Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Will Ruperake Have to Step Up Again?

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,288 Swaye's Wigwam
Digging through the roster and am totally terrified by the lack of depth at LB, especially with Ulofoshio supposedly out for at least the first half of the season, if not forever. Should we be scared because this is what we have? I'm not talking about edge players either who are really DEs or whatever this Husky position thing is.

Cam Bright - Pitt transfer, should be at least solid
Bruener - Should be real good as long as he keeps progressing
JT's Cousin - Guy plays like he has ski boots on
Danny Hammer - According to some UW pundits, still a year away his fourth year in the program. Also always hurt
DeMario King - 212 pounds. Who were the last UW JC transfers who didn't suck?

That's it, rest are walk ons, including Saint Ruperake.

Comments

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kris Moll is good.

D-Line is more of a worry IMO, now that our only Vita-body NT appears out.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought there were reports that Tuputala looks really good this year and could steal a starting spot.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club

Digging through the roster and am totally terrified by the lack of depth at LB, especially with Ulofoshio supposedly out for at least the first half of the season, if not forever. Should we be scared because this is what we have? I'm not talking about edge players either who are really DEs or whatever this Husky position thing is.

Cam Bright - Pitt transfer, should be at least solid
    Bruener - Should be real good as long as he keeps progressing
    JT's Cousin - Guy plays like he has ski boots on
    Danny Hammer - According to some UW pundits, still a year away his fourth year in the program. Also always hurt
    DeMario King - 212 pounds. Who were the last UW JC transfers who didn't suck?

That's it, rest are walk ons, including Saint Ruperake.

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,579 Founders Club
    Kai Ellis was good. Still waiting on David Batts to emerge. He still has eligibility
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,288 Swaye's Wigwam
    Good JC since Marcel Reece and Dashon Goldson? Not sure I can think of one. I know there are a bunch who I feel like didn't even end up enrolling.
    super random, but does anyone else remember a recruit that sounds made up maybe in the 2000s - he was a JC OL from Georgia I think last name Polk. He had crazy stories about how his family threw him into lakes to learn to swim by out swimming gators and stuff. He committed to UW but then flipped to Georgia once they offered and may have never shown up there?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club

super random, but does anyone else remember a recruit that sounds made up maybe in the 2000s - he was a JC OL from Georgia I think last name Polk. He had crazy stories about how his family threw him into lakes to learn to swim by out swimming gators and stuff. He committed to UW but then flipped to Georgia once they offered and may have never shown up there?

Just like Sidd Finch

Or maybe Stump Van Nostrom is a better example
    Dorson Boyce did nothing here then had a cup of coffee in the NFL.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,806 Founders Club
    Zeke Turner? Was he JC?

Zeke Turner? Was he JC?

I wanna say prep school like Vea maybe but good pull. One of my favorites
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    LB actually sounds somewhat decent based on practice reports. Tupatala has stepped up and is starting ahead of Bruener. We seem to be decent through the 2 deeps.

I'm more worried about the dbs as it sounds like Michel Powell is being picked on and Freshman Vince Nunley is now running with the 1s at safety
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam
    Not having Bob Gregory should help
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    LB is deep. Heimuli lost ground in the pecking order compared to last season. I don't know if it's good or not but there's more depth than I'm used to. Darth Maul is an intriguing addition and Bright seems like a very solid player.

Or maybe Stump Van Nostrom is a better example
    I know this sounds made up but I swear it was a real thing, unless the whole thing was made up.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Defense is for fags. We need to score some fucking points already.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club

Defense is for fags. We need to score some fucking points already.

@Doog_de_Jour

This team needs to learn to stop relying on Ruperake Fuavai to save the season

He’s kind of the only proven commodity we have though