Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Any Boeing insiders or followers out here?

BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Would be chinteresting to get your take on the 737 Max fiasco and potential fallout.

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I considered buying Boeing stock in 1994, but didn't

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,543
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have stock in BA- bought it at 83 - with all the scandal it went down $4.87 today to $371. I know the workers at Boeing are great and the management sucks. The bigger fiasco was the tanker which should have gone to Airbus. Mike Sears (St. Louis military side) screwed that one up big time.
    I really feel that the military side of Boeing has screwed it up the most.

I have worked in aerospace and tried to stay away from the military side of things as much as possible. That has to do with the DoD having a file a couple inches thick on me. At one time the DoD told me a couple places I lived that I had forgot about. Long story for another day.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

LebamDawg said:

I have stock in BA- bought it at 83 - with all the scandal it went down $4.87 today to $371. I know the workers at Boeing are great and the management sucks. The bigger fiasco was the tanker which should have gone to Airbus. Mike Sears (St. Louis military side) screwed that one up big time.

I have worked in aerospace and tried to stay away from the military side of things as much as possible. That has to do with the DoD having a file a couple inches thick on me. At one time the DoD told me a couple places I lived that I had forgot about. Long story for another day.

The Boeing workers I know wouldn’t hurt a fly.

That said, they fit in well working at a massive company that is almost as inefficient as the government and can skate by doing the minimum.
    Hoes gonna hoe
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,563
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

That said, they fit in well working at a massive company that is almost as inefficient as the government and can skate by doing the minimum.
    Elon Musk needs to have Space X start competing with Boeing and Airbus for commercial flight
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

LebamDawg said:

Elon Musk is a bald fag with hairplugs
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,543
    Swaye's Wigwam

the usual 80/20 rule applies at almost any company I have been associated with - 30-40 percent should be laid off

and Boeing is as inefficient as the gov. Most large companies are
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

I like airplanes that don't crash.

This and only this.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,281
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Surprised this bored isn't lining up to give fiery death hot taeks

Airplanes are built by spreadsheet cost-benefit analyses now. Using software overrides to overcome a hardware problem always carries higher risk than just fixing the hardware problem.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    dflea said:

I like airplanes that don't crash.

@OZONE

• Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
    Boeing executives don't fly third world airlines. You shouldn't either.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,589
    Standard Supporter
    I prefer hydraulic over fly by wire. Boeing, get your shit together.

Maybe don't attempt rushing a plane or overlooking shit. The fallout way worse.

• Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019

Would be chinteresting to get your take on the 737 Max fiasco and potential fallout.

I like the stock. Given the amount of negative news you'd think the stock would be in the toilet. Not so much. Before the Ethiopian plane jockey crashed his shit because he can't read an owners manuel, the stock was also holding up well against steel and aluminum tariffs. I'm still in profit territory with this one and I think it will shoot back up to it's March high of 440 in no time. Boeing has been through hell recently but the stock has held up well.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,791
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Having family and friends that are commercial pilots they say it's the pilots not the plane.

Third worlders fly with the bare minimum in training and logged hours. That's why they went down. They simply didn't know the systems.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,563
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Having family and friends that are commercial pilots they say it's the pilots not the plane.

Third worlders fly with the bare minimum in training and logged hours. That's why they went down. They simply didn't know the systems.
    I thought that at first, but Ethiopian Airlines is actually solid and has a stellar safety record, apparently.

• Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

I thought that at first, but Ethiopian Airlines is actually solid and has a stellar safety record, apparently.

The MCAS sensor was disabled due to a bird strike. From there, pilot error drove the plane into the ground.