Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sirmon Yankoff Couch Sale

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

I am fucking stunned right now. When I saw the headline I clicked on it fully expecting it to say Haener and Yankoff were gonezo. Haener's a turnover machine and the writing is on the wall in terms of the QB competition and Yankoff can't hit the broad side of a barn. That would have been totally understandable and acceptable. But Sirmon? What the fuck bro? You separated yourself from Yankoff. You're in-line to be the starter after Eason which worst case scenario, would be as a RS Junior with a super talented offense around you, in a fairly weak conference, playing for your hometown team. How do you have no fucking balls to stick it out at your hometown school and win the starting job with 2-3 years of eligibility left to be the guy after Eason. How do you not see Yankoff transferring as more reps and opportunities for you to get better and show what you can do. Under no circumstance should both of those QB's being transferring at the same fucking time! Sirmon is a fucking idiot if he tucks tail like a pussy and transfers to some mediocre program like Tennessee. He'll end up being the next Max Browne.

What a fucking kick in the nuts after an already miserable Spring ball and miserable "Spring Preview and Fan Fest" bullshit. This program should be on fire right now with hype and excitement but instead as usual, Petersen has killed all of that for us. He and Bush need to convince Sirmon to stay. Just because he's in the portal doesn't mean it's set in stone he's transferring. Could just be weighing his options and seeing who is interested. But who am I kidding? I'm sure Tennessee has been tampering this whole time and trying to sway him to transfer behind the scenes. That was his back up school he almost flipped to when it was announce Eason was coming.

Fuck it! Give me Eason for two years and then Morris, Garbers, and Huard in the pipeline and we're fine. This is why you recruit a QB in every class. Fucking pussies don't want to COMPETE!

Apparently Coach Pete has a raging boner for Morris. Would you stick around if you were Sirmon to watch Pete hand the job to him after sitting for 2 years?

I wouldn't.
    @creepyquane
    wrong post ballz. it gets confusing signing in and out. I know. I blew it once too.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019

@StrongArmCobra

I hear ya. But Max Browne's and really any highly rated QB's huge mistake was committing to SC or a big school that recruits a ton of quality QB's and not a college where he's guaranteed to get the chance to play right away. Browne waited far too long to transfer and it killed him. He was a RS JR when he transferred to Pittsburg right? Killed him. Now he makes YouTube videos that nobody watches all cause he went to SC.

Why would Justin Fields commit to Georgia when they chose a true freshman to start in place of Eason? Was he stupid? fuck yes. He's smart to transfer now though.

Sirmon and Yankoff are making the right decision... use your chance to play or you lose it.

Sure, you could transfer early to some lower level Group of Five school where you're guaranteed the starting job but at the same time how much talent would they have around them to work with? Would that lower level talent make you as a QB look terrible because the O-line sucks and guys can't get open? That's a huge risk itself.

On the other hand, if you transfer to a Power-5 school, even one that isn't nationally elite, you're still going to have to compete against 2-4 other QB's just like you would here. So you're damned if you do and damned it you don't. There is no easy way out.

You look at the stats and most QB's that transfer do not have success after transferring unless it's a graduate transfer situation in which they are guaranteed the starting job because they only have one year of eligibility left.

Yankoff sucks, he can leave and that's fine. But Sirmon is better off sticking it out at UW and competing against one or two less talented guys, in an offense he has had time to learn and study, with offensive skill players he has had time to build chemistry with.
    I don't disagree with you on Sirmon.

But you gotta look at it from his POV... lets say he puts in all this work and Morris beats him out this year or the next if Eason stays? Would it have been wise to transfer now, or sit on the bench and have wasted 3 seasons?

I only say this because of the rumored love affair Pete has for Morris.
    You can't play with hypothetical scenarios because there are disaster scenarios in both instances. If he transfers and can't win the starting job at the new school, then he's really fucked. You can't just keep bouncing around from school to school. That only decreases your chances of ever making it. As a QB, you need to play in the same offense for years to develop and get better. Having to learn a new offense delays your development.

All you can do is give yourself the best chance to succeed and not worry about "what if this happens" or "what if that happens". Staying at UW, in the same system, with the same coaches, competing against other QB's you know you're more talented than, while also knowing you'll have a shit load of talent to work with if you do earn the starting job in a year or two, is the best chance Sirmon has at not only earning a starting job, but also being in a situation that sets him up to ball out and get drafted high. If he and his parents can't see that they're idiots. It's a fucking shame kids these days just want everything handed to them. Nobody wants to grind and earn what they get.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We can’t have the Skinny we all dream of and still reasonably expect he’d stick in 2020.

Yup. But nothing about his performance Saturday suggests he’s gonna be the Skinny of our dreams in 2019.

The sheer number of QBs in the transfer portal is a powerful sign of the times. The wait-yr-turn, don’t-be-afraid-to-compete mentalities of yesteryear are ancient history. Everybody who can enter the draft early does; everybody else either transfers or just plain sucks. If you’re gonna recruit the top guys, especially at the QB position, this is all just a cost of doing business.

