Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chris Steele

12345679»

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

For those of you who don't want to read through this entire infectious disease riddled thread, I've gone ahead and compiled the cliff notes version of the Ballz script:

-Everyone UW recruited last year is superior to whomever Oregon signed. Because those Oregon guys were all prima donnas and not OKGs. They're gonna fail when they play together because they're all me-first players and not OKGs. Also they were paid for. Obviously.

-Petersen needs to stop recruiting OKGs because it's May and we only have 3 commitments. We need to start recruiting more Oregon-type players. Fast strategy players, you know, like the ones Oregon recruits. But theirs suck. But we still need to recruit like them. When we do it we'll be successful. When they do it they won't. Duh.

-That nationally coveted 5-star that Oregon signed and every blue blood was drooling over to try to sign? Yeah he's insanely overrated. We didn't even want him because he has a bad attitude. But we also need to start recruiting like Oregon more. But Thibodeux sucks. And he was paid for. And he's also only a good pass rusher. That's an overrated trait in today's game.

-This is Cristobal's third year, so if he doesn't win now he sucks. What? I miscounted and it's only his second year? Fuck you bitch, I'm not going to admit that completely inconsequential mistake that no one cares about. Obviously I meant that this is his third year because he was the OL coach in 2017 and everyone knows that when you hire a head coach internally the clock starts one year early. Fucking figure it out I was two steps ahead of you this entire time. Bitch.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,702
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

For those of you who don't want to read through this entire infectious disease riddled thread, I've gone ahead and compiled the cliff notes version of the Ballz script:

-Everyone UW recruited last year is superior to whomever Oregon signed. Because those Oregon guys were all prima donnas and not OKGs. They're gonna fail when they play together because they're all me-first players and not OKGs. Also they were paid for. Obviously.

-Petersen needs to stop recruiting OKGs because it's May and we only have 3 commitments. We need to start recruiting more Oregon-type players. Fast strategy players, you know, like the ones Oregon recruits. But theirs suck. But we still need to recruit like them. When we do it we'll be successful. When they do it they won't. Duh.

-That nationally coveted 5-star that Oregon signed and every blue blood was drooling over to try to sign? Yeah he's insanely overrated. We didn't even want him because he has a bad attitude. But we also need to start recruiting like Oregon more. But Thibodeux sucks. And he was paid for. And he's also only a good pass rusher. That's an overrated trait in today's game.

-This is Cristobal's third year, so if he doesn't win now he sucks. What? I miscounted and it's only his second year? Fuck you bitch, I'm not going to admit that completely inconsequential mistake that no one cares about. Obviously I meant that this is his third year because he was the OL coach in 2017 and everyone knows that when you hire a head coach internally the clock starts one year early. Fucking figure it out I was two steps ahead of you this entire time. Bitch.

POTM candidate
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

@lawsandl He's on your team. You're going to defend him until he does something that makes Oregon look bad or transfers or turns out to suck. The hot girl is a diva bitch but at least she's hot right?

I want some extroverted and sanguine players that will jaw a bit. Especially ones that are good and stay out of trouble. Steele and Thibodeaux will be welcomed by me in that regard.
    Nothing wrong with that. The problems come when they turn on each other and point fingers after losses. Something Oregon has had a problem with since Helfrich.
    No Oregon hasn’t. That happened under Helfrich. Do you make it up as you go along?
    And continued after Helfrich.
    I am sure of that happened after the Burmeister debacle with Taggart. There wasn’t anything like that last year. Nothing that I heard of and I catch wind of the internet rumor mill.
    Cool. Good luck with that. I'm sure it will all work out fine with a bunch of diva boys on the team who were promised national titles and end up 7-5 every year. That'll be fine. Team chemistry will be fine. No worries.
    What’s the alternative? Hey, let’s not recruit the best players because they mighty get disappointed if we lose.

That sounds like loser talk.
    Recruit OKGs. Elite players who will stick together through adversity and don't tank after tough losses. The kind of players who go on to win the conference title after a devastating overtime loss to their biggest and most hated rival. Those kinds of players.
    It took until the third season for Chris to change the culture. Cristobal is on record saying he needs three classes.

I think Oregon can compete next year but that winning culture takes time. Cristobal needed to make them disciplined last year. This year they need to learn to be consistent. It took time for the culture to erode under Helfrich and there is still work to do.

Teams take on the character of their coaches. The OKG thing is Peterson’s blueprint. Cristobal is a tireless and relentless competitor that’s passionate. The OKG thing is not him.
    Except that coaches say that shit at every new school, when only a few actually make due on that promise.

Cristo was terribad on the road. Like getting blown the fuck out by Arizona bad. 2014 Washington went on the road against a loaded South champ Zona and lost on a last second fumble and was otherwise beating their asses in.

