Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Our current commits - also Racanelli thots

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Look, Ive been consistent

UW got it's best recruiting class ever last year.

You would never know that by the takes on this board.

I agree... with last year.

Aren’t we in a what have you done for me lately society? The suck until they don’t?

Maybe that’s just how I think because I’ve spent the last 15+ yrs in sales management.

I’m not pleased thus far and I think there’s evidence to back up this years current state of recruitment. Missing on a kid that shoulda been a slam dunk, we’ve missed making top 25’s for kids who should be highly interested, and kids that once were intrigued are no longer. My distaste is not race related rather strategy related and whom the strategy appeals to and how we are too stubborn to alter the strategy to appeal to the kids who will get us to the next level, the elite level.

LIPO, sure but with a frown on my face and distain in my tone.

And I’m done on this.
    The thing that stuck out to me in this post are the words "elite level". I think by far the most interesting discussion on this board is does UW reallly want to be elite level? I'm far from convinced that upper leadership wants a football program to compete with Clemson and Alabama. The president doesn't strike me as a football fan. I question Jen's committment to big time scheduling. I question the athletic department's competency and willingness to effectively promote the team to the fanbase. I question whether the fanbase has the inborn love for football that championship fanbases have. I'm very doubtful that Pete wants to recruit the type of athlete that gets you to elite level as evidenced by his overall philosophy and retention of some pretty weak recruiters on staff. I honestly think everyone involved in the program is happy to win 10 games a year and compete for PAC 12 crowns.

I definitely think the program can improve in a few respects, but I really disagree with your last sentence. Pete is too damn competitive to just resign himself to being the tallest midget on the west coast. Pete took a team that wasnt even in the top 25 talent wise to the fucking playoff, and one unit was easily championship caliber (defense)

Recruiting is trending way, way up since then. We need to LIPO a bit more. I personally think at the current trajectory UW will win a national title in the next 10 years.
    Have you looked at Clemson's latest recruiting class? We are not even in the same universe to compete with that kind of haul. Just imagine them leveling up from that for the next two or 3 classes. I see absolutely nothing on the horizon that attracts that level of talent to UW. Just being realistic. If you see something about our program that compares to that level of committment that Clemson has I'm willing to be educated.
    We gotta win a NC or at the very least a playoff game to join that recruiting universe. This has been rehashed, continually, perpetually, ad nauseam, over and over again, but Clemson was right where we are now, recruiting-wise, until they won a playoff game (and then next year a NC). UW does not have enough built-in advantages (location, tradition, etc) to recruit at that level right now and we don't give out bags or pander to elite recruits. Whether you like that or not, that's just how it is. Winning is the only thing that will push UW to that next level of recruiting. We have to have that breakthrough win and then the recruiting dominoes will fall. It could very well happen this year. Put me down for UW 31 - Alabama 2.

This is boring doog narrative bullshit. Winning isn't the only thing. What the fuck has Oregon won lately? Oh right, the prestigious red box bowl.

How about improving the messaging, branding, and marketing? #swooshlife #wareagle

How about not inviting elite recruits for games against North Dakota?

How about dumping coaches that don't even bother contacting elite recruits in the first place?

How about leveraging local talent by developing relationships early so that even if you haven't officially offered, the recruits talk about the coaching staff as involved and connected to all the local power programs?

How about not wasting resources trying to recruit diamonds in the rough out of Texas and just owning the shit out of California and the West coast first?

How about simplyfying an overly complex offense, loosening the fuck up as a program, having some fun, and not choking away a meaningful & winnable game because everything is based around the fear of fucking up?

No shit winning helps recruiting, so do a lot of other things that we have improved and can continue to improve.

GTFO and go push this shit back at Doogman or go circle jerk with J over "recruiting doesn't matter".

You clearly have it all figured out and know what's going on behind the scenes. Why are you wasting your incredible talent here? Go write a letter.
    LEAVE! You artifact of the Ty era.

Do the cocksuckers over at doogman a favor and drink bleach while you are at it.
    My gawd you're pathetic.
    You are nothing moar than a cowardly pussy.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Aren’t we in a what have you done for me lately society? The suck until they don’t?

Maybe that’s just how I think because I’ve spent the last 15+ yrs in sales management.

I’m not pleased thus far and I think there’s evidence to back up this years current state of recruitment. Missing on a kid that shoulda been a slam dunk, we’ve missed making top 25’s for kids who should be highly interested, and kids that once were intrigued are no longer. My distaste is not race related rather strategy related and whom the strategy appeals to and how we are too stubborn to alter the strategy to appeal to the kids who will get us to the next level, the elite level.

And I’m done on this.
    The thing that stuck out to me in this post are the words "elite level". I think by far the most interesting discussion on this board is does UW reallly want to be elite level? I'm far from convinced that upper leadership wants a football program to compete with Clemson and Alabama. The president doesn't strike me as a football fan. I question Jen's committment to big time scheduling. I question the athletic department's competency and willingness to effectively promote the team to the fanbase. I question whether the fanbase has the inborn love for football that championship fanbases have. I'm very doubtful that Pete wants to recruit the type of athlete that gets you to elite level as evidenced by his overall philosophy and retention of some pretty weak recruiters on staff. I honestly think everyone involved in the program is happy to win 10 games a year and compete for PAC 12 crowns.

