Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rick Beato: "In the Room with Nirvana and Soundgarden: The Krist Novoselic, Kim Thayil & Jack Endin"

Listened to the whole thing whilst I worked. Good chit. Novoselic still a goofball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbrXN7x623U

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Will listen tonight.
  • Options
    StateChampWereUStateChampWereU Member Posts: 39
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2022
    Novoselic walked into Seafirst in the U District in 93 and I helped him get $ to buy a Harley. I had no idea how who he was. It was a cash withdrawal over 10k and I had to fill out a federal money laundering form and ask his occupation and what he was going to do with the $. I only later realized who he was when I saw Nirvana play on SNL weeks later. True story.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rick has a really fun U Toob channel
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2022
    About 10-12 years ago, went to a bar in Eastlake to listen to music. It was a Brazilian band, and they were pretty good. During a break, a guy came up to get a drink and sat down next to me at the bar. We started talking about the band, and music in general. After about 10 minutes, he gets up to go, and turns back around to ask "What's the last song you listened to that was your choice?" I said something, and as he left, my wife said "Who was that?" (she can read my body language). It was Jack Endino, and it hit me as he was walking away...seemed like a good dude, kinda dorky, but so am I about music...csb
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Novoselic walked into Seafirst in the U District in 93 and I helped him get $ to buy a Harley. I had no idea how who he was. It was a cash withdrawal over 10k and I had to fill out a federal money laundering form and ask his occupation and what he was going to do with the $. I only later realized who he was when I saw Nirvana play on SNL weeks later. True story.

Isn't it something that we have to notify the government what we plan to do with our own money?
  • Options
    StateChampWereUStateChampWereU Member Posts: 39
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Isn't it something that we have to notify the government what we plan to do with our own money?
    Yeah - not sure its still the case, though likely is. I did literally have to ask him his occupation (he said "musician") and why he was withdrawing the 12k or whatever it was, and wrote it on the form, which went some federal agency.