Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

13»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't wait to get to the pumpy board to see where the quotes came from
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Can someone tell me what part of the timeline this movie is now sitting in? Are we finally at the end of this story? How many more of these movies can Hollywood pump out? I saw the last two that were released (not the Han Solo one, which I didn't know even existed) and thought they were fine as just stand-alone movies. Only the Star Wars superiority guys give a shit about the originals and comparing those to the recent ones, etc.

Hollywood will run Star Wars into the ground. Then, they will wait a bit, hire the newest hotshot young director and reboot it.
    The only Star Wars story I’d be interested in seeing at this point would be a Ewan McGregor Obi Wan movie...maybe showing the years between Episodes III and IV.

A reboot might be the only way to salvage the franchise. I’m thinking losing the whole kiddie-friendly angle and go something grittier...like what Frank Miller/Tim Burton did with Batman.
    ANAKIN

LET HER GO
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If I could be any star was character I'd be jabba the fucking hutt. What a boss
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

"I'm sure the movie will be shit. The last one was en epic disaster. Collosal turd."

- Siskel and Cornell At The Movies

I like the sound of that!
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Can someone tell me what part of the timeline this movie is now sitting in? Are we finally at the end of this story? How many more of these movies can Hollywood pump out? I saw the last two that were released (not the Han Solo one, which I didn't know even existed) and thought they were fine as just stand-alone movies. Only the Star Wars superiority guys give a shit about the originals and comparing those to the recent ones, etc.

Hollywood will run Star Wars into the ground. Then, they will wait a bit, hire the newest hotshot young director and reboot it.
    The only Star Wars story I’d be interested in seeing at this point would be a Ewan McGregor Obi Wan movie...maybe showing the years between Episodes III and IV.

A reboot might be the only way to salvage the franchise. I’m thinking losing the whole kiddie-friendly angle and go something grittier...like what Frank Miller/Tim Burton did with Batman.
    Yes. Grittier is a good word for it. Why is Empire universally acclaimed as the best SW of all time and one of the greatest movies of all time? It was dark. It was foreboding. The good guys didn't win.

Rogue One was great because it felt alive, had the look and feel of the original 3, and because the good guys may have won but they all died to do it.

This franchise needs a serious rethink. Darker. More unknown actors. New direction. It is flailing as of now.

I want to see a Boba Fett movie that is basically Dark Knight in space, and the morally ambivalent bounty hunter wins over the white hats. Because fuck white anyway.
    Thanks for the spoiler alert asshole.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam

Never mind that there isn't a single two hour long stretch of Firefly that any Star Wars movie can hold a candle to from an entertainment standpoint.

GOAT

Never saw it before now. Just looked it up and I am not surprised it is good. Joss Whedon created and directed alot of great shows. @Swaye ...You want to tell me how this show ends as well?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Never mind that there isn't a single two hour long stretch of Firefly that any Star Wars movie can hold a candle to from an entertainment standpoint.

GOAT

Never saw it before now. Just looked it up and I am not surprised it is good. Joss Whedon created and directed alot of great shows. @Swaye ...You want to tell me how this show ends as well?
    Some of the good guys die. The whore never fucks the Captain.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I thought the last movie was decent. Not a huge Star Wars buff though so that could play a part. I can see why people who are into the lore thought it would be shitty.
    Founders Club
    Speaking of Firefly and the whore....if you were a fan of Vanessa in Deadpool, and let's face it if you have a dick you were, then you will LOVE her in Firefly. As a whore. Morena Baccarin could beat me with a tire iron if I could see her naked first.

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I can still sing the Hero of Canton song (LOL) from heart. Firefly is incredible.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Speaking of Firefly and the whore....if you were a fan of Vanessa in Deadpool, and let's face it if you have a dick you were, then you will LOVE her in Firefly. As a whore. Morena Baccarin could beat me with a tire iron if I could see her naked first.

She had an underrated role in Homeland where she played the wife of Bobby Axelrod. And nudity
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

She had an underrated role in Homeland where she played the wife of Bobby Axelrod. And nudity
    I love her.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    Swaye said:

Morena Baccarin fucking Bobby Axelrod in Epsiode 1 of Homeland is top 10 material.

And fuck the YKW flags. The Throbber is in some shitty airport restaurant on his way back to non-civilization and the G&R Compound. Can only shit poast on my phone. Bing it yourself. Always Bing for nudity. Clearly Bill is a bigger perv than Sergei.