Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ironic to see you posting SRS rankings.

Also, thanks Taft!
    Propaganda knows no rules

Is SRS Chest's deal?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Ironic to see you posting SRS rankings.

Also, thanks Taft!
    Propaganda knows no rules

Is SRS Chest's deal?
    Yeah, that was a Chest thing. At least in your poast, it's something to rank champions by and not have a hypothetical about a team like Chest even though I think he was right.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2019

Best friend from high school contends the loudest the Orange Bowl has ever been was in 2001 for the Washington game.

I'll bet your friend also talks about the standing ovation at Lincoln a lot too. The only time they've ever done that for an opposing team. Ever.

Your friend never attended a Notre Dame or Florida State game. Apparently.
  • Options

The bigger fuck up for the Canes was the Ohio State loss in the Fiesta Bowl. Miami always loses the Fiesta Bowl

With a back to back natty that three year run is the best ever regardless of the loss to UW. UW should NOT have kept Miami out of the title game that year

Anyway one title in a three year run keeps them under valued as a dynasty

Yep. Pretty much. That was an underrated UW defense and a winner at QB ... but still. Butch should have had them ready. He had more than enough firepower to come up here and win. Easily. But, my uncle has my aunt's balls.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

The bigger fuck up for the Canes was the Ohio State loss in the Fiesta Bowl. Miami always loses the Fiesta Bowl

With a back to back natty that three year run is the best ever regardless of the loss to UW. UW should NOT have kept Miami out of the title game that year

Another example of why it's important to WIN when you reach the big game. Seahawks went from Dynasty to one hit wonder because of Pete's blunder.

USC basically had a 3-Pete wiped off the board too. 2003 (screwed by BCS but still voted #1 AP), 2004(vacated but won DGAF), 2005 (CHOKED the big one in the greatest college game I've seen).
    Agreed with all but 2005. I was not surprised. SC D that year was rather human. Offense was lights out but not an all time great team IMO.
  • Options

Hi @creepycoug

An even more painful loss than the 02 version. Entirely outclassed Penn State but nobody overcomes 5 picks. The bitch of it was: no pressure. He just threw 5 super really shitty passes. All of them in bad spots. And with a running game that could do whatever it wanted. That one is on Jimmy as much as anyone. What a gift for the Pedos.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019

Doogles said:

Another example of why it's important to WIN when you reach the big game. Seahawks went from Dynasty to one hit wonder because of Pete's blunder.

USC basically had a 3-Pete wiped off the board too. 2003 (screwed by BCS but still voted #1 AP), 2004(vacated but won DGAF), 2005 (CHOKED the big one in the greatest college game I've seen).
    Agreed with all but 2005. I was not surprised. SC D that year was rather human. Offense was lights out but not an all time great team IMO.
    They still choked the big game. Reggie Bush deciding to play Rugby and fumbling instead of settling for 1st and Goal inside the five. Going for it on 4th and 1 with Bush inexplicably on the sidelines.

Vince young balled out and earned the win, but SC made that miracle a possibility with arrogant and disorganized play.

Game of inches, what should very easily be known as a 3-pete isn't even recognized as a single title in the South.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2019
    What if Washington had beat Oregon that year?

As it stands, we beat 3 BCS teams in 2000: Miami, Oregon State, & Purdue, and two of those teams won their BCS bowls -- the only one that lost was the one that lost to us.

I don't think many teams have done that... maybe one or two?
  • Options
    Baphomet said:

As it stands, we beat 3 BCS teams in 2000: Miami, Oregon State, & Purdue, and two of those teams won their BCS bowls -- the only one that lost was the one that lost to us.

I think the hype on the 2000 Miami team is based on the fact that (1) they were fucking loaded, (2) they got better and better as the season wore on and were arguably the most dangerous team in the country at the end of the year, (3) it portended what would become an all-time team the next year and (4) the national championship was a dud and the winner an unspectacular team. Miami would have rolled Oklahoma and probably any other team they could have played. Oregon State had a very good team that year but got some serious hype for beating a Notre Dame team that most people thought slid into a BCS bowl.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Baphomet said:

I think the hype on the 2000 Miami team is
    Yeah I get that, but if they can play "what if" why can't we? We would have been undefeated.

And as I wrote, I don't think more than 2 teams have achieved what UW achieved that season.