Today’s news is certainly disappointing. But I’m not sure it’s a crisis. Eason will clearly be the starter (no matter how early August reps get carved up). Huard is coming, as is his career backup Bowers. No thinking person ever believed both Sirmon and Yankoff would both be here in 2022 anyway. And if Morris truly has already overtaken both, well then...
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

@StrongArmCobra

I hear ya. But Max Browne's and really any highly rated QB's huge mistake was committing to SC or a big school that recruits a ton of quality QB's and not a college where he's guaranteed to get the chance to play right away. Browne waited far too long to transfer and it killed him. He was a RS JR when he transferred to Pittsburg right? Killed him. Now he makes YouTube videos that nobody watches all cause he went to SC.

Why would Justin Fields commit to Georgia when they chose a true freshman to start in place of Eason? Was he stupid? fuck yes. He's smart to transfer now though.

Sirmon and Yankoff are making the right decision... use your chance to play or you lose it.

Sure, you could transfer early to some lower level Group of Five school where you're guaranteed the starting job but at the same time how much talent would they have around them to work with? Would that lower level talent make you as a QB look terrible because the O-line sucks and guys can't get open? That's a huge risk itself.

On the other hand, if you transfer to a Power-5 school, even one that isn't nationally elite, you're still going to have to compete against 2-4 other QB's just like you would here. So you're damned if you do and damned it you don't. There is no easy way out.

You look at the stats and most QB's that transfer do not have success after transferring unless it's a graduate transfer situation in which they are guaranteed the starting job because they only have one year of eligibility left.

Yankoff sucks, he can leave and that's fine. But Sirmon is better off sticking it out at UW and competing against one or two less talented guys, in an offense he has had time to learn and study, with offensive skill players he has had time to build chemistry with.

But you gotta look at it from his POV... lets say he puts in all this work and Morris beats him out this year or the next if Eason stays? Would it have been wise to transfer now, or sit on the bench and have wasted 3 seasons?

You can't play with hypothetical scenarios because there are disaster scenarios in both instances. If he transfers and can't win the starting job at the new school, then he's really fucked. You can't just keep bouncing around from school to school. That only decreases your chances of ever making it. As a QB you need to play in the same offense for years to develop and get better. Having to learn a new offense delays your development.

All you can do is give yourself the best chance to succeed and not worry about "what if this" or "what if that". Staying at UW, in the same system, with the same coaches, competing against other QB's you know you're more talented than, while also knowing you'll have a shit load of talent to work with if you do earn the starting job in a year or two, is the best chance Sirmon has at not only earning a starting job, but also being in a situation that sets him up to ball out and get drafted high. If he and his parents can't see that they're idiots. It's a fucking shame kids these days just want everything handed to them. Nobody wants to grind and earn what they get.
    Chris Petersen has never had a quarterback drafted but Sirmon's parents are idiots. OK!
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019
    You know, while shitty, I'm not too broken up about the whole thing. I'm good at rationalizing. If Pete likes Morris more than Sirmon and Yankoff already, they're likely not that good and are dead in the water already. I remember Cyler Miles, Jeff Lindquist, Troy Williams, and Nick Montana. Sirmon and Yankoff could very well just be those guys. No big loss if so. Garbers got his 4th star. Might have to recruit a 2nd QB now, if possible. While difficult at UW, maybe we can snag a transfer. These are arguably 4th and 5th stringers we lost, ya'll. LIPO.
  • Options

@StrongArmCobra

You can't play with hypothetical scenarios because there are disaster scenarios in both instances. If he transfers and can't win the starting job at the new school, then he's really fucked. You can't just keep bouncing around from school to school. That only decreases your chances of ever making it. As a QB you need to play in the same offense for years to develop and get better. Having to learn a new offense delays your development.

All you can do is give yourself the best chance to succeed and not worry about "what if this" or "what if that". Staying at UW, in the same system, with the same coaches, competing against other QB's you know you're more talented than, while also knowing you'll have a shit load of talent to work with if you do earn the starting job in a year or two, is the best chance Sirmon has at not only earning a starting job, but also being in a situation that sets him up to ball out and get drafted high. If he and his parents can't see that they're idiots. It's a fucking shame kids these days just want everything handed to them. Nobody wants to grind and earn what they get.
    Chris Petersen has never had a quarterback drafted but Sirmon's parents are idiots. OK!
    Name a starting QB he's had who should have been drafted. At Boise it was all try-hard 3-star guys. Here at UW it's been Browning and that's it. Put guys like Justin Herbert or Sam Darnold on UW's roster and they're getting drafted in the 1st round out of UW as well. NFL QB's are NFL QB's no matter what. They tend to instantly rise to the top and separate themselves from the competition regardless of how good or bad their coaching is.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gwad said:

You guys are so fucking naive. Welcome to big time football you jackasses.

