Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One percent puppet heard from

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

He is partially right. Medicare and Medicaid had cost cutting moves under Obamacare. Social security needs to be tackled now. But all three are increasing drastically because of baby boomers.

He does leave out the moves the last two years that have hurt the deficit. Being the tax cuts, increase in military spending, repealing the individual mandate.

Feel the cost cutting:

Medicare Spending was $502 Billion in 2008 in 2017 it was $702 Billion. Medicaid Spending was $374 Billion in 2008 in 2016 it was $553 Billion. Feel the cost cutting.

This is like when Hondo blow Obama for his "fiscal austerity" because he reduced multi trillion dollar deficit spending to spending that was only $600 billion in deficit spending.

The fact that Obama jacked it up to over a trillion dollars a year in the first place is never mentioned
    Again Bob hates context. What is the cost per participant? Dontcha think there was a few more people on the program in 2017? Not to mention inflation.

You seriously are an idiot.
    Hondo loves to lie.
    Ok Bob. Explain what my lie is.
    And it's a documented fact that Trump's team met with a Russian team to discuss giving DNC emails and Hillary emails to Trump.
    So you called me a liar but won't actually say what I lied about. Pussy.
    I quoted what you lied about liar.
    Oh so that's what you were talking about. So I am right that you are an idiot and lack context on your "facts". Thanks for clarifying
    No, you’re a pathological liar that no one should ever believe a word you say.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

He is partially right. Medicare and Medicaid had cost cutting moves under Obamacare. Social security needs to be tackled now. But all three are increasing drastically because of baby boomers.

He does leave out the moves the last two years that have hurt the deficit. Being the tax cuts, increase in military spending, repealing the individual mandate.

Feel the cost cutting:

Medicare Spending was $502 Billion in 2008 in 2017 it was $702 Billion. Medicaid Spending was $374 Billion in 2008 in 2016 it was $553 Billion. Feel the cost cutting.

This is like when Hondo blow Obama for his "fiscal austerity" because he reduced multi trillion dollar deficit spending to spending that was only $600 billion in deficit spending.

The fact that Obama jacked it up to over a trillion dollars a year in the first place is never mentioned
    Again Bob hates context. What is the cost per participant? Dontcha think there was a few more people on the program in 2017? Not to mention inflation.

Hondo loves to lie.
    And it's a documented fact that Trump's team met with a Russian team to discuss giving DNC emails and Hillary emails to Trump.
    Oh so that's what you were talking about. So I am right that you are an idiot and lack context on your "facts". Thanks for clarifying
    White flag. Lil lyin Bob finally admits to blatantly lying.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Feel the cost cutting:

Hondo loves to lie.
    It's cute that you think "context" will somehow absolve you of your ubiquitous fabrications.

You are a pathological liar.

Simple fact. Case closed. End of discussion.

If you really cared about making this world a better place, you would kill yourself.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Feel the cost cutting:

Hondo loves to lie.
    Another lie from Hondo.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Feel the cost cutting:

Hondo loves to lie.
    Another lie from Hondo.
    Bob. I'll give you one more chance to show how I was lying about Medicare costs.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Feel the cost cutting:

Hondo loves to lie.
    Another lie from Hondo.
    Bob. I'll give you one more chance to show how I was lying about Medicare costs.
    Or what?

Pathological fucking liar.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

Federal revenue is at an all time high... But yeah, tax cuts!
    You've oft stated Damone that #taxationistheft . And to some extend I'd agree with you. But I tell you what - if we keep running these massive deficits - and at this point they are a bi-partisan problem - and the guvmint has to use MMT to inflate the problem away I'm gonna be pretty god damned pissed. #inflationisthefttoo
    So, here's the thing, I'm against government largess for reasons of efficiency, free markets, blah blah blah and I think anyone who has spent time in the tug knows I'm no tax and spend liberal

buuuuuuutttt we've essentially convinced the rest of the world to use our currency as the world reserve currency(for historical reasons we are probably the only meaningful country to never default on its debt, thank you George Washington). That means that we are effectively able to finance our debt at negative rates while the rest of the world gets a safe haven for their stored value.

This is like boosters offering recruits loans at negative interest rates, we can use it to buy a new camaro, a sound system, strip clubs, etc. or we could also use it to pay our tuition, buy a house, or start a business.

