Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Coach Contracts Announced

Six Figure Raise Club:
Lake: 3 year extension, 400k raise. $1.5mil avg salary
Malloe: 2 year extension, 100k raise. $455k

In Year 2 of a Big 3 Year Contract Club:
Kwat ($1M)
Bush ($750k)

Raise + Extension club:
Huff: 2 year extension, 50k raise. $550k
Harris: 2 year extension, 40k raise. $240k avg
Boner: 2 year extension, 25k raise. $380k

No Raise, but 2 Year Extension Club:
Bob Gregory, $500k

Overpaying for a guy who was going to be at App State Club:
Adams, $375k 2yr

Fuck You Club:
Jordan Paopao, $300k -> No raise, 1 year extension (a/k/a - How's your LinkedIn profile my dude?)

But I was told that everything is great with Paopao!!!!!!! I WAS!!! How did he get dissed like this when he constantly produces great players?!?!

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    And this is why Dennis is simply the GOAT be it here or on the TSIO Pod

"Jordan Paopao, $300k -> No raise, 1 year extension (a/k/a - How's your LinkedIn profile my dude?)"

But I was told that everything is great with Paopao!!!!!!! I WAS!!! How did he get dissed like this when he constantly produces great players?!?!
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Dennis, can you do a longitudinal plot to show what the change has been over Pete's reign?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,477 Founders Club
    I think Gregory was told not to take all of the two years to find another job as well

No raise when Jimmy the Greek God is loading up the Brinks Truck does not go unnoticed. There is a reason most employers don't want employees sharing salary info
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

One of my biggest complaints about Petermen is that he seems to be too patient with his assistants. He kept Pease and Strauser too long and now doing the same with PowPow and Gregory.

Went to check on where Pease is now and I LOL'd at this line from Pease's wiki:

On December 17, 2013, Pease was hired by Chris Petersen at the University of Washington to be the wide receivers coach. In the wake of a disappointing season by the receiver corps - who had dropped many passes - Pease was dismissed on December 4, 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Pease
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam

One of my biggest complaints about Petermen is that he seems to be too patient with his assistants. He kept Pease and Strauser too long and now doing the same with PowPow and Gregory.

This narrative has some validity but doesnt really apply to Gregory. The LBs have been good since he arrived, and HH nemesis turned favorite BBK showed remarkable improvement. LB recruiting has also picked up. Calvert was a big pickup, Sirmon is solid, and even though Malloe was a big driver behind the poly recruits, they still have to resepect the LB coach to commit. Give the SC Coordinator gig to someone else, though.

Paopao is interesting too, because we have had great TEs. We really have, there is no arguing that Perkins, Dissly, Sample, Bryant, Daniels haven't been legit players. Otton, Culp, and Kizer look promising too. He does need to land higher tier recruits.

Basically, tldr is that these coaches, while lagging behind some of our other assistants, are still producing good players.

Honestly, what has Bush done? The offense needs to produce this year or he needs to GTFO. Our playcalling sucked worse last year than it did in 2017, which is pathetic. We choked away a easily winnable game in SEC country vs Auburn...a win there totally changes the perception of our program and conference. Instead we committed suicide via read option. The Cal game...nuff said. Bush is the worst of our coaches.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam

Don't get the Junior Adams hate. He swiped Puka on short notice. Not going to crown him yet but LIPO.

No one hates him, DDY just didnt like the hire based off resumé
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,299

Went to check on where Pease is now and I LOL'd at this line from Pease's wiki:

On December 17, 2013, Pease was hired by Chris Petersen at the University of Washington to be the wide receivers coach. In the wake of a disappointing season by the receiver corps - who had dropped many passes, albeit more were caught - Pease was dismissed on December 4, 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Pease
    Crispened
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

This narrative has some validity but doesnt really apply to Gregory. The LBs have been good since he arrived, and HH nemesis turned favorite BBK showed remarkable improvement. LB recruiting has also picked up. Calvert was a big pickup, Sirmon is solid, and even though Malloe was a big driver behind the poly recruits, they still have to resepect the LB coach to commit. Give the SC Coordinator gig to someone else, though.

Paopao is interesting too, because we have had great TEs. We really have, there is no arguing that Perkins, Dissly, Sample, Bryant, Daniels haven't been legit players. Otton, Culp, and Kizer look promising too. He does need to land higher tier recruits.

Basically, tldr is that these coaches, while lagging behind some of our other assistants, are still producing good players.

Honestly, what has Bush done? The offense needs to produce this year or he needs to GTFO. Our playcalling sucked worse last year than it did in 2017, which is pathetic. We choked away a easily winnable game in SEC country vs Auburn...a win there totally changes the perception of our program and conference. Instead we committed suicide via read option. The Cal game...nuff said. Bush is the worst of our coaches.

Deep thoughts with PGOS.

Coaches are good enough dontchaknow we have to chose between a good coach and a good recruiter we can't have both.

The playcalling is bad if it isn't working and good if it is working.
    edited April 2019

Deep thoughts with PGOS.

Coaches are good enough dontchaknow we have to chose between a good coach and a good recruiter we can't have both.

The playcalling is bad if it isn't working and good if it is working.
    Are the TEs and LBs why we lost the games we did the past 3 years?

The playcalling has always been bad.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Don't get the Junior Adams hate. He swiped Puka on short notice. Not going to crown him yet but LIPO.

Ikaika/Poly movement got us Puka just like he/it got us Buelow, Kalepo, Fautanu, Tuitele, Bandes, Ngalu, Pa'ama, Latu, Hammer, Tuputala and Ah You.

We'll know whether Junior can recruit this year because he goes up against big boys.

We know Bush tapped out early this year with Garbers. We gave up on Jay Butterfield and now Oregon's going to snag him because they know they're losing DJU.

Johnny Wilson's been CB'ed to the Ducks recently... Junior is in pole position on a lot of guys, but we'll see if he can come from ahead to win.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Fire Peterman for sure
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    edited April 2019

Jimmy got a raise that was higher than the salaries of most of our coaches.

It pays to be a great coach, coordinator and recruiter.

We need to accept we might be better off without him.
    Quickly he strikes.......

lol