2015 Washington was beating the shit out of ASU and collapsed under pressure in the 2nd half.

There were signs they could eventually put it together.

Quooks want it all to look the same and it isn't. 1 half against Stanford at home, 1 OT against UW at home, is literally all you have to go on at this point.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

@lawsandl He's on your team. You're going to defend him until he does something that makes Oregon look bad or transfers or turns out to suck. The hot girl is a diva bitch but at least she's hot right?

I want some extroverted and sanguine players that will jaw a bit. Especially ones that are good and stay out of trouble. Steele and Thibodeaux will be welcomed by me in that regard.
    Nothing wrong with that. The problems come when they turn on each other and point fingers after losses. Something Oregon has had a problem with since Helfrich.
    No Oregon hasn’t. That happened under Helfrich. Do you make it up as you go along?
    I am sure of that happened after the Burmeister debacle with Taggart. There wasn’t anything like that last year. Nothing that I heard of and I catch wind of the internet rumor mill.
    Cool. Good luck with that. I'm sure it will all work out fine with a bunch of diva boys on the team who were promised national titles and end up 7-5 every year. That'll be fine. Team chemistry will be fine. No worries.
    What’s the alternative? Hey, let’s not recruit the best players because they mighty get disappointed if we lose.

Recruit OKGs. Elite players who will stick together through adversity and don't tank after tough losses. The kind of players who go on to win the conference title after a devastating overtime loss to their biggest and most hated rival. Those kinds of players.
    It took until the third season for Chris to change the culture. Cristobal is on record saying he needs three classes.

I think Oregon can compete next year but that winning culture takes time. Cristobal needed to make them disciplined last year. This year they need to learn to be consistent. It took time for the culture to erode under Helfrich and there is still work to do.

Teams take on the character of their coaches. The OKG thing is Peterson’s blueprint. Cristobal is a tireless and relentless competitor that’s passionate. The OKG thing is not him.
    Except that coaches say that shit at every new school, when only a few actually make due on that promise.

Cristo was terribad on the road. Like getting blown the fuck out by Arizona bad. 2014 Washington went on the road against a loaded South champ Zona and lost on a last second fumble and was otherwise beating their asses in.

2015 Washington was beating the shit out of ASU and collapsed under pressure in the 2nd half.

Quooks want it all to look the same and it isn't. 1 half against Stanford at home, 1 OT against UW at home, is literally all you have to go on at this point.
    Make it stop! I have another lesion.

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Lol except I don't want UW recruiting more like Oregon. I've always been fine with the OKG thing because it fucking works. We were doing what Oregon is doing now under Sark and it got us mediocrity, player scandals, and unwanted roster attrition. Petersen's recruits work their asses off, they're disciplined on and off the field, they are more likely to stick it out and grind instead of transferring when they don't play early in their careers, they never quit, they never get blown out by anybody, they don't start bitching at each other and pointing fingers when they lose, they have each others backs, it's a real brotherhood, and they bounce back after tough losses. I appreciate that.

I simply wish they would combine the OKG/Built for Life philosophy with more public displays of fun and excitement for their recruiting efforts. It's supposed to be fun. Our players have fun and don't want to leave when their time is up. But the marketing doesn't show that. They don't give the recruits a deep inside look into the program through their media. Recruits look at our program and wonder "do they have fun?" and "am I going to enjoy my time there?" because they don't fucking know because Petersen hides his personality and is so anti-hype that it makes UW look boring.

It's like kids are thinking "do I want to have fun in college and go to (UCLA, USC, Oregon, ASU, national school) OR "do I want to get the best coaching and development and quality academics at UW." That shouldn't be the thought process for some of these kids but there's no doubt in my mind that it is. UW should be perceived as not only a great coaching, development, and academic opportunity, but also a FUN place to be. They don't market enough fun. Do I want them acting like clowns like Oregon's staff? Fuck no, they are adults and parents appreciate that their son is going to be taken care of by adults and not frat boys. But they could still show more personality and Petersen could allow more inside access to the program for the media/marketing department to work with.

These YouTube/Twitter vlogs that the big-time programs are putting out are doing recruiting for them. Recruits watching them is like that school getting extra unofficial visits from those recruits. They get to see the daily lives of the players and football department. They get to see the culture of the program. They get to see the personalities of the coaches. And most importantly, they get to see the players having FUN! We don't do that shit. Closest thing we had was the Pursuit and they dropped it for no goddamn reason and it was only during the season instead of year round. Now all we get are some 30 second, ridiculously choppy, clips of the players working out. They're fucking terrible. Apparently all our players do here is work. They don't have fun. Other schools are fun. UW is a job. That's what I would think if I was a recruit. OKG's like fun and excitement too.