Sure, we can spend the excess cash on entitlements to short-term boost the consumption of a select group of citizens, or we can invest the money in areas the government is actually an effective agent at growing long term productivity(R&D for example), which will further spur GDP growth which will ultimately reduce our debt to income ratio as well.
    Yes, I'm well aware of all of the above. But I am concerned that it can't go on forever my fren. What happens when debt hits 200% of GDP and the foreigners want more interest to buy our? t-bills? To date, we've been able to service our massive debt on the cheap, but if the interest we have to pay starts to increase dramatically the slice of the pie going simply to debt service is going to get ugly.
    This is why we should be investing in things that grow production. Think of it like taking out loans for medical school or an MBA. Sure, your short term debt to income ratio will suffer but your long term earnings increase dramatically.

Paying down the current debt would be much more painful than simply growing our way out of it. Why do you think our current debt to GDP ratio is so much healthier than most of the developed world?

Also, as I said, that's why entitlements are much more dangerous than investments. You can fairly easily quit further capital investments. Ending entitlements produces riots.
    A lot the Euro fag and Japan debt issues are related to low growth because they stopped making babies.

But again we’re dealing in hypotheticals here and I think we’re past our point of growing our way out of this problem. We’ve done it twice in our relatively recent history - i.e., post WWII and in the 90s. Both periods involved massive defense spending cuts. In the former, the only entitlement was SS and most peeps died in their early 60s. In the latter we got a major boost from Moore’s Law productivity growth and Race wasn’t an AARP member yet.
    Sure, it's also because of anemic growth rates. Chicken and Egg.

So, because we have real world examples of doing it twice relatively recently in our history, it's a bad policy. Come again?

It's not as if these are random spontaneous events sprouting from the forehead of Zeus.

Shit, who in the 80's would think the internet would create the economic boom that it did? DARPA funding and research...

Or before that, personal computers. Investment and research in micro processors...

Think of the economic growth fusion, or safe fission, or true renewables would create.

AI could remake all kinds of sectors of the economy in a similar fashion.

Quantum computing, 3D printing, Biotech and bioprinting, augmented reality, private civilian rocket travel, etc.

There's plenty of places the next economic revolution could come from.
    Or the robots could enslave us. Which would also remake the economy. I like the idea of white slaves.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

You've oft stated Damone that #taxationistheft . And to some extend I'd agree with you. But I tell you what - if we keep running these massive deficits - and at this point they are a bi-partisan problem - and the guvmint has to use MMT to inflate the problem away I'm gonna be pretty god damned pissed. #inflationisthefttoo
    So, here's the thing, I'm against government largess for reasons of efficiency, free markets, blah blah blah and I think anyone who has spent time in the tug knows I'm no tax and spend liberal

buuuuuuutttt we've essentially convinced the rest of the world to use our currency as the world reserve currency(for historical reasons we are probably the only meaningful country to never default on its debt, thank you George Washington). That means that we are effectively able to finance our debt at negative rates while the rest of the world gets a safe haven for their stored value.

This is like boosters offering recruits loans at negative interest rates, we can use it to buy a new camaro, a sound system, strip clubs, etc. or we could also use it to pay our tuition, buy a house, or start a business.

Sure, we can spend the excess cash on entitlements to short-term boost the consumption of a select group of citizens, or we can invest the money in areas the government is actually an effective agent at growing long term productivity(R&D for example), which will further spur GDP growth which will ultimately reduce our debt to income ratio as well.
    Yes, I'm well aware of all of the above. But I am concerned that it can't go on forever my fren. What happens when debt hits 200% of GDP and the foreigners want more interest to buy our? t-bills? To date, we've been able to service our massive debt on the cheap, but if the interest we have to pay starts to increase dramatically the slice of the pie going simply to debt service is going to get ugly.
    This is why we should be investing in things that grow production. Think of it like taking out loans for medical school or an MBA. Sure, your short term debt to income ratio will suffer but your long term earnings increase dramatically.

Paying down the current debt would be much more painful than simply growing our way out of it. Why do you think our current debt to GDP ratio is so much healthier than most of the developed world?

