Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW vs AZ - Immaculate Interception - Saturday October 10th 2009

2»

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,366 Swaye's Wigwam
    Loved that moment and game. Maybe every fan of every team thinks this, but it has always felt to me in my lifetime like UW almost never wins a game like this and almost only wins if they are better than the team they are playing AND outplay them. They rarely play a relatively even game like this and just get the random play late that gets the the win. 2001 vs. Michigan is about the only other one I can think of.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I hated that game. UW was beat and got lucky. What it did was let Sark off the hook. Instead of being asked the hard questions that come after a loss, Sark was left to celebrate and keep pretending what he was doing was working. And of course the doogs are happy with “a win is a win”. It’s like if I skip my golf shot across the water, hit a rock, get a bounce onto the green for a tap in birdie, the score card for the hole doesn’t show that in suck at golf, but a trend will eventually emerge.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,366 Swaye's Wigwam
    also, fuck I wish UW had a LB like Mason Foster in the 2016-19 Pete window
  • HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 72
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Fun fucking game. No business winning that game either

I was there. Ball probably did hit the ground
    Debatable
    Alumni band. I had a great view from ground level on the track in the west endzone.
    Former self proclaimed rockstar. I had a great view from my couch & amidst the smoky weed haze and empty vodka bottles. Definitely bounced off his foot.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,673 Founders Club

Loved that moment and game. Maybe every fan of every team thinks this, but it has always felt to me in my lifetime like UW almost never wins a game like this and almost only wins if they are better than the team they are playing AND outplay them. They rarely play a relatively even game like this and just get the random play late that gets the the win. 2001 vs. Michigan is about the only other one I can think of.

2000 Cal was kind of like that, but on steroids
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Debatable
    Alumni band. I had a great view from ground level on the track in the west endzone.
    We get it, you like to disagree just to troll. Take it to the Tug.
    I disagree with that.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022

There was another Cal game like that in the 90s, 1994 is my guess. I think Damon was the QB. UW got a couple few breaks late and had some quick scores to come back. The game ended on an out pass to Bruener for a TD from around the 5 yard line iirc.

What I remember about that too is the way the game switched over to KOMO and Brice King's first words were "can you believe that?" At least I think it was him.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,616 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

[citation needed]
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,673 Founders Club
    chuck said:

There was another Cal game like that in the 90s, 1994 is my guess. I think Damon was the QB. UW got a couple few breaks late and had some quick scores to come back. The game ended on an out pass to Bruener for a TD from around the 5 yard line iirc.

What I remember about that too is the way the game switched over to KOMO and Brice King's first words were "can you believe that?" At least I think it was him.
    I think that was '93
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,878 Founders Club
    Cal was ahead 27 to 3 in 1987 at Husky Stadium

UW won

Cal was ahead 27 to 3 in 1987 at Husky Stadium

UW won

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,878 Founders Club
  • StateChampWereUStateChampWereU Member Posts: 39

chuck said:

I think that was '93
    Yep, '93.
    Then there was the 1979 game in Eugene. Washington trailed 17-0 in the third quarter, and 17-14 with two minutes left. Oregon punted to Mark Lee, and he ran it back either 53 or 58 yards for the game-winning TD.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,620 Swaye's Wigwam

Then there was the 1979 game in Eugene. Washington trailed 17-0 in the third quarter, and 17-14 with two minutes left. Oregon punted to Mark Lee, and he ran it back either 53 or 58 yards for the game-winning TD.

Did UW get a single win like that before the 2020 Utah game?
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    The Older Better Husky Stadium.