Like seriously, we won the fucking conference title last season and the only view inside the locker room for the post-game celebration that we saw was from the fucking players taking video of it on their phones. That shit should have been filmed by our media department and a part of a weekly vlog or hype video. It's so fucking obvious that you don't let moments like that go completely unnoticed by most recruits you idiots! That's what the fuck they want to see and experience in college! Fucking show it to them! Get with the fucking times.
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That's all they choose to remember.
  • BabushkaBabushka Member Posts: 211
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Oregon is loading up on talented dbs that went to like 4 different high schools. They are very talented but Donte Williams does not scare me as a db coach.

Wouldn't say they're loading up yet. Graham and Lenoir have both been disappointments so far and both were high 4-star recruits. Either they were overrated to begin with or they have shit coaching or both.
    Very disappointing. They just played their sophomore year, and neither is Richard Sherman or prime Charles Woodson. Instead this is what we got from them last year:

Graham: 57 tackles, 3 INT, 18 PD
    Lenoir: 52 tackles, 3 INT, 9 PD

I expected more than 120 tackles and 6 INTs from Graham by now. He's knocked down more passes than anyone in two years of Pac-12 play, but that just means he's not intercepting them and getting thrown at a lot. On the list of the top-100 draft eligible prospects Thomas Graham is barely above scrub recruits like Najee Harris and Jeffrey Okudah.

But I'll take your word over my eyes and expert opinions, because you do have a great track record with predicting what will happen to Oregon CBs.

I watched Graham get his ass whooped against San Jose State, WSU, and Arizona. He also gave up a 50 yard bomb to Ty Jones against UW. You must have not been watching the games when that happened. How many of those pass break ups were against Oregon's cupcake nonconference schedule? How was Graham rated by PFF compared to Byron Murphy? Why wasn't he voted to an All-Conference team by the conference's coach's. Hmmmm? Graham is fine defending the short stuff but can be beat deep pretty easily. I'll take my eyes and the expert opinions of the conference's coaches over your likely skewed and misleading stats.

Dude, I'm on 247 reading other teams boards for info all the time. Last season your fan base was bitching about how disappointing your secondary was against WSU and Arizona and other games as well. Now you want to try to defend them when your own fan base put them on blast.

Oh, and Mykael Wright was a non-qualifier out of high school. He would have had to go JUCO if a school like Oregon didn't game the system for him and allow him to enroll at Oregon while simultaneously taking community college classes to become eligible. Just another way Oregon is bending, if not breaking the rules to get who they want.
    You are so fucking dumb. I'm even dumber because I try to explain things to you.

Your asshole got puckered up too quick, you didn't even get the poont of my reply. I never said they were good, I was showing you that they are far from disappointing. What the fuck do you expect from them by now? They've both already far surpassed the career of an average 4-star CB. Conference coaches didn't pick Graham for an all Pac-12 team, but the AP did. The conference coaches are really on top of things, that's why milk carton Jalen Jelks was first team all Pac-12 and the had a much better season Justin Hollins was honorable mention.

Likely skewed and misleading stats? You mean like you saying the stats were padded by non-con cupcakes, when all six of Graham's and Lenoir's interceptions came in conference play. 22/27 of the PDs came in conference play. Just so you know every time a secondary performs poorly it's solely on the two CBs, not because the team has to bring more guys in the box to stop the run or over blitzes. Dude, you don't have to lie about watching that much Oregon football - I promise you my opinion of you won't diminish if you don't watch.

And I'm glad to hear Oregon eased the academic requirements from the time you wrote that in September to the time Wright enrolled in January. WRIGHT GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL EARLY YOU HUMAN PINECONE. Have you ever heard of an early graduate not getting into school? Oregon and Washington both use the NCAA clearinghouse minimum, I've shown you the stats before on GPA and SATs for special exemption entrants (ie athletes) and Oregon's football team had average higher SAT and GPAs for special exemptions. There's no way you could get into an NCAA football program if you don't meet the clearinghouse minimum, which means any school can take you. And if you think there's no players on your team that had to have an athletic department exemption I have some really bad news for you.

Chinned for the graphic of @BallzDeep giving @Babushka the AIDS

That’s all we choose to remember? You just argued with me that the time is now for Oregon. I said Oregon could be 9-3 this upcoming season and be miles ahead.

You choose to not listen.
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ballz give up UW is STANFORD NORTH we're are racist, elitist fucks so embrace it
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    lawsandl said:

That’s all we choose to remember? You just argued with me that the time is now for Oregon. I said Oregon could be 9-3 this upcoming season and be miles ahead.