Also, as I said, that's why entitlements are much more dangerous than investments. You can fairly easily quit further capital investments. Ending entitlements produces riots.
    A lot the Euro fag and Japan debt issues are related to low growth because they stopped making babies.

But again we’re dealing in hypotheticals here and I think we’re past our point of growing our way out of this problem. We’ve done it twice in our relatively recent history - i.e., post WWII and in the 90s. Both periods involved massive defense spending cuts. In the former, the only entitlement was SS and most peeps died in their early 60s. In the latter we got a major boost from Moore’s Law productivity growth and Race wasn’t an AARP member yet.

So, because we have real world examples of doing it twice relatively recently in our history, it's a bad policy. Come again?

It's not as if these are random spontaneous events sprouting from the forehead of Zeus.

Shit, who in the 80's would think the internet would create the economic boom that it did? DARPA funding and research...

Or before that, personal computers. Investment and research in micro processors...

Think of the economic growth fusion, or safe fission, or true renewables would create.

Quantum computing, 3D printing, Biotech and bioprinting, augmented reality, private civilian rocket travel, etc.

Or the robots could enslave us. Which would also remake the economy. I like the idea of white slaves.
    Or do other stuff while they enslave us

My Westworld fantasies are in overdrive.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If you haven't jerked it to Tricia ...

You might be a faggot
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2019
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Feel the cost cutting:

Hondo loves to lie.
    Another lie from Hondo.
    Hondo you're a pathological liar. No one should believe anything you say. I've shown where you've lied and I've shown why no one should believe a word you say. Hell the fact that you claimed that I admitted to blatantly lying just further supports my case.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Feel the cost cutting:

Hondo loves to lie.
    Another lie from Hondo.
    Hondo you're a pathological liar. No one should believe anything you say. I've shown where you've lied and I've shown why no one should believe a word you say. Hell the fact that you claimed that I admitted to blatantly lying just further supports my case.

So you got nothing. Got it. Idiot
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2019
    If you think that you being exposed as a pathological liar means nothing, Ok.

Hardly shocking.
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

2001400ex said:

Fusion would be a game changer and save the world. A lot of the cool shit of the past 20 years though hasn't really created the same levels of economic growth at the shit that was invented from 1870 to 1970. Indoor plumbing, HVAC, automobiles, planes, etc were far bigger game changers than anything of late.

On what level or metric do you base this on? Personal computers have probably generated a lot more economic growth in the last 40 years than HVAC has in the last 100.

You know we defunded our own partially built super collider? Would have cost less than just the CA high speed rails planning so far.

There are things the government does effectively. Let them do that. We have the money to invest. Not to is lost opportunity cost.
    The efficiency of a PC is astounding. Add on phones and other devices that are all linked and you can run a bidness from home if you're like me and not some cubicle monkey like @MariotaTheGawd

I only leave the house to visit sites and it is by far the least efficient use of my time which is quite valuable unlike some cubicle monkey like @MariotaTheGawd

We've gone from having a secretary errrrrr administrative assistant taking shorthand and typing correspondence to me and spell check sending out millions of dollars of business while posting on Hardcore Husky

Instant communication with the field. Instant response to the customer - the reason they all love me btw. It also helps that they have very little actual contact with me other than electronic. I am a millennial in that regard.

I was always a one man show even in the dark ages of fax machines and land lines. It just took me a lot longer. I was great value to the company and now still am with less time on my end and still no support staff taking up overhead

I love it
    Rent free, bitch
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Or do other stuff while they enslave us

If anyone can take down Keeley as the patron goddess of HH, it might be Tricia....

Have you seen Magic City? This chick plays a high-priced whore in it. And I love her for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

A two-fer for Throbber. It's the least I can do.
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Lunch time for the cubicle monkey

Imagine caring enough to find this post and responding to it

Guess I hit a nerve

It was in my notifications, smart guy. I dont log in for a week and guess what? You're here responding within minutes, as always. You're sad as fuck.
  • Options

Lunch time for the cubicle monkey

Imagine caring enough to find this post and responding to it

Guess I hit a nerve

It was in my notifications, smart guy. I dont log in for a week and guess what? You're here responding within minutes, as always. You're sad as fuck.
    Hey everybody: Mr. "Poof" is back.