You really thought big time kids were going to sit behind a fucking midget??

I think Skinny might enter the portal too.

If you don’t get it you are a moron.

Sirmon has chips to play with but can Yankoff even ante up right now?
    Plenty schools would have interest in Yankoff
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2019
    1. Yankoff and Sirmon were dumb as hell to enter UW in the same class. This idea that they were going to have a love affair for competing against each other was stupid. What, did they think they were going to split series when Browning graduated? Dumb.

2. If neither of them has shown the ability on the field to take Haener's #2 reps... what does that tell you about either of them's chances to beat out Morris who Pete is rumored to love.

3. Neither of them could have anticipated Eason transferring in... I remember a quote from Sirmon who said some bullshit about it being great that Eason was coming in... that he thrives on competition. Bullshit, neither of them were happy about Eason coming in - I don't blame them either. I'd be pissed too knowing that I could never win the spot over the guy no matter how much promise I show.

4. You can't prove your worth if you don't get to play. Both of them were clearly seeing the writing on the wall that there were pretty good odds they'd never be leading the #1 offense on the field at UW. Both are smart to get out now.

5. Our QB situation is just fine. We're sitting here complaining about our backup quarterback... yeesh, 95% of teams across the country are sitting there wondering if their #1 is worth a damn and in about about 90% of the cases, they're worse than Haener. Eason is gonna be great, Morris will be great following him and so will Sam Huard.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

@StrongArmCobra

Name a starting QB he's had who should have been drafted. At Boise it was all try-hard 3-star guys. Here at UW it's been Browning and that's it. Put guys like Justin Herbert or Sam Darnold on UW's roster and they're getting drafted in the 1st round out of UW as well. NFL QB's are NFL QB's no matter what. They tend to instantly rise to the top and separate themselves from the competition regardless of how good or bad their coaching is.
    So why hasn't he recruited any of those QBs?
    He has. KJ Carta-Samuels, Eason, Sirmon, Yankoff, and Huard are all 4 and 5 star guys. We have to wait and see what he can do with Eason to judge him.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    So ... Sirmon and his family met with a coach before making their decision on Monday. Hamdan was the coach they met with.

I get it that Hamdan is the OC, but does anyone else find it odd that Pete wouldn't be in that meeting as well?

Maybe Pete doesn't give a shit that Sirmon is leaving?
  • Options
    edited April 2019

1. Yankoff and Sirmon were dumb as hell to enter UW in the same class. This idea that they were going to have a love affair for competing against each other was stupid. What, did they think they were going to split series when Browning graduated? Dumb.

2. If neither of them has shown the ability on the field to take Haener's #2 reps... what does that tell you about either of them's chances to beat out Morris who Pete is rumored to love.

3. Neither of them could have anticipated Eason transferring in... I remember a quote from Sirmon who said some bullshit about it being great that Eason was coming in... that he thrives on competition. Bullshit, neither of them were happy about Eason coming in - I don't blame them either. I'd be pissed too knowing that I could never win the spot over the guy no matter how much promise I show.

4. You can't prove your worth if you don't get to play. Both of them were clearly seeing the writing on the wall that there were pretty good odds they'd never be leading the #1 offense on the field at UW. Both are smart to get out now.

5. Our QB situation is just fine. We're sitting here complaining about our backup quarterback... yeesh, 95% of teams across the country are sitting there wondering if their #1 is worth a damn and in about about 90% of the cases, they're worse than Haener. Eason is gonna be great, Morris will be great following him and so will Sam Huard.

All of this would make sense if they were coming off their RS Sophomore seasons and it looked like Morris had overtaken both of them. These fucking pussies are literally just coming off of their redshirts! They only just arrived on campus last fucking Spring! They haven't even given themselves enough time to develop in the same system to play at a high level. By transferring, it's back to ground zero for both of them in terms of their development with a year of eligibility already wasted. Who the fuck transfers after redshirting? That's such a pussy move. It's like they both came to UW thinking "If I'm not the starter after Jake Browning I'm transferring". That's unbelievably stupid. Of course you're not going to beat out Jacob Eason you retards! Both of you suck and haven't done shit in practice to warrant starter reps. The best shot any QB has is to stay in the same system, learn, develop, and hopefully be the starter as a RS Sophomore or Junior. If it doesn't work out you can grad transfer and play somewhere else immediately like KJ Carta-Samuels did and have your shot to impress NFL scouts. Both these dudes are fucking dumb. I wish them nothing but failure.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    Btw Sirmon to Notre Dame confirmed.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Domicillo said:

Btw Sirmon to Notre Dame confirmed.

Would Brian Kelly take Sirmon?
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    Jimmy Lake is the real failure here. The fact that Yankoff is transferring instead of flipping to DB shows me Jimmy has given up in recruiting.