Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wall St Continues to Bleed

thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,546
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Down 3000 in 3 weeks.

Down 5300 for the year.

Little chance of the DJI gaining a single point in 2022 and a bottom out of 2500 isn’t out of the question before years end.

Don’t expect a rosey picture from the Fed Reserve tomorrow.

India market inflows surging

US housing market slowing to a crawl. 20M households now cannot pay mortgage due to inflationary pressures in utilities and HH goods.

But we aren’t in a recession….

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Down 3000 in 3 weeks.

Down 5300 for the year.

Little chance of the DJI gaining a single point in 2022 and a bottom out of 2500 isn’t out of the question before years end.

Don’t expect a rosey picture from the Fed Reserve tomorrow.

India market inflows surging

US housing market slowing to a crawl. 20M households now cannot pay mortgage due to inflationary pressures in utilities and HH goods.

But we aren’t in a recession….

No recession. Did you see the jobs report? You're using old thinking.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    Founders Club
    Sold off all of my stocks, save for my O'Reilly's stock which is up on the year, in late-December or early-January and have been sitting tight.

Have not bought the dip because it keeps dipping.
  • Options
    Down another 100 points this morning.

Fed focused on tamping inflation means more rate hikes. But Joe, Nancy, and Chuck need the price of milk and eggs to come down ahead of the midterms.

Their voters aren’t investors anyway so fuck em.

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

Down another 100 points this morning.

Fed focused on tamping inflation means more rate hikes. But Joe, Nancy, and Chuck need the price of milk and eggs to come down ahead of the midterms.

Their voters aren’t investors anyway so fuck em.

Putin.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,290
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We are going to take one of the 401K's and invest in real estate. Enough of this roller coaster ride when rats are in charge. Biden is not doing one thing to strengthen our country or economy and I don't want to be dependent upon a global economy run by despots who would like nothing more than to see us crash and burn.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,859
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Aren’t we all just supposed to buy the dip?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Herr Dazzler bought the dip 2500 points ago.
  • Options

We are going to take one of the 401K's and invest in real estate. Enough of this roller coaster ride when rats are in charge. Biden is not doing one thing to strengthen our country or economy and I don't want to be dependent upon a global economy run by despots who would like nothing more than to see us crash and burn.

Sell low buy high. Good strategy
    Is that what you do? If so stop being stupid.

The market here is going down. When the time is right we will invest.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm in Tulips now
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

Not what I do, but sounds like your approach.

If you would have sold your stock portfolio in 2009 and bought real estate you’d of had the benefit of a collapsed real estate market. But even still you would have missed 300% stock market growth in that time frame.(S&P) If you sell now maybe it’s near the bottom, maybe not, but one thing is certain, while real estate has softened some, there is no excitation of a 2008 type correction

Sounds like you’re trouble with the emotions of the ups and downs of the stock market
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    It's gonna drop a lot more.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,859
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

It's gonna drop a lot more.

Agreed, probably another 20-25%.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I need stalk tips from genius Hhusky to buy the dip
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Bob_C said:

Herr Dazzler bought the dip 2500 points ago.
    He bought more today too
  • Options
    edited September 2022

If you would have sold your stock portfolio in 2009 and bought real estate you’d of had the benefit of a collapsed real estate market. But even still you would have missed 300% stock market growth in that time frame.(S&P) If you sell now maybe it’s near the bottom, maybe not, but one thing is certain, while real estate has softened some, there is no excitation of a 2008 type correction

Sounds like you’re trouble with the emotions of the ups and downs of the stock market
    Can you be a bigger dick? I have no idea how old you are. I am guessing 16.

I am approaching a pre determined retirement you dumbass. We are taking 25% of our retirement income and we are going to invest in two rental homes. We will get $2500 to 4500 a month in rental income for each property. That is regardless of the stock market. We will pay down our 401K quickly and the rest is income to live on.

We will do it at the right time and make sure it is done with intelligence and foresight, something you clearly lack. For anyone reading this post, this asshole is a n immature idiot who likes to make himself feel good by accusing others of doing things they would never do.

Fucking idiot.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Can you be a bigger dick? I have no idea how old you are. I am guessing 16.

I am approaching a pre determined retirement you dumbass. We are taking 25% of our retirement income and we are going to invest in two rental homes. We will get $2500 to 4500 a month in rental income for each property. That is regardless of the stock market. We will pay down our 401K quickly and the rest is income to live on.

We will do it at the right time and make sure it is done with intelligence and foresight, something you clearly lack. For anyone reading this post, this asshole is a n immature idiot who likes to make himself feel good by accusing others of doing things they would never do.

Fucking idiot.
    Do mean that you are borrowing from 401-k?

My view, and it’s just that, a view, is that the economy will be bigger in 10 year’s time. There will be a lot of up and down between now and then, but I’m long on the US economy.

Tech continues to print money. We have a correction happening and that may continue or get worse. Nobody knows. But long-term I like the US economy.

My uncle takes your approach and has done rentals for years.
  • Options
    Dow taking a 750 point bath this morning.

Carnage.