Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It’s that time of the year..

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

dannarc said:

Fat fucks wearing cargo shorts, crocs/flip flops and sloppy looking NFL jerseys with other mens names on the back.

You aren’t wrong, but UW has one of the softest wine and cheese crowd I’ve ever been around. Blue hairs listening to the call with the Cuba Goodint radio head sets with their wife knitting during the game.

Maybe ten years ago there was the smell of weed and over half of the crowd in my general vicinity was visible butthurt. It’s a trade off. I guess the Husky crowd is slightly less annoying.
    You should have been there in the late 80's through mid 90's. Fights would break out during apple cup/whoregon games, smell of weed, whole sections buzzed from dudes bringing in booze. We would talk shit to everyone, except the little old lady knitting. We have some of the finest wine and cheese in the country now, stay classy my fren
    In 50+ years the only time i say knitting was at BYU

Blue hairs this and that blah blah blah. What's most annoying now is fucking millennials and Gen Z who have their face buried in their god damn phone all game. If not taking selfies and engrossed in their phone, they are chit chatting with everyone within 6 feet.

For every annoying old lady listening to a radio broadcast, there has to be 10,000 people in their phone.

Yesterday in my section younger people started showing up toward the end of the 1st quarter. Not weed smoking trash talkers who were getting hammered at a tailgate prior. Mostly people who didn't give a fuck. People with babies wearing huge ear muffs with mom texting non stop. People who took 15 minutes trying to get to their seat. Figuring out at some point they were in the wrong section. Some actually sprawled out over 2-3 seats. Etc.
    What kind of an idiot brings a baby to a football game?
    Probably the only 1 pm kick all year, cheap secondary market tickets. Only chance for parents with young kids to make a game. Why do you think I went?
    Did you make sure and get industrial strength ear protection on your 7 month old?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,191
    The anti-jersey at all costs crowd is trying way too hard.

dannarc said:

Fat fucks wearing cargo shorts, crocs/flip flops and sloppy looking NFL jerseys with other mens names on the back.

You aren’t wrong, but UW has one of the softest wine and cheese crowd I’ve ever been around. Blue hairs listening to the call with the Cuba Goodint radio head sets with their wife knitting during the game.

Maybe ten years ago there was the smell of weed and over half of the crowd in my general vicinity was visible butthurt. It’s a trade off. I guess the Husky crowd is slightly less annoying.
    You should have been there in the late 80's through mid 90's. Fights would break out during apple cup/whoregon games, smell of weed, whole sections buzzed from dudes bringing in booze. We would talk shit to everyone, except the little old lady knitting. We have some of the finest wine and cheese in the country now, stay classy my fren

Blue hairs this and that blah blah blah. What's most annoying now is fucking millennials and Gen Z who have their face buried in their god damn phone all game. If not taking selfies and engrossed in their phone, they are chit chatting with everyone within 6 feet.

For every annoying old lady listening to a radio broadcast, there has to be 10,000 people in their phone.

Yesterday in my section younger people started showing up toward the end of the 1st quarter. Not weed smoking trash talkers who were getting hammered at a tailgate prior. Mostly people who didn't give a fuck. People with babies wearing huge ear muffs with mom texting non stop. People who took 15 minutes trying to get to their seat. Figuring out at some point they were in the wrong section. Some actually sprawled out over 2-3 seats. Etc.
    Probably the only 1 pm kick all year, cheap secondary market tickets. Only chance for parents with young kids to make a game. Why do you think I went?
    Did you make sure and get industrial strength ear protection on your 7 month old?
    With 25k fans? Lol, no. Kid is also 4 years old.

dannarc said:

Did you at least get the kid an Ivars Tanker? Or perhaps a $8 sugar water and ice with a splash of lemon?

It’s ok if you’re a jersey wearer. Lots of people are susceptible to following bad marketing trends and don’t mind looking like an idiot. Who do you have, Metcalf or Lockett? Or maybe just sticking with 12?

dannarc said:

Did you at least get the kid an Ivars Tanker? Or perhaps a $8 sugar water and ice with a splash of lemon?
    Dippin' Dots, of course.
    Good call. No mess.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363
    Before I got married(I know) my wife had a Bobby Wagner jersey, I told her I didn't appreciate her wearing another dudes name, she looked at me like I was crazy. I probably shouldn't care about stupid shit like that, but I just think it's weird for somebody to wear another person's name. If your under 10yrs old then it's cool I guess..
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    dannarc said:

Before I got married(I know) my wife had a Bobby Wagner jersey, I told her I didn't appreciate her wearing another dudes name, she looked at me like I was crazy. I probably shouldn't care about stupid shit like that, but I just think it's weird for somebody to wear another person's name. If your under 10yrs old then it's cool I guess..

Just sounds racist
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    I'll wear a jersey half the time, I don't give a fuck.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,538 Swaye's Wigwam
    I have a bunch of jerseys and usually when I wear them to games it's late in the year and I have a jacket on anyways.

But the only thing cringe to me is not the grown males wearing them, it's that 90% are wearing Ty and Sark era jerseys. The Pete ones look shitty but at least they're John Ross jerseys and have some actual good memories attached to them.
    LawDawg1 said:

dannarc said:

Just sounds racist
    Nah, probably more chauvinistic than anything
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    haie said:

I have a bunch of jerseys and usually when I wear them to games it's late in the year and I have a jacket on anyways.

But the only thing cringe to me is not the grown males wearing them, it's that 90% are wearing Ty and Sark era jerseys. The Pete ones look shitty but at least they're John Ross jerseys and have some actual good memories attached to them.

baseball jerseys and throwback football/nba jerseys are the only cool jerseys. Football jerseys look weird and are cut like shit 100% of the time.

dannarc said:

Sounds like you guys have a healthy relationship! You don’t sound like a possessive weirdo at all!
    That's what she said!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    dannarc said:

dannarc said:

Sounds like you guys have a healthy relationship! You don’t sound like a possessive weirdo at all!
    That's what she said!
    well maybe you should listen to her

It’s ok if you’re a jersey wearer. Lots of people are susceptible to following bad marketing trends and don’t mind looking like an idiot. Who do you have, Metcalf or Lockett? Or maybe just sticking with 12?
    Signed Emmitt Smith and Jason Witten jerseys. Don't wear them. I also don't think people look out of place wearing them to a game.

dannarc said:

dannarc said:

That's what she said!
    well maybe you should listen to her
    Yeah, i remember my not listening to her phase
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

Jerseys are embarrassing.

FTFY

Signed Emmitt Smith and Jason Witten jerseys. Don't wear them. I also don't think people look out of place wearing them to a game.
    We get it, you're a jersey guy.