Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Welp OKC is done

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10943844/serge-ibaka-oklahoma-city-thunder-expected-miss-rest-postseason-calf-injury

I don't think they can survive Ibaka being out for the postseason. This isn't as deadly as last year with Westbrook but still costly.

I'm switching my OKC in 6 pick to Spurs in 6 now.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I thought this was in reference to Chris Welp.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Good. I couldn't handle another Heat cruise control title. At least the Spurs can challenge them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Good. I couldn't handle another Heat cruise control title. At least the Spurs can challenge them.

Heat have never had a cruise control title.

I think Spurs beat Miami unless Parker is more injured than they are letting on.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can't see the Heat cruising no matter who they play. The OKC-SA series will still be great. Both teams will go small. Nick Collison is still a solid veteran and Steven Adams has been looking pretty good.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The heat won't cruise but the spurs have the much better shot at beating them
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I thought this was in reference to Chris Welp.

Ahh The German years.

• Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    Spurs win it all rather easily
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Spurs win it all rather easily

Say 135-117?
  • Options

I can't see the Heat cruising no matter who they play. The OKC-SA series will still be great. Both teams will go small. Nick Collison is still a solid veteran and Steven Adams has been looking pretty good.

That was in one game though. Can they sustain it the whole series against Duncan? Problem is the Spurs play two bigs so you can't cheat and go small or you'll be pounded inside.

Against Miami they would almost be better off going Durant and four small guys since Bosh plays on the perimeter anyways. If you put Adams or Collison on Bosh he'll just light you up on the outside all series long.

We'll see what Westbrook/Durant are made of. Miami lost Bosh for five games in the Indiana series as well as four games in the boston series. Wade/Lebron played their best ball as a duo during that stretch.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That was in one game though. Can they sustain it the whole series against Duncan? Problem is the Spurs play two bigs so you can't cheat and go small or you'll be pounded inside.

Against Miami they would almost be better off going Durant and four small guys since Bosh plays on the perimeter anyways. If you put Adams or Collison on Bosh he'll just light you up on the outside all series long.

We'll see what Westbrook/Durant are made of. Miami lost Bosh for five games in the Indiana series as well as four games in the boston series. Wade/Lebron played their best ball as a duo during that stretch.
    It's definitely a loss, but I don't think Ibaka is really the deciding factor for the Thunder.They need Durant and Westbrook to go off. Just like you said, they need them to play their best ball. They still have a good chance to win the series if that happens.
  • Options

It's definitely a loss, but I don't think Ibaka is really the deciding factor for the Thunder.They need Durant and Westbrook to go off. Just like you said, they need them to play their best ball. They still have a good chance to win the series if that happens.
    I thought it was a toss up series anyways so Ibaka being out I think is enough to do them in. I really can't see them beating Miami now without Ibaka. His defense is huge not to mention he chips in 15 a game. OKC has problems scoring and will really have problems now.

I don't see them winning against the Spurs unless Durant/Westbrook average a combined 65 a game which they are both capable of doing.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I am for NBA threads, but against the use of the word "welp"
  • Options
    *BUMP*

Playing Durant at the 4 is going to kill OKC this series. He looked done by the time the 4th rolled around.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    Spurs vs Pacers in June will be special
  • Options

Spurs vs Pacers in June will be special

That's when you know David Stern is officially retired if that series exists.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

*BUMP*

Playing Durant at the 4 is going to kill OKC this series. He looked done by the time the 4th rolled around.

I thought the defense they played in the 3rd was also a part of that. Without an elite rim protector like Ibaka they played D a lot like Miami for the first 9 minutes of that quarter. Just swarming everywhere. But there's a reason why Miami only dials that up for short stretches. It wears you the fuck out.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Is it too much to ask for the Thunder to get swept by the Spurs AND Awbrey and Clay Clay die in a refinery explosion?
  • Options
    TheGlove said:

Is it too much to ask for the Thunder to get swept by the Spurs AND Awbrey and Clay Clay die in a refinery explosion?

If anything you aren't asking for enough.

IMO, Howard Schultz and Greg Nichols more to blame than Bennett.
  • Options
    Lacotta, Nickels, Shulz, Aubrey, Clay they can all die in a refinery explosion.
    ABUNDANCE
  • Options
    oh and don't forget stern