Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chris Steele

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Oregon is fucking doing the damn thing in recruiting. If we recruited just 50% more like Oregon, we'd be Clemson. Instead we are going to be Stanford. Woohoo.

I'm not sure whether Cristobal can really coach. I don't know what's going to happen when they have success, etc... but he understands what they understand in the SEC: it's about getting a roster stacked with talent. That is the first step.

They are doing that. I wish we'd gotten Chris Steele, Kayvon and whomever else. DJ Johnson, etc.

If Cristobal is an average coach, then they will probably end up looking like USC or UCLA under Mora or Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze I think is a good comparison point.

If he gets good OCs and DCs he can be a really good coach. If that's the case, they are going to be Clemson west and we are going to be Harbaugh/Early Shaw-era Stanford.

Every year it will get easier for them to get talent. They care about it and they value it. Last year they got 50% of USC's normal class and 50% of UCLA's normal class.

Anyone that thinks they aren't a threat with this amount of talent and the recruiting juggernaut they are is fucking stupid.

I'm not saying they are going to win Natties with Cristobal. But unless he's a tard, with this talent, they should be pretty good.

Can he sustain? Handle success? Etc... who fucking knows?

So many fucking ifs. We are not Stanford, we have already surpassed anything they have done recently.
    How many times has Pete compared this program to Boise State? If that isn’t trying to be small world successful instead of a Clemson, USC, Miami, Bama like dynasty, not sure what to tell ya.
    If Petersen wanted this to be BSU he would have stayed in Boise. Hth
    Please, tell me again, how well did his time end at Boise State? Did they build upon the talent that Hawkins & Kellen Moore built or did they max out trying to under recruit and outsmart Nevada, Fresno State, and Air Force.
    Fucking Lol. The talent Hawkins built? I can't tell if youre trolling or not. Hawkins had nothing to do with Petersen's multiple undefeated seasons and COY awards. His last two BSU teams werent his best, but that has shit to do with wanting to compete with the big boys on the biggest stage. He got to the fucking playoff in year 3.
    Chris Petersen won his first COY award in his first year after Hawkins left..... but why actually do research you have revisionist history.
    Oh got it, so Hawkins was going to do the same thing, right? Hawkins also would have gone undefeated 4 years later for his second COY award.

How about we look and see what Pete did at a P5 school versus how Hawkins did.

Are we fucking done here?
    Building and acquiring talent are different from coaching. Pete is the best coach and talent developer in the country. Period.

I’m not saying Dan Hawkins is the fucking man, I’m saying Pete thinks he’s such a good coach he can make up for meh recruiting and we already saw how that played out. Pete’s first year with Hawkins players he goes undefeated and beats Adrian Peterson and OU. From then on he should’ve been able to build and recruit a team so talented it never lost to a WAC-MWC team again. The last year of Hawkins influences recruits was 2009 where Boise State went undefeated. After that he lost to a MWC opponent every year including two losses in 2013 that also saw Boise State get blown out by a coaching retard named Sark.

How come it’s so easy for us to assume Oregon is going to get these top Cali guys (Steele, Addison, Thibodeaux, Navarette, Mykael Wright, Pittman) but our first instinct as UDUB fans is to say “we have no shot”? There’s a fucking reason for that.
    Dude, you are so fucking off base it's insane. Do you even follow UW recruiting closely? You are looking at Oregon recruits with envy and yet UW didn't want most of them. Some guys just aren't hard working enough. Some are too self-centered. Some want to be paid. Some don't have the grades. On top of UW passing on most of those guys, they also got recruits that they think are just as talented if not more talented players than them:

Latu > Thibodeaux

Puka Nacua and Taj Davis > Pittman

Kam Fab and Trent McDuffie > Steele and Wright

Austin Osborne and Marquis Spiker > Addison

The only real guy you can bitch about who we legitimately wanted is Navarette and I'd bet my pay check he doesn't sign with Oregon anyways. The grass is not greener on the other side. They're not bringing in better talent than us.
    Way to read one sentence about Oregon players they’ve gotten and completely base my feelings, thoughts, and entire life values off of it.

All I’m saying is that Pete doesn’t give a fuck about recruiting at a Bama, Clemson, Ohio State level because if he did he Boise State wouldn’t have fallen off like they did after Kellen. I don’t give a flying fuck about Oregon recruits vs our recruits. All I care about is recruiting SoCal and attacking recruiting with the same intensity that you attack a game. He didn’t at Boise State and from 2010 till now they are seen just like Stanford, great character team that can win 8-10 games every year with the ceiling of getting to and maybe winning a NY6 game, instead of being a dynasty who’s floor is a NY6 appearance.

Before this 2020 class debacle he was on track to be a lil better than Boise/Stanford, after losing Smalls, Botelho, Phillips and allowing this OKG narrative to continue, has us back on track to be Stanford. Period.
    You're still making zero sense. He had no chance of ever recruiting at a high level at Boise and our recruiting has been far superior to Stanford's for years now.

First you were bitching about not enough black kids being recruited now you're bitching about Petersen not recruiting with enough intensity. Seems like a flip flop.

