Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just did my taxes...

13»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

What state do you live in? My effective tax rate didn't increase that much but it did increase. If you're a real high income earner here in California you are going to seriously get hammered with this new tax bill. California already soaks high income earners and with the high property taxes you're sending a lot of money to the state, no longer being able to deduct that from your Federal taxes is going to cause some real pain for some folks.

Selling RE in Bellevue, we are getting A LOT of people coming up from California to get away from astronomical income taxes ....

They're not leaving CA to get away from taxes. They're leaving because they want to cash out on their equity and buy something bigger in a lower-priced market. Many are retirees. They're able to do this because other people are willing to buy their CA property at very high prices and are willing to put up with the cost of living here because the economy is so strong.

We've known many people who have left CA. Nobody has said anything about taxes. It's all about cashing out on equity.
    I left Kali due to all you listed and the fact it's gone strait loon left. Protecting criminals. Releasing 60k felons from prison onto the street etc. Kali is done for me. You can have it Juan.
    News Frash: Sledog can't handle the MEAN STREETS of Cali

arrivederci
    No I can't stand stupid people. Recent survey reported 53% or Kalifornians want to move out.
    And yet they can and more easily than residents of most other states because of their home values relative to most everywhere else. What's stopping them? The survey?
    Yes values certainly help if you've owned them for a long time. A lot are moving. It's why Idaho and some other similar places are growing so fast.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

What state do you live in? My effective tax rate didn't increase that much but it did increase. If you're a real high income earner here in California you are going to seriously get hammered with this new tax bill. California already soaks high income earners and with the high property taxes you're sending a lot of money to the state, no longer being able to deduct that from your Federal taxes is going to cause some real pain for some folks.

Selling RE in Bellevue, we are getting A LOT of people coming up from California to get away from astronomical income taxes ....

They're not leaving CA to get away from taxes. They're leaving because they want to cash out on their equity and buy something bigger in a lower-priced market. Many are retirees. They're able to do this because other people are willing to buy their CA property at very high prices and are willing to put up with the cost of living here because the economy is so strong.

We've known many people who have left CA. Nobody has said anything about taxes. It's all about cashing out on equity.
    I left Kali due to all you listed and the fact it's gone strait loon left. Protecting criminals. Releasing 60k felons from prison onto the street etc. Kali is done for me. You can have it Juan.

arrivederci
    No I can't stand stupid people. Recent survey reported 53% or Kalifornians want to move out.
    And yet they can and more easily than residents of most other states because of their home values relative to most everywhere else. What's stopping them? The survey?
    Yes values certainly help if you've owned them for a long time. A lot are moving. It's why Idaho and some other similar places are growing so fast.
    "A lot" isn't very precise. A lot of people are doing a lot of things, including moving from a lot of places.

California's population growth % is slowing because it's expensive to live there. And the main reason it's expensive to live is COL, mostly home prices. That's the driver. Until it becomes cheap to move to California, that will be a trend. But if it ever gets to that, the trend will reverse.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Stay in California fuckers!!!!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Stay in California fuckers!!!!

Pump my water Trojan!
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

arrivederci
    "A lot" isn't very precise. A lot of people are doing a lot of things, including moving from a lot of places.

California's population growth % is slowing because it's expensive to live there. And the main reason it's expensive to live is COL, mostly home prices. That's the driver. Until it becomes cheap to move to California, that will be a trend. But if it ever gets to that, the trend will reverse.
    Everything is more in Kali not just housing. It's also run by raving lunatics.

Here's the survey I mentioned,

https://www.sfgate.com/expensive-san-francisco/article/move-out-of-bay-area-california-where-to-go-cost-13614119.php