Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why do the people who claim to care about the poor in America...

13»

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Amazing. Kids who are born to parents who are married do better than kids who are born out of wedlock. Now what were those numbers on out of wedlock births broken down by race?

I think you'll find they track pretty neatly to the numbers of kids who grow up in poverty when broken down by race.
    So the black people are poor because of bastards. Got it.
    Statistically, you and your kids are more likely to be poor if you have those kids out of wedlock no matter what your color might be.

The fact that over 70% of all blacks kids are born out of wedlock has a huge impact on the poverty rate for blacks.

Among racial and ethnic groups, African Americans had the highest poverty rate, 27.4 percent, followed by Hispanics at 26.6 percent and whites at 9.9 percent.

77% black births to single moms, 49% for Hispanic immigrants

It's no coincidence that the racial group with the lowest out of wedlock birth rates Asians, also have the lowest rates of poverty.

What's even more interesting is that these numbers track fairly neatly with any social pathology you can think of. School dropout rates, criminal activity, shitty credit scores, you name it. They all order themselves in this same pattern.

You got some nice stats there in italics. Why don't you link your source?
    Bob rarely provides a link. He doesn't want us to see the underlying information or the rest of the article.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Amazing. Kids who are born to parents who are married do better than kids who are born out of wedlock. Now what were those numbers on out of wedlock births broken down by race?

I think you'll find they track pretty neatly to the numbers of kids who grow up in poverty when broken down by race.
    Statistically, you and your kids are more likely to be poor if you have those kids out of wedlock no matter what your color might be.

The fact that over 70% of all blacks kids are born out of wedlock has a huge impact on the poverty rate for blacks.

Among racial and ethnic groups, African Americans had the highest poverty rate, 27.4 percent, followed by Hispanics at 26.6 percent and whites at 9.9 percent.

It's no coincidence that the racial group with the lowest out of wedlock birth rates Asians, also have the lowest rates of poverty.

What's even more interesting is that these numbers track fairly neatly with any social pathology you can think of. School dropout rates, criminal activity, shitty credit scores, you name it. They all order themselves in this same pattern.

If you think I'm making up the numbers you're free to say so. And Race is right, you don't give a fuck about the numbers you're just looking for an opening to cry RACIST!!!!!
    I'm not questioning the veracity of the stats, nor I'm going to call you names. Just asking for the source.

Assuming the the 77% is accurate, is that the cause or effect of poverty?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

If you think I'm making up the numbers you're free to say so. And Race is right, you don't give a fuck about the numbers you're just looking for an opening to cry RACIST!!!!!
    I'm not questioning the veracity of the stats, nor I'm going to call you names. Just asking for the source.

Since the poverty rate for blacks was far higher during the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s, then it is now and the out of wedlock birth rates for blacks in the early 60s is about what it is for whites now, I think it's pretty safe to call it the cause. If poverty caused high out of wedlock birth rates why wasn't the rate higher when poverty rates were far greater?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Since the poverty rate for blacks was far higher during the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s, then it is now and the out of wedlock birth rates for blacks in the early 60s is about what it is for whites now, I think it's pretty safe to call it the cause. If poverty caused high out of wedlock birth rates why wasn't the rate higher when poverty rates were far greater?
    So you aren't going to post a link.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

*than

So whites will be as poor as blacks because of equal out of wedlock birth rates.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Why do those dirty Italian Catholic immigrants vote for the Democrats? Or those stupid Irish immigrants? Or the Pollacks?

All those poor immigrants looking for free stuff. They're gonna VOTE (omg, save us). The end is nigh.

Fuck off.

Catholics are not supposed to vote against their beliefs.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

*than

So whites will be as poor as blacks because of equal out of wedlock birth rates.
    Yes
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019

I provide links. Which you ignore. Dumbfuck was afraid the learn something.

I provide links. Which you ignore. Dumbfuck was afraid the learn something.

¿Que?

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

*than

Yes
    When? How long will it take?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

*than

Yes
    You don't think white people are stuck in poverty due to this?

Wow

You do realize that not all Blacks are poor?

I hope
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

*than

Yes

Wow

I hope
    It must be a real shock to him to learn at this late date that there are plenty of poor white folks and that whites who have children out of wedlock also have a higher probability of living in poverty.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

*than

Yes

Wow

I hope
    It must be a real shock to him to learn at this late date that there are plenty of poor white folks and that whites who have children out of wedlock also have a higher probability of living in poverty.
    I'm shocked to learn that since the 60s the out of wedlock rates for blacks is the same as whites, but more blacks are in poverty.
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

*than

Yes

Wow

I hope
    I'm shocked to learn that since the 60s the out of wedlock rates for blacks is the same as whites, but more blacks are in poverty.
    You must have learned that from putting your head up your ass because I’ve not said that and it isn’t true.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I'm guessing, but do not know or cannot prove, that there are some externalities to consider along with those numbers. For example, as touchy a subject as it is in the Tug, the we all know that the degree of racism a typical black person had to deal with pre-Civil Rights Act was a massive disadvantage ... access to quality education, opportunity in the work place, opportunity to climb in the social strata which feeds back into work opportunity, etc. etc. Another thing to consider is that being born out of wedlock is much less of a social issue today than it was a while back. The term "bastard" isn't quite the insult today it was 60 years ago. People aren't as hung up on that kind of thing from a social/shame standpoint. If you were black and a bastard in 1930, you had two vary large weights tied to your ankles. Today, much less so.

But I also don't dispute the point intellectually. Like Robert Redford said in The Nautural, "Sure, a father makes all the difference." My wife and I have different roles raising our kids; she's better at hers and I'm better at mine. Moreover, our division of labor is such that I make sure we have financial resources, and she makes sure someone always has time for them. I think that's a better arrangement myself. And mind you, it has not always been smooth sailing even with our arrangement, which today is one of privilege (wife hasn't worked in 23 years). Anyone who raises children who says it's all good is lying to you. It tuff, even with our situation. I can't imagine footing it alone ... something would fall through the cracks.
    Agree,
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I'm guessing, but do not know or cannot prove, that there are some externalities to consider along with those numbers. For example, as touchy a subject as it is in the Tug, the we all know that the degree of racism a typical black person had to deal with pre-Civil Rights Act was a massive disadvantage ... access to quality education, opportunity in the work place, opportunity to climb in the social strata which feeds back into work opportunity, etc. etc. Another thing to consider is that being born out of wedlock is much less of a social issue today than it was a while back. The term "bastard" isn't quite the insult today it was 60 years ago. People aren't as hung up on that kind of thing from a social/shame standpoint. If you were black and a bastard in 1930, you had two vary large weights tied to your ankles. Today, much less so.

But I also don't dispute the point intellectually. Like Robert Redford said in The Nautural, "Sure, a father makes all the difference." My wife and I have different roles raising our kids; she's better at hers and I'm better at mine. Moreover, our division of labor is such that I make sure we have financial resources, and she makes sure someone always has time for the kids. I think that's a better arrangement myself. And mind you, it has not always been smooth sailing even with our arrangement, which today is one of privilege (wife hasn't worked in 23 years). Anyone who raises children who says it's all good is lying to you. It's tuff, even with our situation. I can't imagine footing it alone ... something would fall through the cracks.