Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deserves own thread: UW Recruiting Banquet

2»

Comments

• Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Latu has a lot of baby fat right now and he’s still explosive as fuck.

Sure, but there's no doubt that a 270 pound high schooler has a lot of work to do if he's going to become a truly elite edge rusher instead of the 5T kind of player that his body type seems more suited for at the moment. A 270 pounder is never going to move like Kikaha did.
    Latu ran a 4.28 shuttle...

https://hudl.com/video/3/6307259/5bf0f797664ca602ec668091

IMO you can see he's a bit slow to get going on his first step off of the dline but I think that's more coaching/scheme, awareness, or him taking time to diagnose(which can all be improved). If you look at his acceleration and change of direction on offense he's much quicker. Fuck me on his rugby highlights too.

The athleticism is there. It just needs connection to his play.
    This.

I love Latu's film, but it was super strange to watch. Like you, I thought his first step looked slow, or at least not sudden, but by his third step he is fucking flying past guys half his size and his top end speed is great. Every clip was a half second of meh followed by an oh shit he is incredible. With his frame and athleticism, I think Socha is going to turn him into an absolute beast.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But can any of these recruits ballroom dance?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    When I saw Latu’s film first thing that jumped in my mind was Myles Garrett ... his ceiling is that high IMO
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    Tequilla said:

When I saw Latu’s film first thing that jumped in my mind was Myles Garrett ... his ceiling is that high IMO

Funny how beastly that guy was, but then this was written about him, by a woman no less:

Myles Garrett, aka Looks Like Tarzan - Plays Like Jane, already hurt at Browns mini-camp

Fucking OUCH!!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

u out of all ppl should know the rules. no cross racial comparisons. go back to the IMA
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

If you are seriously comparing Latu and Benning kill yourself.

Benning was also a four star SDE. He also played tight end in high school and had some impressive offensive highlights. Just pointing that out.

If you don't see any similarities there at all, OR think I'm saying they're 100% the same player, you should light yourself on fire.

Good prospects don't always pan out. That's why we need to get more of them. Benning was a good prospect. You're being revisionary or have a recency bias if you think otherwise.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    i'm rooting for benning to bust out this coming year ... I think he's a "tweener" in that he kinda fits the position that the coaches want him to play.

He's athletic ... but perhaps not explosive like kikaha was to be able to make the plays above and beyond the containment the coaches want.

so, all in all, he's kinda unexciting but I respect him for doing what the coaches want.
  • Options
    alopeciadawgalopeciadawg Member Posts: 57
    Swaye said:

This should not have been buried in a thread about some DE who will tell us to fuck off because Kwat.

- Cameron Williams is a violent player, ala JoJo McCintosh.

Tits: