Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Roon

Doesn’t anyone use Roon?

https://roonlabs.com/

It looks good, but worth it?

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Never heard of it, so consider this meaningless feedback, but I don't use Tidal or whatever the other thing is that they say they work with so that would keep me from considering it (assuming it doesn't work w/any other file / streaming services).

Roon organizes all your music – both files and streaming content from TIDAL and Qobuz – to create an interconnected digital library enhanced with rich metadata, including artists photos, bios, album reviews, credits, lyrics, concert dates, and insanely good recommendations.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I own all my digital music and control the content (spend too much time doing this), I don’t use streaming music, so that is not the big win for me. I’m interested in the additional content they have, and the ability to improve the sound.

I’m looking to finally get a real stereo system setup. I want to keep and improve the sound of my digital music as much as possible as I just have too much invested. Maybe, over time, add some vinyl for top all time favorites.

I will continue to ask questions about people’s setup as I’ve been out of the audio area for so long, I now feel lost.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,964
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Streaming is for fags.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

I own all my digital music and control the content (spend too much time doing this), I don’t use streaming music, so that is not the big win for me. I’m interested in the additional content they have, and the ability to improve the sound.

I’m looking to finally get a real stereo system setup. I want to keep and improve the sound of my digital music as much as possible as I just have too much invested. Maybe, over time, add some vinyl for top all time favorites.

I will continue to ask questions about people’s setup as I’ve been out of the audio area for so long, I now feel lost.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/discover seems to be the best option for streaming high rez digital files .

Getting a good quality DAC and you're off to the races
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My question is, can the DAC hook directly to my iMac?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Obviously there are different price points for DACS, but you need to be about $500 give or take to get into some hi fi sounds. Cambridge Audio is CCP made, but very high quality and sounds great.

I don't have a DAC other than the one in my CD player, but I'm anti CCP high fi and would probably try to track down something made in Japan or England or USA. That will set up back more.