Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PSA: Oregon has more white people on the roster than UW

12346»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Black people: “yeah I definitely see how OKG stuff could be construed as racist”

White people: “I don’t”

I get what you're saying and claiming. Labeling OKG as racist, though, implies that Petersen deliberately puts up standards that he believes/thinks/knows that poor black kids can't meet. I don't think that's what you actually believe. If you want to say Pete's OKG standards are biased against people from certain backgrounds I think you'd get more traction there, and I would probably agree with you on some level. Outright and intentional racism though?
    Watching white people squirm is entertaining.

I appreciate you trying to help out my traction, but I'm doing fine thanks. Only white people don't understand this issue.
    Great non-answer, as always. I give you credit for sticking to your guns no matter how irrational you might sound. Yes, I get it. You're black and only you can understand racism because of that fact. I should trust you when you call something racist no matter how irrational that claim may be.
    I love white paternalism. I know you understand racism better than us, please educate me and my people how we can serve you better and make you more comfortable!

Sorry for being IRRATIONAL!!! Really sucks to be labeled as irrational. Hate that. I enjoy the calm, clear reasoning of the white mind.

Oh, Sav'ell dropped us. Did you hear? Wanna know why?

Nah, never mind.
    This is literally a page from the Democratic Party. The white democrat plantation owners are gunna protect the poor black folk because dems don’t think black people can take care of themselves. Can’t even get ID.
    This is amazing. Turdbuffer's worldview:

-Implementing stricter voter ID laws can't be racist because regulations apply equally to everyone and Republicans certainly don't have any ulterior motives.
    -Democrats are the real racists for pointing out the fact that a higher % of black people don't have ID so such laws would disenfranchise black people at a highly disproportionate rate.
    -If only Democrats didn't point out this fact we could all pretend it doesn't exist.
    Maybe we can get this moved to the Tug

https://vox.com/identities/2017/3/15/14909764/study-voter-id-racism
    Maybe it should then I can ignore it. I do have to respond to this link though.

A 2006-2014 study found "strict identification laws have a differentially negative impact on the turnout of racial and ethnic minorities in primaries and general elections. We also find that voter ID laws skew democracy toward those on the political right.”

Then there was a "follow-up study" which wasn't actually a new study just critiquing methods and possible errors in the initial study and re-running it using their own assumptions and "corrections" and then concluding the effect was not as large as the study had found.

Great, do your own experiment then!

And while you are at it- tell the Republicans that it won't have any effect so stop wasting time with this ID bullshit and focus on reducing polling stations, hours, and early voting as we all agree those will depress turnout.
    When did you get so annoying?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Black people: “yeah I definitely see how OKG stuff could be construed as racist”

White people: “I don’t”

I get what you're saying and claiming. Labeling OKG as racist, though, implies that Petersen deliberately puts up standards that he believes/thinks/knows that poor black kids can't meet. I don't think that's what you actually believe. If you want to say Pete's OKG standards are biased against people from certain backgrounds I think you'd get more traction there, and I would probably agree with you on some level. Outright and intentional racism though?
    Watching white people squirm is entertaining.

I appreciate you trying to help out my traction, but I'm doing fine thanks. Only white people don't understand this issue.
    Great non-answer, as always. I give you credit for sticking to your guns no matter how irrational you might sound. Yes, I get it. You're black and only you can understand racism because of that fact. I should trust you when you call something racist no matter how irrational that claim may be.
    I love white paternalism. I know you understand racism better than us, please educate me and my people how we can serve you better and make you more comfortable!

Sorry for being IRRATIONAL!!! Really sucks to be labeled as irrational. Hate that. I enjoy the calm, clear reasoning of the white mind.

Oh, Sav'ell dropped us. Did you hear? Wanna know why?

Nah, never mind.
    This is literally a page from the Democratic Party. The white democrat plantation owners are gunna protect the poor black folk because dems don’t think black people can take care of themselves. Can’t even get ID.
    This is amazing. Turdbuffer's worldview:

-Implementing stricter voter ID laws can't be racist because regulations apply equally to everyone and Republicans certainly don't have any ulterior motives.
    -Democrats are the real racists for pointing out the fact that a higher % of black people don't have ID so such laws would disenfranchise black people at a highly disproportionate rate.
    -If only Democrats didn't point out this fact we could all pretend it doesn't exist.
    Maybe we can get this moved to the Tug

https://vox.com/identities/2017/3/15/14909764/study-voter-id-racism
    Maybe it should then I can ignore it. I do have to respond to this link though.

A 2006-2014 study found "strict identification laws have a differentially negative impact on the turnout of racial and ethnic minorities in primaries and general elections. We also find that voter ID laws skew democracy toward those on the political right.”

Then there was a "follow-up study" which wasn't actually a new study just critiquing methods and possible errors in the initial study and re-running it using their own assumptions and "corrections" and then concluding the effect was not as large as the study had found.

Great, do your own experiment then!

And while you are at it- tell the Republicans that it won't have any effect so stop wasting time with this ID bullshit and focus on reducing polling stations, hours, and early voting as we all agree those will depress turnout.
    When did you get so annoying?
    Not sure I can't remember anything before age 5 or so.