I would like Petersen to be more aggressive on the trail as well but he's a stubborn old fuck who's not gonna change his ways. If anything he's becoming even more slow strategy and less aggressive as a recruiter than ever before. I am irritated with that as well. But we are in no way on track to being Stanford. Our last two recruiting classes are both better than any recruiting class Stanford has ever signed in the history of their program. Get a grip.
    Right, Latu is better than Thibodeaux. Latu is the best prospect in the country.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    tvoie said:

Oregon is bitch-slapping UW in recruiting this year Cobra...no way around it.

They take soft commits. We don't. That's the major difference between the two right now. As usual we'll see how they look on Signing Day. Anybody who objectively looks at UW's 2019 class compared to Oregon's and thinks Oregon's is better is an idiot.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    tvoie said:

In May.
    lawsandl said:

Oregon is fucking doing the damn thing in recruiting. If we recruited just 50% more like Oregon, we'd be Clemson. Instead we are going to be Stanford. Woohoo.

I'm not sure whether Cristobal can really coach. I don't know what's going to happen when they have success, etc... but he understands what they understand in the SEC: it's about getting a roster stacked with talent. That is the first step.

They are doing that. I wish we'd gotten Chris Steele, Kayvon and whomever else. DJ Johnson, etc.

If Cristobal is an average coach, then they will probably end up looking like USC or UCLA under Mora or Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze I think is a good comparison point.

If he gets good OCs and DCs he can be a really good coach. If that's the case, they are going to be Clemson west and we are going to be Harbaugh/Early Shaw-era Stanford.

Every year it will get easier for them to get talent. They care about it and they value it. Last year they got 50% of USC's normal class and 50% of UCLA's normal class.

Anyone that thinks they aren't a threat with this amount of talent and the recruiting juggernaut they are is fucking stupid.

I'm not saying they are going to win Natties with Cristobal. But unless he's a tard, with this talent, they should be pretty good.

So many fucking ifs. We are not Stanford, we have already surpassed anything they have done recently.
    How many times has Pete compared this program to Boise State? If that isn’t trying to be small world successful instead of a Clemson, USC, Miami, Bama like dynasty, not sure what to tell ya.
    Please, tell me again, how well did his time end at Boise State? Did they build upon the talent that Hawkins & Kellen Moore built or did they max out trying to under recruit and outsmart Nevada, Fresno State, and Air Force.
    Fucking Lol. The talent Hawkins built? I can't tell if youre trolling or not. Hawkins had nothing to do with Petersen's multiple undefeated seasons and COY awards. His last two BSU teams werent his best, but that has shit to do with wanting to compete with the big boys on the biggest stage. He got to the fucking playoff in year 3.
    Chris Petersen won his first COY award in his first year after Hawkins left..... but why actually do research you have revisionist history.
    Oh got it, so Hawkins was going to do the same thing, right? Hawkins also would have gone undefeated 4 years later for his second COY award.

Building and acquiring talent are different from coaching. Pete is the best coach and talent developer in the country. Period.

I’m not saying Dan Hawkins is the fucking man, I’m saying Pete thinks he’s such a good coach he can make up for meh recruiting and we already saw how that played out. Pete’s first year with Hawkins players he goes undefeated and beats Adrian Peterson and OU. From then on he should’ve been able to build and recruit a team so talented it never lost to a WAC-MWC team again. The last year of Hawkins influences recruits was 2009 where Boise State went undefeated. After that he lost to a MWC opponent every year including two losses in 2013 that also saw Boise State get blown out by a coaching retard named Sark.

How come it’s so easy for us to assume Oregon is going to get these top Cali guys (Steele, Addison, Thibodeaux, Navarette, Mykael Wright, Pittman) but our first instinct as UDUB fans is to say “we have no shot”? There’s a fucking reason for that.
    Dude, you are so fucking off base it's insane. Do you even follow UW recruiting closely? You are looking at Oregon recruits with envy and yet UW didn't want most of them. Some guys just aren't hard working enough. Some are too self-centered. Some want to be paid. Some don't have the grades. On top of UW passing on most of those guys, they also got recruits that they think are just as talented if not more talented players than them:

Latu > Thibodeaux

The only real guy you can bitch about who we legitimately wanted is Navarette and I'd bet my pay check he doesn't sign with Oregon anyways. The grass is not greener on the other side. They're not bringing in better talent than us.
    Way to read one sentence about Oregon players they’ve gotten and completely base my feelings, thoughts, and entire life values off of it.

All I’m saying is that Pete doesn’t give a fuck about recruiting at a Bama, Clemson, Ohio State level because if he did he Boise State wouldn’t have fallen off like they did after Kellen. I don’t give a flying fuck about Oregon recruits vs our recruits. All I care about is recruiting SoCal and attacking recruiting with the same intensity that you attack a game. He didn’t at Boise State and from 2010 till now they are seen just like Stanford, great character team that can win 8-10 games every year with the ceiling of getting to and maybe winning a NY6 game, instead of being a dynasty who’s floor is a NY6 appearance.

