Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2022 Donator List (Updated Oct 9th)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Race has done it again!

The Dong Meter really makes this whole thing worthwhile and this is a great one. Grundle as a morgue book keeper had me in stiches.
    My legacy lives on!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stalin, you lying fuck! I donated via check $129.81. @UW_Doog_Bot plagiarized my shit but he probably did Paypal so beat me to the punch.

53 seconds bitch!
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Might as well turn the Zone into a raging club scene. The family friendliness of UW football is dead with 730 kickoffs. UW / Pac 12 decided to not sell tickets to families or seats to kids. How many did that exclude?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,994
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

Might as well turn the Zone into a raging club scene. The family friendliness of UW football is dead with 730 kickoffs. UW / Pac 12 decided to not sell tickets to families or seats to kids. How many did that exclude?

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

That looks more fun than losing to Montana.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    godawgst said:

We have one week to go for the fundraiser. It looks like the lost weekend in Korea is off the table. Last year we hit 10k for August. Considering the lack of enthusiasm for UW football, I'm impressed and grateful that we've crossed the 8k mark. Swaye and I were talking about this a few weeks ago. We didn't know what this year would look like. So we're pumped. But we'd love to see it cross that $9,000 barrier before Aug 31.

I'm not surprised in the least by this outcome. Overall traffic numbers (way down) aren't necessarily predictive of the continued loyalty and giving of the HH base.

You are/were correct
    It's not just here that traffic is down. Over on the flagship message board for UW, there are page one posts over a week old, that in normal times would be on page 3 or higher in normal/good times for football a week before the season starts.

Ominous part for UW AD (which they see in their ticket sales data amongst everything else) is if this is happening with their 1% diehard fanatics, what is the interest/level of engagement for the casual UW fan? #apathy
    I don't really have a pulse on it like others do, but I'm guessing all the woke stuff and the AD scolding fans critical of a bad coach like some buzzed, overweight soccer mom has turned off many. Also, scoring seven on a nothing Big Sky team at home and losing, plus four and eight.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    By now one of the beat writers would have tweeted a post about season ticket sales. Fact that they haven't so close to start of regular season tells you it can't be good. 1/3 season ticket holders asked for money back after covid which put it in the low 30's. I'd suspect after 4 game 2020 season and last year it is still around there.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Two days left to the OFFICIAL fundraiser. While we've done better than I expected, we're limping across the finish line.

@MelloDawg said four weeks ago he was going to donate this year, so that should be coming through anytime now.

For those of you that have been with the site for 7-10 years and have never donated, this is a great time to kick in $25 to show your support and help keep our pirate ship afloat.

Thank you!

Citation needed
    To what purpose?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

@Southerndawg has entered The Wam!!!

Sonofabitch beat me by .81
  • Options
    Founders Club
    OFFICIAL annual fundraiser closes in 15 minutes.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Got to hand it to @MelloDawg, with the 11:59pm donation coming through on Aug 31st. A man of theater.