Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just did my taxes...

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

What state do you live in? My effective tax rate didn't increase that much but it did increase. If you're a real high income earner here in California you are going to seriously get hammered with this new tax bill. California already soaks high income earners and with the high property taxes you're sending a lot of money to the state, no longer being able to deduct that from your Federal taxes is going to cause some real pain for some folks.

Selling RE in Bellevue, we are getting A LOT of people coming up from California to get away from astronomical income taxes ....

They're not leaving CA to get away from taxes. They're leaving because they want to cash out on their equity and buy something bigger in a lower-priced market. Many are retirees. They're able to do this because other people are willing to buy their CA property at very high prices and are willing to put up with the cost of living here because the economy is so strong.

We've known many people who have left CA. Nobody has said anything about taxes. It's all about cashing out on equity.
    That's not the story I'm hearing when I'm showing mid 7-figure to 8-figure homes - like I did today.

For the average techie moving up from the Bay Area ($1m-$3m homes), you are correct.
    That's not a very large demographic
    You said nobody. It’s certainly and substantial more than nobody. But the people you know didn’t mention taxes. So it’s nobody.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/california-companies-leave-taxes/
    I said nobody I've known. I've known several people who have moved out of state. It's never been about taxes.

C'mon D, you're better than this. You're supposed to be the WA BearsWiin, for Christs sake
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

What state do you live in? My effective tax rate didn't increase that much but it did increase. If you're a real high income earner here in California you are going to seriously get hammered with this new tax bill. California already soaks high income earners and with the high property taxes you're sending a lot of money to the state, no longer being able to deduct that from your Federal taxes is going to cause some real pain for some folks.

Selling RE in Bellevue, we are getting A LOT of people coming up from California to get away from astronomical income taxes ....

They're not leaving CA to get away from taxes. They're leaving because they want to cash out on their equity and buy something bigger in a lower-priced market. Many are retirees. They're able to do this because other people are willing to buy their CA property at very high prices and are willing to put up with the cost of living here because the economy is so strong.

We've known many people who have left CA. Nobody has said anything about taxes. It's all about cashing out on equity.
    I left Kali due to all you listed and the fact it's gone strait loon left. Protecting criminals. Releasing 60k felons from prison onto the street etc. Kali is done for me. You can have it Juan.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

That's not the story I'm hearing when I'm showing mid 7-figure to 8-figure homes - like I did today.

For the average techie moving up from the Bay Area ($1m-$3m homes), you are correct.
    You said nobody. It’s certainly and substantial more than nobody. But the people you know didn’t mention taxes. So it’s nobody.

I said nobody I've known. I've known several people who have moved out of state. It's never been about taxes.

C'mon D, you're better than this. You're supposed to be the WA BearsWiin, for Christs sake
    Many many people leave over taxes. That’s the truth. Don’t declare people don’t leave over taxes because you don’t know any. Speaking of better than that...
  • Options
    Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

I left Kali due to all you listed and the fact it's gone strait loon left. Protecting criminals. Releasing 60k felons from prison onto the street etc. Kali is done for me. You can have it Juan.
    News Frash: Sledog can't handle the MEAN STREETS of Cali

arrivederci
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

Many many people leave over taxes. That’s the truth. Don’t declare people don’t leave over taxes because you don’t know any. Speaking of better than that...
    Many people complain about taxes. People leave because of cost of living and housing prices. State tax burden is miniscule compared to those other factors, but it's fun to bitch about.

People leave all the time. More people come in to take their place because California has a vibrant and innovative economy. We'll be fine, thanks for you're concern XOXO
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

Many people complain about taxes. People leave because of cost of living and housing prices. State tax burden is miniscule compared to those other factors, but it's fun to bitch about.

People leave all the time. More people come in to take their place because California has a vibrant and innovative economy. We'll be fine, thanks for you're concern XOXO
    I’m not concerned at all. I don’t give a fuck. But saying people don’t leave over taxes is false.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

arrivederci
    No I can't stand stupid people. Recent survey reported 53% or Kalifornians want to move out.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019
    BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

It's a lot larger than one would reasonably think. It surprises me on a regular basis and I see it everyday.

There are currently 13 homes on the market over $8m between Mercer Island and West Bellevue. I wouldn't be surprised to see 6 of them sell this year. Plus a few that will come on and sell in the first half of the year.
  • Options
    pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

It's a lot larger than one would reasonably think. It surprises me on a regular basis and I see it everyday.

There are currently 13 homes on the market over $8m between Mercer Island and West Bellevue. I wouldn't be surprised to see 6 of them sell this year. Plus a few that will come on and sell in the first half of the year.

• Options
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

This isn't a good look for you. Yore* better than that.
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,511
    My income taxes went up this past year, just as Trump said they would.
    Taxes for all of my employees went down, just as Trump said they would.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

As an auditor. I'd say "nobody" is materiality correct. From your Forbes article.

“We estimate that California lost 0.04 percent of its top earner population over the two years following the tax change.”
  • Options
    Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog thinks potheads are criminals.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,183
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

Thank God he’s armed!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

Hearing about it, and writing the check to cover it are two different things.

I had my accountant run my taxes in May and December to get an estimate of were I will be. 30% cut is what it’s looking like. No surprises.
    Damn...mine’s down about 10% and I’m fired up. 30% I could only imagine...
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

I've met lots of criminal potheads.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

You think everyone who smokes pot is a criminal.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

70%
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

70%
    JeffSessionsFS
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

arrivederci
    No I can't stand stupid people. Recent survey reported 53% or Kalifornians want to move out.
    And yet they can and more easily than residents of most other states because of their home values relative to most everywhere else. What's stopping them? The survey?