I definitely think the program can improve in a few respects, but I really disagree with your last sentence. Pete is too damn competitive to just resign himself to being the tallest midget on the west coast. Pete took a team that wasnt even in the top 25 talent wise to the fucking playoff, and one unit was easily championship caliber (defense)

Recruiting is trending way, way up since then. We need to LIPO a bit more. I personally think at the current trajectory UW will win a national title in the next 10 years.
    Have you looked at Clemson's latest recruiting class? We are not even in the same universe to compete with that kind of haul. Just imagine them leveling up from that for the next two or 3 classes. I see absolutely nothing on the horizon that attracts that level of talent to UW. Just being realistic. If you see something about our program that compares to that level of committment that Clemson has I'm willing to be educated.
    We gotta win a NC or at the very least a playoff game to join that recruiting universe. This has been rehashed, continually, perpetually, ad nauseam, over and over again, but Clemson was right where we are now, recruiting-wise, until they won a playoff game (and then next year a NC). UW does not have enough built-in advantages (location, tradition, etc) to recruit at that level right now and we don't give out bags or pander to elite recruits. Whether you like that or not, that's just how it is. Winning is the only thing that will push UW to that next level of recruiting. We have to have that breakthrough win and then the recruiting dominoes will fall. It could very well happen this year. Put me down for UW 31 - Alabama 2.

This is boring doog narrative bullshit. Winning isn't the only thing. What the fuck has Oregon won lately? Oh right, the prestigious red box bowl.

How about improving the messaging, branding, and marketing? #swooshlife #wareagle

How about dumping coaches that don't even bother contacting elite recruits in the first place?

How about leveraging local talent by developing relationships early so that even if you haven't officially offered, the recruits talk about the coaching staff as involved and connected to all the local power programs?

How about not wasting resources trying to recruit diamonds in the rough out of Texas and just owning the shit out of California and the West coast first?

How about simplyfying an overly complex offense, loosening the fuck up as a program, having some fun, and not choking away a meaningful & winnable game because everything is based around the fear of fucking up?

No shit winning helps recruiting, so do a lot of other things that we have improved and can continue to improve.

GTFO and go push this shit back at Doogman or go circle jerk with J over "recruiting doesn't matter".

You clearly have it all figured out and know what's going on behind the scenes. Why are you wasting your incredible talent here? Go write a letter.

Do the cocksuckers over at doogman a favor and drink bleach while you are at it.
    My gawd you're pathetic.
    You are nothing moar than a cowardly pussy.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The hardest jumps to make are the last jumps

Our recent uptick in recruiting has come just recently ..

The first classes for Pete laid the foundation for stepping up to that elite level ...

These recent and next classes lay the foundation for staying at that level and taking it up ...

The next jump for this program is having a roster full of people that have the kind of confidence and belief in them to beat those top teams ...

I hear people talk about swag a lot ... there's also a lot of undertones in those comments about what swag is ...

Swag is knowing that you're the best and taking it to the people that compete against you ...

Swag doesn't mean that you are the best ...

Swag just means that you're going to be relentless, that you are never going to stop, and that when the chips are all on the table, you're going to do everything possible to come out on top.

Way too many missing the mark right now ...

Things are not perfect and can always get better ... but that doesn't mean that you blow up the successes ... that's what your competitors want you to do.
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

Im not arguing UW is even half as committed as Clemson or Bama. I still think Petersen is the 3rd best coach in the country, and the more opportunities he gets the more likely a breakthrough happens.

A roster with Huard and everyone else a 4 star or legit 3 star (like Sawyer) is scary. If Huard lives up to the hype, maybe UW gets a good playoff draw and who knows?
    Know what takes it from needing a good playoff draw and who knows to getting into the playoff with a legitimate chance to win the whole fucking thing?

Elite talent, especially elite talent that goes to high school in your motherfucking backyard.

No one is saying the last couple of classes weren't good enough.

What people are saying is that the current class forecast looks like a downgrade from those classes.

That's while having enough in state talent to take the class to the next level of "elite".

Yet we are getting snubbed while being the only relevant program west of the Mississippi.

I view what is happening on the West Coast as much of an indictment on the PAC 12 as it is on the UW

We don't know what this class is going to look at yet ... so it's way too early to say whether it's going to look good/bad, etc.

Everything at this point just comes off to me as massively premature
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

What people are saying is that the current class forecast looks like a downgrade from those classes.

That's while having enough in state talent to take the class to the next level of "elite".

Yet we are getting snubbed while being the only relevant program west of the Mississippi.

I view what is happening on the West Coast as much of an indictment on the PAC 12 as it is on the UW

We don't know what this class is going to look at yet ... so it's way too early to say whether it's going to look good/bad, etc.

Everything at this point just comes off to me as massively premature
    Sure, it's May, not going to even argue that. LIPO on the recruiting class.

But which of my criticisms did you think is premature? Simplifying the offense? Fixing the branding? Fixing relationships with local programs?

These are all things we've all been harping on for at least a year or more. The only person who thinks this is new sky is falling talk is the transplant from doogman that doesn't understand the DDY phases of the moon.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Thank you for once again giving meaning to the term "it's awfully warm for February."

Fucking Christ this place has amnesia.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thank you for once again giving meaning to the term "it's awfully warm for February."

Fucking Christ this place has amnesia.
    Pretty sure I just said LIPO for this recruiting class. I'm not in the sky is falling camp as much as people would like to paint it that way to be able to dismiss it off hand.

That has nothing to do with the number of ways I pointed out that the program can improve or having to listen to dogshit about we just need to be happy because UW has natural limitations so we need to adjust our expectations downward.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I think I need to go re-evaluate what I'm doing if I have the younger generation prone to overreaction taking shots at me ...

How will I ever be able to deal with that?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

I think I need to go re-evaluate what I'm doing if I have the younger generation prone to overreaction taking shots at me ...

Fuck off
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Tequilla said:

Ok Bret Stephens
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The OKG race horse shit is the worst thing this board every produced. And the bar is low.

What are his odds in the Belmont?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    BlastDoor said:

you all suck

New bored motto?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

My gawd you're pathetic.
    Nope. It is your hawt takes and your biggest little city that are pathetic.