Before this 2020 class debacle he was on track to be a lil better than Boise/Stanford, after losing Smalls, Botelho, Phillips and allowing this OKG narrative to continue, has us back on track to be Stanford. Period.
    You're still making zero sense. He had no chance of ever recruiting at a high level at Boise and our recruiting has been far superior to Stanford's for years now.

First you were bitching about not enough black kids being recruited now you're bitching about Petersen not recruiting with enough intensity. Seems like a flip flop.

I would like Petersen to be more aggressive on the trail as well but he's a stubborn old fuck who's not gonna change his ways. If anything he's becoming even more slow strategy and less aggressive as a recruiter than ever before. I am irritated with that as well. But we are in no way on track to being Stanford. Our last two recruiting classes are both better than any recruiting class Stanford has ever signed in the history of their program. Get a grip.
    Right, Latu is better than Thibodeaux. Latu is the best prospect in the country.
    Never said Latu was the best in the country. Point is, Thibodeaux definitely is not. He's far from the first overrated 5-star. Latu is bigger, just as fast and explosive, and more physical against the run.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

57 new fucking retarded shit posts

@StrongArmCobra

Fuck you bitch. Why would you care about a thread that's not even about a UW recruit or player? Don't click on it then dumb ass.
    Why so angry?

@StrongArmCobra

Fuck you bitch. Why would you care about a thread that's not even about a UW recruit or player? Don't click on it then dumb ass.
    Why so angry?
    Why so bitchy?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@StrongArmCobra

Why so angry?
    Why so bitchy?
    Calm down turbo

@StrongArmCobra

Why so angry?
    Why so bitchy?
    Calm down turbo
    Or else what?
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Latu > Thibodeaux

Weird how I don’t make any sense and that I “flip flop” on SOOOOOO many different issues when it seems you know exactly what my issue is to the point you agree with it and acknowledge it’s getting worse. Crazy, I know.

Not caring about the perception of OKG & the black community = caring about the lack of recruiting intensity

Worrying that once Pete had 100% of his recruits at Boise they never went undefeated again and actually went 8-3 in his last year just like Stanford did once Andrew Luck left = caring about the lack of recruiting intensity

Saying Oregon is doing a good job in SoCal but knowing we can do just as good if not better without changing our core values that I know are rare and amazing compared to other successful programs = caring about the lack of recruiting intensity

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    4th in the north visits 1st in the conference this year. Only thing I give a fuck about
    Founders Club
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

lawsandl said:

Latu > Thibodeaux

Never said Latu was the best in the country. Point is, Thibodeaux definitely is not. He's far from the first overrated 5-star. Latu is bigger, just as fast and explosive, and more physical against the run.
    I sat next to the family of a prominent Oregon player at the spring game. You should have heard some of the stuff they were saying about Kayvon Thibodeaux that their son told them, it confirms some of the rumors we had heard...

It was extremely complimentary of him as a person and football player.
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

tvoie said:

They take soft commits. We don't. That's the major difference between the two right now. As usual we'll see how they look on Signing Day. Anybody who objectively looks at UW's 2019 class compared to Oregon's and thinks Oregon's is better is an idiot.
    No question UW’s 2019 class was better. This year? Doesn’t look good. Plus Smalls probably signs there. That alone is a travesty.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

@StrongArmCobra

Why so angry?

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

- Amazes me they fired Leavitt but kept Arroyo. Yikes. Forfeiting an entire season and Herbert’s career until that’s fixed. Surprised the more critical Duck fans aren’t more concerned. Maybe he’ll be better I guess? That’s the plan?
    - Oregon had objectively the easiest schedule since at least the formation of the P 12 last year. They also got to play Washington after a bye week, while Washington was coming off a road game. Wilner has written extensively on the P12 suiciding itself like that, accounts for > 50% of top team losses since 2012.
    - There is plenty of data on Cristobal as a head coach with middling to comparable talent related to his conference foes. Why are so many in the LIPO camp here? He is not an unknown entity here. The Jim Mora comparison is a good one until he proves he can break through. Meathead recruiter who can jack his team up for home games but hasn’t won anything of consequence.
    - I’d be very curious what effect Urban or anyone else at USC would have on Oregon recruiting going forward. Similar fast strategy kids for the most part.

All the Husky angst about Oregon makes me feel like I’m missing something. Oh they are recruiting well? ok

I'm hearing the only coach better than Crystobal is Joey Thomas.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

@StrongArmCobra

Race does it again!
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2019

@StrongArmCobra

Why so angry?
    Why so bitchy?
    Calm down turbo
    Or else what?

Race is making this thread great again
    Founders Club

lawsandl said:

Latu > Thibodeaux

I sat next to the family of a prominent Oregon player at the spring game. You should have heard some of the stuff they were saying about Kayvon Thibodeaux that their son told them, it confirms some of the rumors we had heard...

It was extremely complimentary of him as a person and football player.
    Details or shut the fuck up.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

lawsandl said:

Latu > Thibodeaux

Thibodeaux has enrolled, played well, worked his ass off and been extremely engaged with the community. Any reason to believe he is overrated?