that it's still likely over, but that it's not because UW dropped him. Seems like Wilson dropped UW. So fuck off everyone who said he wasn't good enough and that UW dropped him.

"Communication has broken off a bit with Wilson but not to the fault of Washington. The coaches have tried to reach out but Wilson hasn't been reciprocating as much, same thing with UCLA. The main schools he's talking with are Texas and Oregon right now and they have a pretty solid lead."

Some kids just want to be recruited.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019

Ektard:

"yesterday, someone asked about UW and Johnny Wilson and I said that UW had pulled back and weren't recruiting him and he wasn't that interested either. Apparently that isn't really the case at all..."

Biggins:

In addition to Texas, Oregon remains heavily in the mix with UCLA and Washington rounding out his top four. Wilson said Ohio State, who was previously in his final five, is no longer involved.

“I’ll be going to Oregon in late July for their Saturday Night Live Event,” Wilson said. “I talk with that staff all the time and coach Bouknight and coach Arroyo hit me up every day. I hear from Micah (Pittman) all the time as well and I feel really good about my role and how I would fit in there.

“Coach Arroyo coached Mike Evans with the Buccaneers and that’s a receiver who I’ve been compared to and they want to use me in a similar way. Right now, Oregon and Texas are definitely the two schools I’m talking with the most but I still have interest in UCLA and Washington too and I want to try and visit all four schools during the season.”

Jimmy Dougherty at UCLA and Junior Adams at Washington are the main recruiters for Wilson.

“I haven’t been up to UCLA in awhile,” Wilson said. “I like coach Jimmy and I’ve heard from Ethan Young too but the communication has died off a little since earlier in the year. Like I said though, I still have interest in their program and plan to catch a couple of games this season and take a visit.

I talk with Junior Adams and coach Petersen. Coach Adams talks a lot about the mental part of the game and said he wants me to play with a little more edge and wants to get that dog in me and I know I can do that, I have that in me. So hopefully I’ll be able to visit there officially during the season as well.

Edit: Biggins later clarifies that it's still likely over, but that it's not because UW dropped him. Seems like Wilson dropped UW. So fuck off everyone who said he wasn't good enough and that UW dropped him.

"Communication has broken off a bit with Wilson but not to the fault of Washington. The coaches have tried to reach out but Wilson hasn't been reciprocating as much, same thing with UCLA. The main schools he's talking with are Texas and Oregon right now and they have a pretty solid lead."

Lol it sounds exactly like UW cooled on him. He hears way more from Oregon and Texas than UW. Junior Adams basically told him he's too soft and needs to play more aggressive and physical this season to have a committable offer from UW. Exactly what I've been telling you doogs for months. With the guys we're in on, it's basically over and UW will pass for better options.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The coaches are telling us they didn't drop him? Which coaches?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited July 2019
    Ruth has been saying Wilson to Oregon for a while
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    dhdawg said:

Can't let that happen. You just can't do it. That's really all there is to it.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Ektard:

Biggins:

Lol it sounds exactly like UW cooled on him. He hears way more from Oregon and Texas than UW. Junior Adams basically told him he's too soft and needs to play more aggressive and physical this season to have a committable offer from UW. Exactly what I've been telling you doogs for months. With the guys we're in on, it's basically over and UW will pass for better options.

That whole story was basically a story of how Johnny Wilson dropped us and you’re convincing yourself we dropped him. That must be a sick head space you live in where you think that UDUB is dropping 6’6 5 star WRs while also begging Logan Loya to come here.

It’s fine if you wanna say he’s soft or not a fit, but the coaches are telling you they didn’t drop him. When you speak on their behalf it waters down every other person who actually gets info from them. Yes, a world exists still where top talent is not being sold well enough on how badass we are. If you can’t clearly see that with how poorly this Adidas launch has been then WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU CALLING A DOOG?

(Also: “Arroyo coaches Mike Evans” so did Skyler Fulton so Adams better close Rome, Troy Franklin, & Emeka)
    Uh no, I'm not speaking for the coaches. It's right there in the story. He's not physical or aggressive enough for UW. Junior Adams told him that. It's a nice way of saying he's soft. Greg Biggins tried to spin it as if Wilson was a top UW target and dropped them. That's not the case. UW has had him on the back burner for like six months now. They've been keeping him warm just in case they need him to fall back on but not recruiting him nearly as hard as the actual top targets which is also right there in the story plain as day for you to see. He's been a plan B or C guy for us this whole time. If he realized he wasn't a top priority for them and subsequently "dropped" them then that's fine. He needs to be more physical and won't have a committable offer from UW until he shows that his Senior season. I was on the fucking money about this kid from day one while going against the entire board and I've been proven right yet again. Don't be salty now. Give credit where credit is due.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dhdawg said:

And I agree. I don't see Texas taking him when it gets down to the nitty gritty and we certainly have our guys that we want a lot more and already have the #1 WR out West and #1 WR on our board committed. I would be happy to see him go to Oregon.