Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How will the Seahawks WR position play out?

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
edited May 2014 in NFL Talk
A lot of players with the Richardson and Norwood picks. I think both rooks (I like to call new players rooks) make the squad and Sidney Rice will be asked to LEAVE!

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Kearse may have to outplay one of the rookies.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Take it to the Seahawks WR Bored.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Mods? NFL bored?

Kearse is a lock to make the roster. Has proven he can make big plays, cheap and can play special teams.

Harvin, Baldwin, Richardson and Kearse are locks. Norwood, Matthews(CFL guy) and Rice all fighting for one spot IMO.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    You're probably 81% right.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

Take it to the Seahawks WR Bored.

Yup I PLSSd this one.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 61,944 Founders Club

Mods? NFL bored?

done and done.

If Cuntwaffle does it again, he's gone. There won't even be a warning.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    pat_hm said:

Kearse was absolutely HUGE for the Hawks last season and he saved Schneider's ass. Fourth Round pick Chris Harper was a major bust and bad fit for the hawks. He was supposed to be that big, dominate outside receiver we've been searching for. That never happened and he left the team. Too intimidated. Kearse essentially filled that void, and with Rice and Harvin hurt for most of the season helped solidify the depth at WR. Instead of crying and quitting, Kearse thrived in practice and clearly got better throughout the season.

Without Kearse I'm not sure we go on the run we did. This isn't doog talk, its fact. Game winning catch vs Carolina, game winning TD catch vs the Niners in the NFC championship game; opportune first downs throughout the season. Lasik sure seemed to help.

Schneider learned from his Harper mistake and did his due diligence with Richardson and Norwood. I think that they're going to be great fits for the Hawks and will turn the position into a strength for years to come.

When Kearse was at UW he wasn't that consistent but he made huge plays time and time again. The first sign was that long TD against BYU in 2008. He saved Locker's career with many huge catches in 2010. He is a great deep threat and good underneath. He's become a complete receiver.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited May 2014
    if rice makes the team I'd be disappointed. It would mean Norwood didn't do enough to earn his spot, because the locks are Baldwin, Harvin, and Kearse, and then Richardson, norwood, rice, and mathews are fighting for 2 spots.
    If they go with richardson and norwood it would be interesting, but if they go with matthews and richardson it would also be interesting. Either way it will be interesting

pat_hm said:

Kearse was absolutely HUGE for the Hawks last season and he saved Schneider's ass. Fourth Round pick Chris Harper was a major bust and bad fit for the hawks. He was supposed to be that big, dominate outside receiver we've been searching for. That never happened and he left the team. Too intimidated. Kearse essentially filled that void, and with Rice and Harvin hurt for most of the season helped solidify the depth at WR. Instead of crying and quitting, Kearse thrived in practice and clearly got better throughout the season.

Without Kearse I'm not sure we go on the run we did. This isn't doog talk, its fact. Game winning catch vs Carolina, game winning TD catch vs the Niners in the NFC championship game; opportune first downs throughout the season. Lasik sure seemed to help.

Schneider learned from his Harper mistake and did his due diligence with Richardson and Norwood. I think that they're going to be great fits for the Hawks and will turn the position into a strength for years to come.

When Kearse was at UW he wasn't that consistent but he made huge plays time and time again. The first sign was that long TD against BYU in 2008. He saved Locker's career with many huge catches in 2010. He is a great deep threat and good underneath. He's become a complete receiver.
    He always brings up the lasik surgery he got post college and it sure looks like it helped the dropping passes thing.

Jermaine Kearse is the perfect example of Sark "developing" talent. Kearse got worse (LOL!) his senior year and looked like he didn't have much more of a career in football after going into his senior season as one of the better WRs in the nation.

Then he gets on a team with a real coach in Pete Carroll who not only coached him up to be good enough to make the roster, but also be an extremely solid contributor to the team. Kearse always seems to be the go to guy on the big plays.

Watching Kearse play to his potential has been really cool to see. He is now a super bowl champ only 2 years into his career which is looking like it will be lengthy.

I always use Kearse in DoogFS arguments about Sark.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 61,944 Founders Club
    and that's why I wonder what Carroll might do to aid Keith Price's career

I can't really see him making the team. They will probably only have Russ and Tavaris on the roster... he would have to beat out Pryor too

I could see him being a quality practice squad guy that could eventually in a season or 2 have a shot at the roster when TJack is gone. He is friends with Russell so he will be able to learn from one of the best.

I can't really see him making the team. They will probably only have Russ and Tavaris on the roster... he would have to beat out Pryor too

I could see him being a quality practice squad guy that could eventually in a season or 2 have a shot at the roster when TJack is gone. He is friends with Russell so he will be able to learn from one of the best.
    I mostly agree, but will add that with a year of experience, Price will be better than anything Jackson has to offer.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Kearse is a lock to make the roster. Has proven he can make big plays, cheap and can play special teams.

Harvin, Baldwin, Richardson and Kearse are locks. Norwood, Matthews(CFL guy) and Rice all fighting for one spot IMO.
    I think they're fighting for two spots. I think they keep 6 this year because of Harvin's injury issues. They want insurance.

Norwood is making this team. Lock. Matthews, Rice and Lockette are fighting for the last spot. My money's on Rice but I'd be happier with Matthews. I suppose it's possible they keep 5 and try and sneak Matthews and Lockette onto the practice squad and see whichever one they can get away with stashing. I still think they keep 6.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Agreed. Almost impossible for Price or Daniels to make the team.

dnc said:

I think they're fighting for two spots. I think they keep 6 this year because of Harvin's injury issues. They want insurance.

Norwood is making this team. Lock. Matthews, Rice and Lockette are fighting for the last spot. My money's on Rice but I'd be happier with Matthews. I suppose it's possible they keep 5 and try and sneak Matthews and Lockette onto the practice squad and see whichever one they can get away with stashing. I still think they keep 6.
    Completely disagree. Keeping 6 WR's for a ground and pound team like Seattle is a huge stretch. They also like to keep extra TE's as well.

I don't think Norwood is anything close to a lock.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I think Price has a better chance than some of you think. He will be on the practice squad if he's not the #2. Reading between the lines, they don't want to pay Jackson. If Pryor or Price are close to as good, they will be the #2.

I could also see Jackson winning the back up job, Pryor getting cut, and Price making the practice squad. Carroll has already praised Price for his minicamp performance. The real test will be how Price performs with a pass rush in his face. That was certainly his weakness at UW.

I think Price has a better chance than some of you think. He will be on the practice squad if he's not the #2. Reading between the lines, they don't want to pay Jackson. If Pryor or Price are close to as good, they will be the #2.

I could also see Jackson winning the back up job, Pryor getting cut, and Price making the practice squad. Carroll has already praised Price for his minicamp performance. The real test will be how Price performs with a pass rush in his face. That was certainly his weakness at UW.

I think Price is competing for practice squad. I don't think they would feel comfortable with him being the #2.

I think he's competing with Daniel for that spot. While Pryor and Jackson are a separate competition which is backup QB or gone.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    I'm not impressed with Norwood's college highlights - no yards after the catch...he just jumps up, catches it and falls down every time. I think they keep an extra WR this year in case Baldwin wants too much.