Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kole Taylor, 2020 4* TE, Grand Junction (Central), CO (Offered - 5/10/19)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So sick of the complaining

You’re also don’t relate to the audience making those complaints.

If I give you a list of black kids who we didn’t recruit it’s not a big deal to you. If I give Sav’ell a list of black kids we didn’t recruit all of the sudden he’s hurt by it. I’m sorry but the opinion of kids who aren’t getting the AMAZING opportunity to be in the most prolific off the field development program that is “B4L” outweigh the opinions from people who already have B4L structure in their lives.

I hope we get this kid & hope he’s amazing just like every kid that ends up going here. I’m not hating on recruiting this kid, I’m hating on the optics of what other people will say to negatively degrade this program. I understand that we want to promote the love & support of this program but we also need to acknowledge glaring weaknesses because pretending Treshaun or Camilo were the problem is what got us here. I’m as old school as millennials come & know how hard CFB is mentally so I like that we have low offer numbers & want tough kids who aren’t going to quit & cause problems. But seriously recruiting & sticking it out with Kaho, Jacob Sirmon, or Asa proves OKG isn’t about charcater traits that won’t cause problems or not wanting to be recruited, it’s about background.
    GTFO with this BS

You have no clue about my background and make sweeping generalizations that you can’t validate.

You have no clue of the sacrifices, trials and tribulations, and hard work that have gone from being a HS student to where I am today.

The day that I make a decision in life because of wanting to surround myself with people that don’t challenge me to be better will be the first such decision I’ve made in my life like that. You grow by pushing your boundaries. You grow by being uncomfortable. You grow by observing first hand vs just settling for the opinions for others.

So you can say what you want and disagree with me all day, but I have very strong reasons for calling BS on these topics because besides being highly divisive they are also flat out lazy. When all you care about is surrounding yourself with the best people possible and working towards common goals of success, it’s amazing at how quickly you throw away caring about whether somebody is male/female, ethnicity, etc.

Show me someone that considers those primary considerations for their decision making and you’re likely to find someone that doesn’t maximize their success

Lol all I said is that you and sav’ell don’t relate to each other so what you see is a non-issue may not be seen received the same way by him. Im sorry that you took that personally or that I’m disagreeing or arguing with you.
    Trust me, I fully get that we aren’t seeing the issue the same ... that doesn’t mean that I don’t see it from his perspective.

I’m just sick and tired of society as a whole placing blame on others instead of opening their eyes and understanding what is going on around them. And this is way bigger of an issue to me than Smalls or anything of that regards to UW football. And that’s also not saying that our staff doesn’t need to do a better job in this area because clearly there are issues (and this isn’t just a UW football issue by the way).

The easiest example for me to cite is after the 2016 elections the number of people that blankety called any Trump voter a sexist and/or racist. Any basic level of critical thinking would tell you that that is clearly not true. Yet people were advancing that narrative. Stop and think people.

In the end, the thing I give a shit about tied to UW football recruiting is that we get the best class possible each year. If that is 25 Caucasian guys then awesome. If that is 25 African American guys then awesome. If that’s 25 Poly guys awesome. If it’s a mix awesome.

If guys have reasons for not coming to UW then you give the best pitch to them possible. If they still aren’t receptive then at some point you move on and eat the sunk costs.

The good thing about being a Top 10 caliber program is that guys want to come to UW. Recruiting isn’t going to fall off the cliff.

My guess is there is a lot more to what is going on here than meets the eye on the surface. Nothing in the Smalls story really makes sense.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,826
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

If I give you a list of black kids who we didn’t recruit it’s not a big deal to you. If I give Sav’ell a list of black kids we didn’t recruit all of the sudden he’s hurt by it. I’m sorry but the opinion of kids who aren’t getting the AMAZING opportunity to be in the most prolific off the field development program that is “B4L” outweigh the opinions from people who already have B4L structure in their lives.

I hope we get this kid & hope he’s amazing just like every kid that ends up going here. I’m not hating on recruiting this kid, I’m hating on the optics of what other people will say to negatively degrade this program. I understand that we want to promote the love & support of this program but we also need to acknowledge glaring weaknesses because pretending Treshaun or Camilo were the problem is what got us here. I’m as old school as millennials come & know how hard CFB is mentally so I like that we have low offer numbers & want tough kids who aren’t going to quit & cause problems. But seriously recruiting & sticking it out with Kaho, Jacob Sirmon, or Asa proves OKG isn’t about charcater traits that won’t cause problems or not wanting to be recruited, it’s about background.
    I like how you left Ty Jones off your list.

Who's the racist?
    Ty Jones is white. He knows how to ballroom dance. Still doesn’t help him catch a pass.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

I like how you left Ty Jones off your list.

Who's the racist?
    Ty Jones is white. He knows how to ballroom dance. Still doesn’t help him catch a pass.
    White people labeling black people white because they don’t match your definition of blackness is sofa king racist.
    Fair enough. +1 for sofa king
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

This board is fucking insufferable with the racial stuff.

Fuck off.

Yeah I think we have actually reached the point on this board where all the racial talk is actually having a small negative effect on recruiting. It would be naive to think other fan bases aren't forwarding some of the shit on here to potential recruits. It's getting really played out.

I don’t know man. That’s saying HH caries klout...
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

Fuck off.

Yeah I think we have actually reached the point on this board where all the racial talk is actually having a small negative effect on recruiting. It would be naive to think other fan bases aren't forwarding some of the shit on here to potential recruits. It's getting really played out.

Minimal clout. But it sure isn't helping to attract recruits either is it?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Fuck off.

Minimal clout. But it sure isn't helping to attract recruits either is it?
    Does everyone read the boreds?
  • Options
    Our best chance here would have to be the side by side comparison of UW vs others really shines through
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Our best chance here would have to be the side by side comparison of UW vs others really shines through

Or offer Rodgers
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Or offer Rodgers
    We aren't going to offer Rodgers, we already would have by now if that was even a thought.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Or offer Rodgers
    We aren't going to offer Rodgers, we already would have by now if that was even a thought.
    I know but a girl can dream
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Or offer Rodgers
    Not happening
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He going to LSU
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,964
    Founders Club

He going to LSU

Because he said it was live? Or do you have certain information, man?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He going to LSU

Because he said it was live? Or do you have certain information, man?
    Ehh he’s loved LSU through the entire process. We still have a shot who knows
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    A white guy from Colorado probably should want to stay out west. When push comes to shove we should win this battle. Its UW and Seattle versus a bunch of swamp animals. In the fucking deep south. Competition is none.