Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Annual Pac 12 Coaches Peer Assessment article

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited August 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
https://athlonsports.com/.amp/college-football/pac-12-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-for-2022

Whoever they talked to about UW (Shaw or Wilcox I'm guessing) is a massive Jimmy apologist.

UW has performed similarly to Michigan so I thought that was a fs comment as well. And we were competing and beating Notre Dame for recruits around 2018-19.

Comments

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don’t think either coach liked him all that much. First comment was probably from someone like Smith
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,071
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think that first comment was Shaw.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Mad_Son said:

Shaw has zero personality, so no way he said it. I’d be shocked if he made any comment at all, probably just went mute on the call.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2022

Mad_Son said:

Shaw has zero personality, so no way he said it. I’d be shocked if he made any comment at all, probably just went mute on the call.
    Agree. First comment is 100% Smith.

Says it's a mystery, says that's not the Lake he knew (esp given that Smith left a few years before Lake took over), that head coaching changes you (and Smith recently became head coach so he knows that transition), and that expectations and reality don't align at UW (probably still bitter how he was hated despite being a serviceable OC)

I think 2nd is Shaw and 4th is Wilcox. 3rd is maybe Whittingham, and the rest, I don't know.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,071
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

Agree. First comment is 100% Smith.

Says it's a mystery, says that's not the Lake he knew (esp given that Smith left a few years before Lake took over), that head coaching changes you (and Smith recently became head coach so he knows that transition), and that expectations and reality don't align at UW (probably still bitter how he was hated despite being a serviceable OC)

I think 2nd is Shaw and 4th is Wilcox. 3rd is maybe Whittingham, and the rest, I don't know.
    Ok, I'm convinced
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

Pretty sure he smirked
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

Pretty sure he smirked
    Shaw smirks smugly at his own reflection.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Yeah I must have glossed right past the last line