Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Perhaps there's still some people with nad in Seattle

2»

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,201
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

TXDawg said:

It would be a big help to the country if Asians got off the bench politically.

Asians remind me of Jews, family oriented, smart, motivated to succeed and then seem inherently collectivist and submissive to a ruling elite. Both the Asians and Jews gave NYC back to the dems for god knows what reason and now look at it.
    Beaten into submission by their culture.
    And then having the gall to feel morally superior about the destruction of our cities and country.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

The left has always hated Asians. They are brown "people of color" and are an American success story who don't need the leftist politicians hand outs.

Notice how blacks say they need black teachers so the kids need a teacher "who looks like them" in order to succeed. How many successful Asians had Asian teachers? They don't give a fuck or make excuses. They do the work.

Asians refute every excuse the left has for black under achievement. If systemic white racism explains all the ills of the black community, how do you account for the fact that Asians, on average, perform equal to or in many cases better than white people?
    Asians are the SEC of minorities.

It just means more.
    Generally speaking they're still very family-centered. Mom and dad still together, relatives helping each other. High standards for the kids in school. Etc.
    I have nothing but praise for Asians. Even the ones who can't drive.

Sorry, Roady, but you know it's true.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,201
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

The Japanese were rounded up and put into camps in the 40’s.

Before that The Chinese built most of the railroads of the West for basically nothing.

Somehow I’ve missed all of their looting and rioting.

I’m not saying it was right.

I’m just saying that America is still the land of opportunity and it’s not really close.

Our next door neighbor was a Japanese American and he and his family were interned during World War II by FDR. They let him out in 1944 so he could go fight the Germans and Italians in Italy. Had his medals displayed in the living room. His family owned a square block in downtown Portland and a large vegetable farm. Wasn't noticeably pissed about anything and flew the American flag on all the holidays. My assistant boy scout master was Japanese-American who was living with his family in Honolulu when Pearl Harbor happened. His family was repatriated to Japan. He was in a hospital in Nagasaki recovering from an appendectomy when the city was nuked. He was a senior VP for one of the Oregon banks. His kids were great kids and very active in sports. His daughter won a state volleyball title at West Linn and went on and played for Oregon. Again, no evidence of resentment. They appreciated the opportunity to succeed in America despite setbacks and took advantage of it. Not slavery, but then this was in the 1940s (one interned and one nuked by the US) and yet despite white systemic institutional racism they were super successful in the late 1960s.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2022

Kaepsknee said:

The Japanese were rounded up and put into camps in the 40’s.

Before that The Chinese built most of the railroads of the West for basically nothing.

Somehow I’ve missed all of their looting and rioting.

I’m not saying it was right.

I’m just saying that America is still the land of opportunity and it’s not really close.

Our next door neighbor was a Japanese American and he and his family were interned during World War II by FDR. They let him out in 1944 so he could go fight the Germans and Italians in Italy. Had his medals displayed in the living room. His family owned a square block in downtown Portland and a large vegetable farm. Wasn't noticeably pissed about anything and flew the American flag on all the holidays. My assistant boy scout master was Japanese-American who was living with his family in Honolulu when Pearl Harbor happened. His family was repatriated to Japan. He was in a hospital in Nagasaki recovering from an appendectomy when the city was nuked. He was a senior VP for one of the Oregon banks. His kids were great kids and very active in sports. His daughter won a state volleyball title at West Linn and went on and played for Oregon. Again, no evidence of resentment. They appreciated the opportunity to succeed in America despite setbacks and took advantage of it. Not slavery, but then this was in the 1940s (one interned and one nuked by the US) and yet despite white systemic institutional racism they were super successful in the late 1960s.
    They resented it. All of it. If you put your feet in the shoes of those men at the time, you’d have resentment.

But they got past that. They were first generation. And the culture that they? came from was Collectivism. And they? used that concept here to succeed and move forward. Not unlike the start of the Mexican wave here in the Willamette Valley. They live(d) 8 deep in a one BR apartment and pooled their money to buy a house.

The moral to my sonnet here is not that Collectivism is the way to go. It’s more to the idea that people can do and achieve anything they truly want to in this country, if they have the desire, talent and a little help from their friends and family.
    Not to mention a little luck.

It doesn’t matter what color your skin is.

Wait a minute though. Maybe SELECTIVE Collectivism the way to go t. Just between your inner circle. It has worked well for Immigrants for sure.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,364
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    My German elderly neighbor had both his parents killed in the bombings of Germany in WWII his father was drafted into the German army. He joined the US military in Germany as a translator. Became a US citizen and moved tot the US with his wife. Fantastic people and wonderful neighbors. Boy scout troop leader, devout Catholic, 5 kids and they absolutely loved America. His wife started a local nonprofit Life Center and ran it for many years. He died recently and the world lost a hell of a guy.