"Could be 9-3"?!?!?

I miss OREGON dammit! FUCK!

lawsandl said:

9-3 are pretty low expectations for a veteran team with two highly rated recruiting classes and a 1st round NFL QB. What's wrong? Not sold on Cristobal?
    I think the culture eroded more under Helfrich and Pete had a better starting point at UW. Also, Cristobal has more to prove than Pete. So, yes, I am not sold yet.

There is also reason to believe he can be a great coach.

1) he took arguably the worse program in the FBS and made them a conference winner.
    2) winning eventually comes down to the talent.
    3) there are signs of a culture shift (i.e., weight training participation, reduction in penalties, we saw the team win the last three after losing 3 of 4).

The bowl game was an abortion for the casual fan but showed me the team is becoming resilient. Also, closing out ASU while struggling at the end was a sign to me of mental toughness. That was a game they lose a year before.

My biggest concern is Arroyo. He’s never coordinated a good offense. If the offense has fits and starts again, Cristobal needs to let him go. That being said, I love the progression of Shough that I am seeing. Insiders that have proven to be realist believe in Arroyo. I also saw a very crisp spring game. Will that translate well on Saturday’s, we’ll see.

This is what you call a tempered approach.

edited May 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

9-3 are pretty low expectations for a veteran team with two highly rated recruiting classes and a 1st round NFL QB. What's wrong? Not sold on Cristobal?
    I think the culture eroded more under Helfrich and Pete had a better starting point at UW. Also, Cristobal has more to prove than Pete. So, yes, I am not sold yet.

1) he took arguably the worse program in the FBS and made them a conference winner.
    3) there are signs of a culture shift (i.e., weight training participation, reduction in penalties, we saw the team win the last three after losing 3 of 4).

The bowl game was an abortion for the casual fan but showed me the team is becoming resilient. Also, closing out ASU while struggling at the end was a sign to me of mental toughness. That was a game they lose a year before.

My biggest concern is Arroyo. He’s never coordinated a good offense. If the offense has fits and starts again, Cristobal needs to let him go. That being said, I love the progression of Shough that I am seeing. Insiders that have proven to be realist believe in Arroyo. I also saw a very crisp spring game. Will that translate well on Saturday’s, we’ll see.

That's probably not true at all. Helf was the OC on the legendary semi final winning Duck team then took over as head coach. I'm sure he sucked but the guts of the Kelly machine were still there

Sark took over from Owen 12 and was an alcoholic 7 win coach who left an unbalanced roster with gaping holes in it.

I'm sure neither situation was ideal but most coaches would rather take the Oregon job under those circumstances

The wild card is the year of Taggert
    You’re correct talking about Helfrich’s starting point which is not what I said. Cristobal took over a team that had three years of Helf and one of Taggart. Chip’s winning culture was long gone.

Also, the gaping holes left by Helf’s recruiting were bigger than a two bit whore. Sark left a lot of good pieces. He left for what he considered was a better job. He was offered that job after turning around UW.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That's probably not true at all. Helf was the OC on the legendary semi final winning Duck team then took over as head coach. I'm sure he sucked but the guts of the Kelly machine were still there

Sark took over from Owen 12 and was an alcoholic 7 win coach who left an unbalanced roster with gaping holes in it.

I'm sure neither situation was ideal but most coaches would rather take the Oregon job under those circumstances

You’re correct talking about Helfrich’s starting point which is not what I said. Cristobal took over a team that had three years of Helf and one of Taggart. Chip’s winning culture was long gone.

Also, the gaping holes left by Helf’s recruiting were bigger than a two bit whore. Sark left a lot of good pieces. He left for what he considered was a better job. He was offered that job after turning around UW.
    St Haden wasn't really a Saint. He was fucking stupid

One of Helf's years was a playoff team

You guys loved Taggert until you didn't and Cristobal was on his staff

Oh and FSU was impressed enough with Taggert to hire him to a better job
    I think Taggart did some things well. However, him being at Oregon for one year was a set back.

Helf took us Oregon to 4-7 with a championship roster. Go look at his classes.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

St Haden wasn't really a Saint. He was fucking stupid

One of Helf's years was a playoff team

You guys loved Taggert until you didn't and Cristobal was on his staff

Oh and FSU was impressed enough with Taggert to hire him to a better job
    I think Taggart did some things well. However, him being at Oregon for one year was a set back.

Helf took us Oregon to 4-7 with a championship roster. Go look at his classes.

Cristobal took FIU to 3-9.
    It’s a concern. There are some reasons if you look further. Most fans from the South think his firing was foolish.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Being you've been at HH for 8 months Gatorz it's clear you werent here then. Now lurke..