Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Michigan State is where the Rubber Meets the Road

2»

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,638
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

You guys talked like you called the Deboer hire and knew it would be good. Come on. Great pod otherwise haha

I didn't say that.
    I don’t know what else to say than Joey and I were talking about how the Fresno State coach would be a good and realistic hire even before the Great Sacrifice of Ruperake. I always thought it was a good but unspectacular hire and have only really been uneasy when the coordinator and assistant hires were mostly disappointing and recruiting was a cemetery.

We’re two weeks in with games against Terrible programs. We have a long way to go.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

You guys talked like you called the Deboer hire and knew it would be good. Come on. Great pod otherwise haha

I didn't say that.
    I don’t know what else to say than Joey and I were talking about how the Fresno State coach would be a good and realistic hire even before the Great Sacrifice of Ruperake. I always thought it was a good but unspectacular hire and have only really been uneasy when the coordinator and assistant hires were mostly disappointing and recruiting was a cemetery.

We’re two weeks in with games against Terrible programs. We have a long way to go.
    Yes for sure. As for me, I remember wanting Campbell and saying that DeBoer's resume looked good and if we couldn't have a big-name splash he would be better than a lot of other candidates out there, albeit it would feel like we were going on the cheap (especially after Jen said money was not an issue). But I've never said I called the DeBoer hire and advocated for it all along.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited September 2022

I’ll address the elephant in the room. Road dawg (Joe?) is a slow talker, takes ages to make a point, rambles with long pauses between incoherent statements. Dude is making this podcast difficult to listen to.

Otherwise great podcast!

I’ll address the elephant in the room, you add nothing here and if anything detract from the boards.
    *boreds. Noob
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I didn't say that.

Yes for sure. As for me, I remember wanting Campbell and saying that DeBoer's resume looked good and if we couldn't have a big-name splash he would be better than a lot of other candidates out there, albeit it would feel like we were going on the cheap (especially after Jen said money was not an issue). But I've never said I called the DeBoer hire and advocated for it all along.
    True. That's about how I remember it
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’ll address the elephant in the room. Road dawg (Joe?) is a slow talker, takes ages to make a point, rambles with long pauses between incoherent statements. Dude is making this podcast difficult to listen to.

Otherwise great podcast!

I’ll address the elephant in the room, you add nothing here and if anything detract from the boards.
    *boreds. Noob
    Post your pod here please
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tupatala ruptured his Achilles after ZTF and looks pretty good right now.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tupatala ruptured his Achilles after ZTF and looks pretty good right now.

He's doing a lot better than I expected, given that his only other offers out of HS were from Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah St