Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why Signing Day Was Important To These Five Schools

From the Athletic, UW made the list, here you go:

Washington

The 20 players Washington added during the early signing period — including 12 four-star recruits and a particularly star-studded group of defensive linemen — already qualified as a significant haul.

The Huskies’ two additions on National Signing Day only bolstered the reputation of what appears to be Chris Petersen’s best class yet.

The signings of Heimuli and Turner give the Huskies almost as many four-star recruits (14) in this year’s class as it had in Petersen’s first three UW classes combined (16). Both could be instant-impact players. The Huskies lost both of their starting safeties from last season, and Turner, listed at 6 feet 2 and 199 pounds, has the kind of size and athleticism necessary to compete for a job right away. Likewise, Heimuli steps into an inside linebacker room that just lost seniors Ben Burr-Kirven and Tevis Bartlett, and he should have every chance to crack the rotation as a true freshman.

If he can win 2 Pac-12 titles with 16 Blue Chips over his first 3 years, I wonder what he can do with 33 over his last 3 years.

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Also from the Athletic, Top 10 Most Underrated Recruits During Chris Petersen Era:

1. WR Dante Pettis, 2014 (3-star, 0.8452)
    2. CB Sidney Jones, 2014 (3-star, 0.8355)
    3. RB Myles Gaskin, 2015 (3-star, 0.8791)
    4. LB Ben Burr-Kirven, 2015 (3-star, 0.8569)
    5. DT Greg Gaines, 2014 (3-star, 0.8550)
    6. DT Vita Vea, 2014 (3-star, 0.8621)
    7. S Taylor Rapp, 2016 (3-star, 0.8722)
    8. C Nick Harris, 2016 (3-star, 0.8319)
    9. CB Myles Bryant, 2016 (3-star, 0.8321)
    10. TE Will Dissly, 2014 (2-star, 0.7824)

In this year's class, the players that would fit in with this list are:

Luciano - 0.8765
    Ngalu - 0.8714
    Ah You - 0.8693
    Tuputala - 0.8519
    Horn - 0.8223

Those 10 players listed would have all been rated worse than the top 17 players in this class.

I know I know, stars.gif

But if Pete can develop all of those players into All-Conference, All-American, and NFL type players.... I wonder what he could do in developing players with a higher base level of talent.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Interesting chit.

Just to add.

It's an interesting concept except for the idea that 3 stars developing into elite college players like pettis or vea also have to compete against 4/5 stars "ahead" of them on the roster.

That's pretty exciting as I've been fond of saying that iron sharpens iron.

Give the next two years and the. 2-3 years after that... Holy shit.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

BYRON MURPHY AND BUDDA ARE THE TWO TOP RECRUITS* PETE HAS EVER GOTTEN...

How did they do?

Guess how Trent McDuffie is going to do.

*i don’t count QBs. Their ratings are really weird and inflated.

STAY!!!!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Also from the Athletic, Top 10 Most Underrated Recruits During Chris Petersen Era:

1. WR Dante Pettis, 2014 (3-star, 0.8452)
    2. CB Sidney Jones, 2014 (3-star, 0.8355)
    3. RB Myles Gaskin, 2015 (3-star, 0.8791)
    4. LB Ben Burr-Kirven, 2015 (3-star, 0.8569)
    5. DT Greg Gaines, 2014 (3-star, 0.8550)
    6. DT Vita Vea, 2014 (3-star, 0.8621)
    7. S Taylor Rapp, 2016 (3-star, 0.8722)
    8. C Nick Harris, 2016 (3-star, 0.8319)
    9. CB Myles Bryant, 2016 (3-star, 0.8321)
    10. TE Will Dissly, 2014 (2-star, 0.7824)

In this year's class, the players that would fit in with this list are:

Luciano - 0.8765
    Ngalu - 0.8714
    Ah You - 0.8693
    Tuputala - 0.8519
    Horn - 0.8223

Those 10 players listed would have all been rated worse than the top 17 players in this class.

I know I know, stars.gif

But if Pete can develop all of those players into All-Conference, All-American, and NFL type players.... I wonder what he could do in developing players with a higher base level of talent.

I did a graph and posted it on here a while ago showing some really happy news for UW fans that they cannot seem to comprehend...

When you look at how well Pete’s recruits do, it is VERY HIGHLY correlated with their ranking. This is the narrative that needs to be emphasized- not the stupid “we turn 2 stars into first rounders!” Bullshit.

When Pete has gotten highly rated players they’ve out-performed his low rated recruits.

By a lot!

The problem is everyone is a retard and thinks of the exceptions and highlight surprises.

As a simple test, the top half of his classes MASSIVELY out-perform the bottom halves.

So - the narrative need not be “what if he gets good players!! Imagine!!”

We’ve had them! Byron Murphy, Budda Baker, Kaleb McGary won the Morris trophy. Trey Adams has been a stud.

It’s fucking silly to look at it any other way.
    You seem to know what you’re talking about.

You should post here more often.
    @Dennis_DeYoung should consider building his own website that is dedicated to something like this. Dont you think @DoogCourics ?