Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ken Griswold and the banana reference?

WTF is that about?

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Allegedly, while Kim was getting info from a HHB poaster (badapple) pretending to be an Oregon insider, he was claiming that the info in question from a blonde Oregon AD intern. At some point, he spun a tale about giving her a banana at a Starbucks. I believe this is also where the phrase "BRB, blonde" originated.

Others may have the timeline down better than I do.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    yes, he inferred that he's such a playa on Valentines Day that he'll be buying bananas for random blondes at Starbucks and will get in trouble. ;)

just making sure we all knew that our boring lives with hot Asian wives was nothing compared to what he gets involved in.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014
    Meek said:

yes, he inferred that he's such a playa on Valentines Day that he'll be buying bananas for random blondes at Starbucks and will get in trouble. ;)

just making sure we all knew that our boring lives with hot Asian wives was nothing compared to what he gets involved in.

That's the one.

I think he said he was going to get into trouble a couple of times in that post. Douche.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    What he actually said was he had just been to Starbucks and while ordering coffee had bought a banana for the hot blonde behind him in line. "I'm going to get in trouble today" came from that, and then it just took off with a life of its own about hot blondes and bananas and getting into trouble today.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,868
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2014
    It was from Valentine's Day of last yr., so it might still be on their shitty site (if Kim hasn't deleted it). He went on and on about being carefree and impulsive with random women at Starbuck's, complete with faggoty winks ($75k).
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He also said he doesn't need a girlfriend or wife because he has a "contacts list". Apparently Ken is just swimming in pussy
  • Options
    GulagDawgGulagDawg Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

AZDuck said:

Allegedly, while Kim was getting info from a HHB poaster (badapple) pretending to be an Oregon insider, he was claiming that the info in question from a blonde Oregon AD intern. At some point, he spun a tale about giving her a banana at a Starbucks. I believe this is also where the phrase "BRB, blonde" originated.

Others may have the timeline down better than I do.

You have it all mixed up.

They were all separate moments.

He said on Valentines Day he was going to give this Starbucks Barista a banana and then said "I'm going to get in trouble".

The BRB blonde was during the chat where he called recruits idiots, said UW was in on Tyner among other bull shit tales.
    Tall (like him) cum chai latte was the order IIRC. With an extra small banana.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Yeah, that story never happened. And if it did, I'm sure the chick thought the situation was really, REALLY awkward.

The only trouble Kim found himself in that night occurred when he forgot to pick up tortilla chips along with the vino for an evening at Fetter's